PDA

View Full Version : Please Fix Plane Flight

seniorfrito
4th Mar 2010, 23:16
Please please please. I'm begging you. Please fix Airplane flight. All I'm asking for is mouse steering. Currently the mouse moves the camera during plane flight, but there needs to be an option to control direction using the mouse.

Other than that, I think we've got a great game here.

compatible
5th Mar 2010, 01:13
Please please please DONT touch it i love it the way it is , i dont want to have to drag my mouse al the way across my bed just to bank round a corner , i think you have it spot on for the plane handling :D:thumb:

p.s loving this game.:flowers:

seniorfrito
5th Mar 2010, 05:49
Please please please DONT touch it i love it the way it is , i dont want to have to drag my mouse al the way across my bed just to bank round a corner , i think you have it spot on for the plane handling :D:thumb:

What are you even talking about dragging your mouse all the way across your bed? All I'm asking for is support for mouse steering. See some of use don't have joysticks considering the first joysticks they bought used serial port plug in, and that port doesn't actually exist on most modern PCs anymore. And frankly there hasn't been any need for any joysticks OR gamepads for PC gaming in a long time. So... I'm having a hard time finding what point it is exactly that you're trying to make. Because it sounds to me like you're just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

I'm sorry if I find this button tapping to make micro changes to my plane's tilt, dive, and climb to avoid spinning out of control somewhat idiotic. There just needs to be an OPTION. Keyword OPTION. I'm not asking for them to change YOUR precious configuration that you've become accustomed to for all of a few hours that the demo has been out.

MadCatChiken
5th Mar 2010, 13:18
They just need more customability for plane and heli controls, be able to swap between mouse control and keyboard, even allow joystick support. Though the biggest thing for me would atleast allow some rudder control I know its not a sim, but would be nice, would help lining up on targets.

Pellaes
14th Mar 2010, 06:54
I really feel the lack of rudder control to be an issue, as without it turning left and right means you have to roll, use your elevator, and then roll again instead of just being able to use the rudder. This will also make using weapons on planes quite difficult.

seniorfrito
14th Mar 2010, 11:42
Yeah I still hope they implement the option to use the mouse, but for those interested, get either a gamepad, PS3 controller or Xbox 360 controller and use it on your PC. I gotta say, it was WAY easier and nicer to use my PS3 controller.

Crimsonskar
14th Mar 2010, 16:37
The planes in this game really need Yaw control. I'd imagine it would be very hard to do a strafing run in a plane with guns if you didn't have the ability to use the plane's rudder.

Kodak
14th Mar 2010, 16:39
What they should do is this:

1) Add rudder control
2) Make the mouse (along with the arrow keys) the default aileron/elevator controls
3) Add a button (I'll use caps lock as an example) that when pressed turns free look on, allowing you to then use the mouse to look around. It's worked well in other arcade flight games, don't see why it wouldn't in JC2. Then simply disengages and resets the camera position when released.

Anyways, the planes don't currently bother me, but I can easily see the lack of rudder and mouse control causing problems with precise landing and strafing runs.

MonacoSteve
14th Mar 2010, 19:48
...I can easily see the lack of rudder and mouse control causing problems with precise landing and strafing runs.

Absolutly. Meanwhile I learned to start an fly them, but was not able to land one single plane without crashing it in fireball... :D

MrDucky
27th Mar 2010, 14:39
Yes please, joystick support is needed, I don't know how anyone can fly a plane on keyboard alone,but I sure as hell can't - and I ain't buying an xbox controller, while I've got a perfectly good working joystick next to me :)

wakko
28th Mar 2010, 10:07

Atleast make an option to turn the mouse ON for people who dislike just flying with the keyboard, this way everyone is being happy :D

CDR Mikhail
5th Apr 2010, 19:03
What they should do is this:

1) Add rudder control
2) Make the mouse (along with the arrow keys) the default aileron/elevator controls
3) Add a button (I'll use caps lock as an example) that when pressed turns free look on, allowing you to then use the mouse to look around. It's worked well in other arcade flight games, don't see why it wouldn't in JC2. Then simply disengages and resets the camera position when released.

Anyways, the planes don't currently bother me, but I can easily see the lack of rudder and mouse control causing problems with precise landing and strafing runs.

HEAR HEAR!

Come on devs, atm the fighter jets are pretty much useless for anything else than flying really fast or blowing up MASSIVE targets - precision is impossible!:mad2:

Patch it in PLEASE!

Scarn
5th Apr 2010, 19:24
I think the planes should be faster we need a Jet that can break the sound barrier. PLZ DLC

srimk
5th Apr 2010, 23:56
Yes please, joystick support is needed, I don't know how anyone can fly a plane on keyboard alone,but I sure as hell can't - and I ain't buying an xbox controller, while I've got a perfectly good working joystick next to me :)

hello.
there is an emulator controller 360, put in the game folder, and the game believe that uses a controller 360, of course you need to configure an ini file before, but nothing complicated, you will find all the info at this address, they have an excellent forum.
and it works with any kind of joystick and a large number of game
MOD in question is called X360CE VIBMOD
http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?act=home

ps:sorry for my bad english.

Dodge34
6th Apr 2010, 02:24
Rudder control, don't know where they could place it on a x360 controller, all the buttons have their own use when using a plane in this game. But I agree it should be done, GTASA managed to have it on the original XBOX controller.