PDA

View Full Version : NEED Help Cant intall demo from Steam

Scarn
5th Mar 2010, 00:22
can't install demo from steam. Evertime I click on intall demo it fails to start installing

compatible
5th Mar 2010, 00:34
so you have downloaded it from steam but cant install , we need your pc specs to make sure you are up to scratch , also have you installed all latest drivers ?

LIGHTS
5th Mar 2010, 00:57
check the FAQ (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=101759) to see if you have the requirements.

1ofakind
5th Mar 2010, 01:02
I think he means it wont even download. I'm having the same problem. Any spec computer should at least be able to download lol. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

evelystira
5th Mar 2010, 01:24
file -> go offline then file -> go online... should let you download it if u havent restarted steam yet..

1ofakind
5th Mar 2010, 01:31
It still wont work! I'm using Vista 32bit by the way. I click install and it doesn't do anything!

chip5541
5th Mar 2010, 02:01
Close Steam then restart it. I had the same problem earlier.

1ofakind
5th Mar 2010, 02:49
OK now this really sucks. I cant download any of the demos on Steam. I don't know what to do! I did the online/offline thing. I logged out and logged on. I prayed. Nothing will work. I wish Avalanche Studios could send me the exe for the demo cause i think its a problem with Steam... ME WANT DEMO TOO! lol

pleomax
5th Mar 2010, 07:31
I had a problem earlier with it not 'completing the installation', when it install's it downloads a little bit more and it was failing, waited a while then tried and it worked.

I think maybe steam was busy or something.