PDA

View Full Version : PC Demo only gamepad support is a X360 Controller, Yuck !!!

Dapcnut
4th Mar 2010, 23:08
My biggest complaint on the PC demo is that it only supports an X360 Gamepad. :mad2:

Retail version of Just Cause 2 better support Directinput Gamepads also.
(Ie. Non-X360 Gamepad, Logitech Dual Action, Etc)
With gamepad button remapping, sensitivity and dead zone adjustments.
I would prefer to fly Helicopters, Planes and Drive with a gamepad.

I probably will not buy Just Cause 2 until its supports Directinput Gamepads
or there is a patch that does.

I also noticed I cant use the side buttons on my Logitech G500. :scratch:

compatible
5th Mar 2010, 01:16
My biggest complaint on the PC demo is that it only supports an X360 Gamepad. :mad2:

(Ie. Non-X360 Gamepad, Logitech Dual Action, Etc)
With gamepad button remapping, sensitivity and dead zone adjustments.
I would prefer to fly Helicopters, Planes and Drive with a gamepad.

I probably will not buy Just Cause 2 until its supports Directinput Gamepads
or there is a patch that does.

I also noticed I cant use the side buttons on my Logitech G500. :scratch:

HA HA HA , you sure your the right age to be playing this game son , because with all the deamanding coming from your topic you sound about 8 years ?:lmao:

chiciura85
5th Mar 2010, 08:09
you can try to emulate...

Eidos Support
5th Mar 2010, 10:38

Windows Vista and Windows 7, or more specifically DirectX10 and above, does not support DirectInput (this is a DirectX 8 > 9.0c function) which is why the Games for Windows controller is specified as this uses the DirectX 10 function, Xinput. Other controllers which use Xinput may work if they follow a similar layout design to this controller.

Dapcnut
5th Mar 2010, 12:56
Windows Vista and Windows 7, or more specifically DirectX10 and above, does not support DirectInput (this is a DirectX 8 > 9.0c function) which is why the Games for Windows controller is specified as this uses the DirectX 10 function, Xinput. Other controllers which use Xinput may work if they follow a similar layout design to this controller.

Ok thanks for the Info.
I got my old DirectInput Gamepad to work using an Xbox 360 controller Emulator.

Menthalion
6th Mar 2010, 13:54
OK, I've found a very cool little program (http://virusdev.ovh.org/files/) where you can remap ANY game controller/joystick to a (virtual) XBox 360 controller.

This way, anyone could map their specific joystick to the Xbox 360 Xinput API. HOWEVER, due to the way XBox 360 autodetection is implemented in this, game, we loose mouse input when steering with the controller.

PLEASE make an option to disable Xbox controller auto detection, and an option in the key bindings to bind only selected axis/keys from the controller, without needing to sacrifice the mouse axis for aiming !

tpsims
6th Mar 2010, 22:47

actually my PlayStation Direct Human Interface software and controllers work on Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PC) which mainly relies on DirectX10/11 & it also works for Shattered Horizon (which only plays on DirectX 10+)!!
so please put the functionality in.. I'm playing the demo on the PS3 (I cant on my PC (check my thread.. i need help on fixing it)) and i would love to be able to use the PlayStation controllers as Xbox controllers are as ****y as ****
PS3 dominates Xbox in all aspects of Hardware and has more advanced players online, Microsoft are just trying to corner the market :thud:
And no im not a fany boy (not starting a consol war) im just stating cold hard facts.

oh maybe you could also add the SIXAXIS motion function aswell (my pc has BlueTooth enabled so i can use PS3 controllers)

genaga
6th Mar 2010, 23:29
Does the xinput emulator work for you on the demo? I can't get it to work.

Edit: Got it working.

Apache249
7th Mar 2010, 07:27
actually my PlayStation Direct Human Interface software and controllers work on Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PC) which mainly relies on DirectX10/11 & it also works for Shattered Horizon (which only plays on DirectX 10+)!!
so please put the functionality in.. I'm playing the demo on the PS3 (I cant on my PC (check my thread.. i need help on fixing it)) and i would love to be able to use the PlayStation controllers as Xbox controllers are as ****y as ****
PS3 dominates Xbox in all aspects of Hardware and has more advanced players online, Microsoft are just trying to corner the market :thud:
And no im not a fany boy (not starting a consol war) im just stating cold hard facts.

oh maybe you could also add the SIXAXIS motion function aswell (my pc has BlueTooth enabled so i can use PS3 controllers)

You're using Windows right? Hey! You're the kid whose sig I mocked! :rasp:

tpsims
8th Mar 2010, 16:09
You're using Windows right?

Yes I am. I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack2 (32-bit)

evelystira
8th Mar 2010, 16:24
and this is really off topic but i never understand why people get pc games then throw their mouse and keyboard off to the side and plug in a gamepad... obviously theres a logical reason as to why as tons of people do it.. but doesnt that get rid of the point of a pc? *shrug*

Menthalion
8th Mar 2010, 17:20
and this is really off topic but i never understand why people get pc games then throw their mouse and keyboard off to the side and plug in a gamepad... obviously theres a logical reason as to why as tons of people do it.. but doesnt that get rid of the point of a pc? *shrug*

The truth is, as always, somewhere in the middle. The mouse is superior to a thumbstick for aiming. However, a thumbstick beats keys for vehicle/movement control.

My favourite setup is a mouse combined with one of these:
http://www.jmsinfo.com/images/logitech_g13.jpg

The thumbstick can either be bound to analogue joystick axes, or to (WASD) keys.

For FPS'es and MMORPGS, where controls are binary, the difference in control precision when bound to WASD is pretty minimal. However, you only need your thumb for all movement and free up four fingers for other controls.

For vehicle control (sandbox) games, which favor analogue control, it's far better than WASD. It's too bad the control setup for Just Cause is either using a controller OR m/k, instead of allowing analogue movement binds to the joystick, without compromising mouse functionality; Currently, when I use the Xinput emulator (http://virusdev.ovh.org/files/) to bind the thumbstick to a virtual 360 controller, the game will think I took up a 360 controller, and mouse control gets interpreted as if I was using the aim stick, slowing crosshair movement to a crawl.

I'm still waiting for a mouse with an analogue thumbstick. Who needs a subset of a keyboard if you already got a full one at your disposal.