PDA

View Full Version : Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light? Whats that all about??? ;)

Studded*Belt
4th Mar 2010, 22:18
Guardian of Light? We can only speculate what that could be. So let your creativity flow and make your best guess on what the guardian of light is. So when the game comes out we can all sit in a circle and laugh about how we were wrong (or right). ^^ それでは

To feel special i'll cram my thoughts first.
Well the whole origin idea was going to have Lara in Japan, right??? And who is the Shinto goddess of the sun??? None other than Amaterasu. Considered protector of Japans people. There is a myth about how she hid in a cave then brought light back to the world. We'll i'd be here all day on history, religion and mythology, but you do see my logical-ness here, right? :p
And besides they haven't hit any Japanese myths yet in tomb raider, So i say send Lara though a Torri Gate! ^^

Danielsun_
4th Mar 2010, 22:20
they are loads of myths they havn't hit on yet and only touch the surface of the norse ones

although i am inclined to ask why old religons are refered to as myths when myth usually means it never existed and is just something that has been blown out of proportion

hmmm

Edit: well myths are the stories all well and good but i havnt heard anyone call the old religons, religons, they existed and were religons but people just call them myths, sad face :(

hmmm, japan could be good, but remember TR usually takes places all over the world we don't want lara going off and copying something that really just copied tomb raider and Gears of war (uncharted) as that was just set on an island keep the large exploration i say

Studded*Belt
4th Mar 2010, 22:27
they are loads of myths they havn't hit on yet and only touch the surface of the norse ones

although i am inclined to ask why old religons are refered to as myths when myth usually means it never existed and is just something that has been blown out of proportion

hmmm

Very true, my dear friend, but it does get the player interested more about history so they will bravely venture out to find out more. ^^
Also i just have an unhealthly obsession with Japan and Amaterasu ^^ :D

Danielsun_
4th Mar 2010, 22:38
Very true, my dear friend, but it does get the player interested more about history so they will bravely venture out to find out more. ^^
Also i just have an unhealthly obsession with Japan and Amaterasu ^^ :D

that is indeed true, tomb raider has always peeked my interest in history maybe why i love history so much as a subject and as a hobby

ooo you don't have a shrine to her do you? cuz that would be said, not that i would do anything like that

Hail Thor!!! *cough*

Studded*Belt
4th Mar 2010, 22:51
that is indeed true, tomb raider has always peeked my interest in history maybe why i love history so much as a subject and as a hobby

ooo you don't have a shrine to her do you? cuz that would be said, not that i would do anything like that

Hail Thor!!! *cough*

Yes, hail Lara for piquing our history intrests!
A shrine to Amaterasu or Lara? ;p No i don't, I'm just on my Japanese history phase.( Thanks to the game Okami for piquing that intrest) ^^

And hail Verthandi. :lol::lol:

needmorepillows
5th Mar 2010, 04:36
The title of the game indicates it's not part of the TR series simply because it doesn't have "Tomb Raider" in it - but what if it actually is and that the whole "Origins" idea/rumour is really going through?

That is, if an "origins" game is to incorporate the first tomb/ruins that Lara ever explores or raids, then she's not quite yet a Tomb Raider until she makes a sport out of it right? (sort of like how a person who fixes one car doesn't make them a mechanic, but only when they multiple cars).

The "guardian of light" title is quite open ended as I'm sure a lot of ancients worshipped some form of light in some way - whether it be referring to a priest/priestess of a Sun god/goddess or a god/goddess of fire or it could actually be an item (for example in Legend we had "Excalibur", but maybe there's a sword called "The Guardian of Light" which may even be a translated name).

Whatever happens, I hope it has an awesome soundtrack and stunning graphics!

naraku
7th Mar 2010, 08:20
Well I don't think this title has anything to do with TR9 cause Keir said so to that effect. SO it's a standalone spinoff, and it involves Toltec A MAYAN tribesman trying to defeat Xoxolt a spirit and involves a mirror of smoke :scratch:

So I don't think this'll involve a shinto goddess, however it sounds like it will involve a Barbecue cook out, I mean the "Guardian of Light" and smoky mirrors, reminds me of a "Kingsford" commercial. :lol: I really hope the guardian dude is not a guy with a torch or a grill. :nut:

The plot is familiar, like Prince of Persia (PS3) even. :scratch:

I hope He-man *ahem* I mean Toltec doesn't rescue us from death like whatshername?....

The arcade platforming looks passable even classic, from all the hints Keir has given, this is a game aimed at old skoolraiders. As in not too overly dramatic and dare I say it, fun! The camera angles won't make anybody new friends and the graphics have been sacrificed for traps, and even puzzles. :D:cool:

Natla
7th Mar 2010, 08:58
Miller Lite? Someone is guarding it?

Ants_27_
7th Mar 2010, 09:29
Japan myths have some pretty disturbing things behind them so I think that would be a good idea to have in one of the TR stories.

While we have King Arthur and Dragons they have:

Slit-mouth woman (http://www.scaryforkids.com/kuchisake-onna/) (not that original now-a-days but still)
Pale Man (http://www.scaryforkids.com/pale-man/)

In a very strange way I like Mr. Pale Man!

http://www.scaryforkids.com/japanese-legends/

Didn't Broken Sword use the myth the smoking mirror once... probably slightly different!

hiMe
8th Mar 2010, 11:19
I doubt it's gonna be focused on Japan Myths,even though that does sound very cool.
Obviously focusing on Amazonian culture and stuff. And besides LR: GOL seems like a short game. So I don't think they'll delve into anything more than south american regionsss.

Rexie
8th Mar 2010, 18:50
According to Keir, this is how we're going to react once we play it:

Y9KyBdPeKHg

Danielsun_
8th Mar 2010, 19:14
HAHA spot on!

Max 28
9th Mar 2010, 02:43
Yeah this aint the Japan Origins game. We're in South America with Toltec, Xoxolt and a smoky mirror. It might be tied in with Mayan myths, but it looks so far like we won't get a lot of plot so they won't need to delve very deep into the myths behind it.

Studded*Belt
4th Jul 2010, 06:09
, however it sounds like it will involve a Barbecue cook out, I mean the "Guardian of Light" and smoky mirrors, reminds me of a "Kingsford" commercial. :lol: I really hope the guardian dude is not a guy with a torch or a grill. :nut:

if that was the case, i'd be one happy child, with many wet naps by my side, beacause bbq sauce is messy yet heavenly in taste.

RoombelinaUK
6th Jul 2010, 18:17
Japan myths have some pretty disturbing things behind them so I think that would be a good idea to have in one of the TR stories.

While we have King Arthur and Dragons they have:

Slit-mouth woman (http://www.scaryforkids.com/kuchisake-onna/) (not that original now-a-days but still)
Pale Man (http://www.scaryforkids.com/pale-man/)

In a very strange way I like Mr. Pale Man!

http://www.scaryforkids.com/japanese-legends/

Didn't Broken Sword use the myth the smoking mirror once... probably slightly different!

hehe, I love the pale man! I fell in love with him when I watched Pan's Labyrinth, though I never knew he was based on a japanese legend..

RoombelinaUK
6th Jul 2010, 18:20
According to Keir, this is how we're going to react once we play it:

Y9KyBdPeKHg

Oh, and LOL!! That's great dialogue AND acting!! :lmao: