PDA

View Full Version : Demo, Disapointing on PC

Bluesbro
4th Mar 2010, 19:59
I am very annoyed! The demo has obiously been ported. You said to us that the game ws not going to be ported and for PC players to expect great things so why were they so lazy with the demo. Many people are going to be put off now because of this.

Kibble
4th Mar 2010, 20:00
hmmmm i agree :D

Enzoforce
4th Mar 2010, 20:03
Agreed! The PC version is a rip-off. Even though it's free. It eats up free GB space for extremely many bugs, more than PS3 or XBOX360.

Enough with the rant...

Just please fix these bugs because I cannot play with this.

Vench
4th Mar 2010, 20:03
pre-ordered it for xbox 360, played thedemo for pc on highest settings with 45er framerate, it was damn amazing, dont know what u mean ...

Bluesbro
4th Mar 2010, 20:04
whats your pc?

Enzoforce
4th Mar 2010, 20:07
whats your pc?

Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Hard Drive: 640 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
Sound Card: Luidsprekers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.090803-2339)

p34nk
4th Mar 2010, 20:15
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.090803-2339)

That should at least give you a good medium setting, right? What seems to be the problem that you are having?

Don Agucho
4th Mar 2010, 20:20
Cant find a lot of bugs in the PS3 version, so what are the exact problems in the PC version with that??

SilentAssassin
4th Mar 2010, 20:40
Guys on PC, does anyone else get the not responding message every time they play? I play for like 5 mins, have fun, then BAM. Fails.

CloudWolf
4th Mar 2010, 20:42
many are saying its not optimized enough, although some have been reporting blazing performance on worse rigs than the ppl that are having problems ;)

evelystira
4th Mar 2010, 20:43
Guys on PC, does anyone else get the not responding message every time they play? I play for like 5 mins, have fun, then BAM. Fails.

nope.. ive only played for like 40-50 mins though.. waiting for a fix to get rid of the ugly timer then im gonna sit down for a good 5 or 6 hours and enjoy it like i should have without interruptions :P

Zenin
4th Mar 2010, 20:50
just test on my 8800GT in SLi

can just run it on default, with all the fun nvidea stuff off, not too smooth, water looks so much better on pc with everything max, but bad fps.

also this one time the plane was spazzing out.

Liberaliter
4th Mar 2010, 20:53
Was exactly are the problems you guys are having? If you aren't happy then there is no point saying 'oh its just a bad console port wah wah wah', at least identify problems.

genaga
4th Mar 2010, 20:55

Happened to me once.

My rig isn't that good. I have everything on top settings, runs fine.

But the controls are quite bad. might invest ina 360 controller.

Seenie
4th Mar 2010, 20:56
Well, it's running great for me and I'm averaging 50+ FPS with everything maxed out. I haven't found any bugs yet. The only thing that felt weird at first were the controls because I'm so use to press space bar for hand brake not x but I got use to it after like 5 mins of playing. Oh also the whole 30 minute of gameplay thing is a lil weird since you get infinite replays. Other than that I can't wait for the whole game its gonna be sweet!

Heliosicle
4th Mar 2010, 20:58
I havent had any problems with all max settings and no vsync, was getting 80fps average according to fraps.

havent found any bugs other than grappling 2 people together, 1 in a tower 1 on the ground and the cable going through the floor

Red_Man
4th Mar 2010, 21:01
No problems for me. Amazing game. Didn't noticed that I was playing for 2 hours.

dayd41
4th Mar 2010, 21:03
I havent had any problems with all max settings and no vsync, was getting 80fps average according to fraps.

havent found any bugs other than grappling 2 people together, 1 in a tower 1 on the ground and the cable going through the floor

Thats not a bug, its supposed 2 happen.

The cable its self doesnt collide with other objects, only the 2 objects on each end do, so the cable will go through anything.

Kibble
4th Mar 2010, 21:26
was exactly are the problems you guys are having? If you aren't happy then there is no point saying 'oh its just a bad console port wah wah wah', at least identify problems.

lag!!!!!!!!!! Awful lag on low setting wah wah wah wah!!!!!!!!!!!!

AssassinAgent47
4th Mar 2010, 21:52
ah yes now I remember why I left PC gaming

CentroX
4th Mar 2010, 21:59
ah yes now I remember why I left PC gaming

eh what? The PC demo is tons better graphically then the console versions.

chickenchief
4th Mar 2010, 21:59
I played around with my settings and got fantastic performance, around 50-60 fps, but i am still getting it for the 360 for one reason. And that is whenever i enter an area with high density of tropical flora my framerate drops downs really low. Considering i will spend most of my time in the tropical environment i dont want to play at 25 fps.

And people saying this is a console port should just be quiet. The game looks and plays better than the console version IMO.

AssassinAgent47
4th Mar 2010, 22:03
eh what? The PC demo is tons better graphically then the console versions.

I was being sarcastic

it always happens when a new PC game/demo comes out

OMG I can't play the game at 40,000 FPS this is crappy console port

etc.etc.

it sounded better in my head

compatible
4th Mar 2010, 22:19
Running great here all maxed out 1080p res must be about 45-50 fps.

specs: gtx295 (stock)
8gb ddr2 ramm (stock)
q6700 quad core. (stock)
p5w dh deluxe asus motherboard.
1000w psu
creative pro gamer x-fi sound card.

display HD70 projector (currently at 90" on white wall.

7.1 creative speakers.

running great but i am also waiting for a fix on the time being taken out , or stoped ..:lmao:

BLaZiNgSPEED
4th Mar 2010, 22:46
I am surprised that you guys are disappointed.:scratch:
I bloody loved the game!:rasp:
I am maxing it out with Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB DDR5 OverClocked, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 stock 2.40 GHz, 3 GB of RAM, Windows Vista Home Premium on 1920x1200 resolution.

This game in my opinion has a flavour of Crysis. Except for the fact that this is an Action Adventure game and not an FPS like Crysis.

The graphics are ofcourse more inferior than Crysis, but the game has that gameplay where you have freedom and kill people drive vehicles, cars, motor, etc. Its still very beautiful, I mean even graphically it is very colourful.

I really, really like how you drive the motor cycle, reminds me of Road Rash 1996 game. Except that this is much, much better. Physics of this is more superior than Crysis or any other game I have played. The tyres are inch perfect!

One bad point to make out is that the controlling system is a bit crap. It reminds me of Alone in the Dark game where it was pretty difficult to control the guy. Even though im using keyboard and mouse. I tried the Xbox 360 controller as well and its still tough.

Overall a great experience nonetheless.:thumb:

tommythe5th
4th Mar 2010, 23:18
Ok, I'm having an issue I had with Operation Flashpoint 2. There is a huge delay (at least 3/4 of a second) from when i do an action to when it happens in the game. I tried so many different things with OP2 and never found a solution to the problem. Is anybody else having this issue?

compatible
5th Mar 2010, 01:03
maybe a latency issue key board / mouse or controller / old or new ? :scratch: , sure its not lag how many fps do have ?

compatible
5th Mar 2010, 01:07
I am surprised that you guys are disappointed.:scratch:
I bloody loved the game!:rasp:
I am maxing it out with Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB DDR5 OverClocked, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 stock 2.40 GHz, 3 GB of RAM, Windows Vista Home Premium on 1920x1200 resolution.

This game in my opinion has a flavour of Crysis. Except for the fact that this is an Action Adventure game and not an FPS like Crysis.

The graphics are ofcourse more inferior than Crysis, but the game has that gameplay where you have freedom and kill people drive vehicles, cars, motor, etc. Its still very beautiful, I mean even graphically it is very colourful.

I really, really like how you drive the motor cycle, reminds me of Road Rash 1996 game. Except that this is much, much better. Physics of this is more superior than Crysis or any other game I have played. The tyres are inch perfect!

One bad point to make out is that the controlling system is a bit crap. It reminds me of Alone in the Dark game where it was pretty difficult to control the guy. Even though im using keyboard and mouse. I tried the Xbox 360 controller as well and its still tough.

Overall a great experience nonetheless.:thumb:

yer i dont understand whats wrong with some peeps , i think they worked them selfs up so much when waiting for the demo , when it came out it just wasn't good enough for there wild imagination , i think the more and more you play it the more you see how much work was put into it , just taken diffrent cars and bikes over the sandys hills gets me going.

digitalwanderer
5th Mar 2010, 01:18
I'm loving the demo, it's blowing me away. It looks/acts nothing like a console port to me, it's playing like a very fun and proper PC game. :)

I love the immense sense of scale, breath taking.

GoodTimes
5th Mar 2010, 05:30
Not sure what some of you are on about. I really love this demo. The fun I've had so far is way more then I expected! Runs crazy smooth with 4xAA maxed@1920x1080 on a 4 year old system. Windows 7 HomeP, ASUS P5N32-E SLI PLUS, C2D 6750 2.6, 4GB Spec-ops OCZ 800', Evga 8800GT SC, SupremeFX w/DTS connect. I also love the fact they used actual 5.1 (channels) sound as well. I really can't wait to get the full game! ITS MASSIVE! The driving and flying are a bit off putting, but seriously I'll get used to it. I rarely have used vehicles anyway, so far.The controls are a bit wonky at first, but once you play for a bit they get way better. I don't see anything wrong with them as they are.

The rest of w/e is expected. There hasn't been a game that has been released, for as long as I can remember, that has been flawless. Especially a sandbox this grand.

Anyway, back to playing for me!

LordFalcon666
5th Mar 2010, 07:50
Just to add to the "dissapoint" section:

- Control for Plane is a Pain'n'd'A...
- Camera-View while Parachuting would be nice to Adjust via Mousewheel
- Mouse-Steering while in Helicopter is like grinding my Mouse 765 times over the Table to turn 360° around. I hope i find a menu for individual mouse-speed for different vehicles.
- I'm used to "Zoom/AIM" on RMB... nice suprise as i realised i'm holding a hand-granade *Boom*
Adjusted that, so i can zoom with RMB and put granades on Mousewheel-press... Is ****ty cause in Tank-Mode i have to use Mousewheel now to fire machine gun. Hope i find some configurations possibility to set the "Fire 2" in Tank-Mode on RMB and in normal walking to AIM/Zoom with RMB.
- I have very much problem in finding all government posessions in little villages to get them to 100% even while flying directly over them with a helicopter and clear view. (Like the village where the mission ends, there is one destructable at the watersite that gets 50% complete... and i don't see any other thing to destroy :-/ Verry disappointing flying there for 5 minutes while the 30 min. counter runs)

But to not let my post look like i think the game is totally bad ^^:
- Verry nice feature with the self-made waypoints and the yellow arrows on streets
- Verry nice graphics and physics
- Extremly cool vehicle behavior, detail and destruction *g*
- Nice to punch the ppl out of their vehicles with button-press. It feels more like being the cause for his pain ^^
- many, many more positive points (much more than negative) that i can't even count here...

I hope there will be a PC-patch ready at release that fixes a bit here and there xD

tommythe5th
5th Mar 2010, 08:03
Fairly new keyboard and mouse. No problems with any other games. Here's my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9400 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0641&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1
Display Memory: 4077 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1005 MB
Shared Memory: 3071 MB

RobRocks
5th Mar 2010, 20:00
dont know what you are all whining about im playin the game maxed out at 60 fps for about 3 hours today only thing i will note is that the control system is a bit wierd but ill just use the 360 controller instead

Johnny Tee
6th Mar 2010, 11:07
I am very annoyed! The demo has obiously been ported. You said to us that the game ws not going to be ported and for PC players to expect great things so why were they so lazy with the demo. Many people are going to be put off now because of this.

An interesting opinion. I have a 3 year old PC, 2gb ram, the only decent up-to-date component is the graphics card (260 GTX) because I melted the original 8800 about 6 months ago. I can get 30+ fps all the time on the demo (at 1600x1200, my monitor's max res) with a couple of settings not on max (shadows and AA) which doesn't really affect the image quality at all for me. 30 fps is fine, anything higher won't make the game any more playable.

Last night I went to a friend's house to see it running on his PS3. The resolution is not as good as I can get on the PC but the game runs really well on the PS3 and was fun to watch. Unlike other games like Fallout 3 and Dragon Age, the PS3 graphics do not appear poor versions of the PC graphics.

I think you are complaining about the game being a "port" when what you really mean is that the game is fundamentally the same on all platforms. I haven't seen any obvious signs of the PC version suffering or being inadequate because it was ported from a console version, and I'm not running it on the latest, top-end PC.

Daworm
6th Mar 2010, 12:45
Running PC without an issue. Core 2 Duo 2ghz - 4GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 320MB 8800GTS.

Only thing on Medium is models (defaulted) everything else is on highest setting.

Smooth gameplay... gets the occasional flaky when I spin too fast just after blowing something up, but otherwise is noice!

Stunkata8
9th Mar 2010, 20:20
The only problem i have is the mouse control when i base jump!Dont know why tou think that the game has been ported,when its not (just think of other games and you'll see)!Graphics are outstanding!Such a beautiful game,such cool effects!I really think that these guys worked hard to deliver us PC gamers an amazing game!

Tarnith
9th Mar 2010, 20:42
They need to add an option for disabling the heat haze as well as depth of field effects, would massively increase performance on older systems.
An option for grass amount would be nice (separate from object detail)
The first Just Cause still runs sub 60 FPS on my system, which is pathetic. Sadly, this game is no better; I can set the options as low as they go and still get drops in areas. This is not a ****ty system (my video card performs on par or better than a gts 250, the recommended) and sub 60 fps on LOWEST is NOT acceptable. The most annoying part is the mouse movement getting so much worse when the framerate drops.

Does anyone with an ATI card have fraps or similar and thus can give what their framerate drops to? I'm thinking this might simply be the terrible drivers nvidia puts out.

MoothyKnight
10th Mar 2010, 03:05
It works great for me I'm AT LEAST getting 50 fps on full settings with 16x anti aliasing and 16x af :P

compatible
10th Mar 2010, 16:15
The only problem i have is the mouse control when i base jump!Dont know why tou think that the game has been ported,when its not (just think of other games and you'll see)!Graphics are outstanding!Such a beautiful game,such cool effects!I really think that these guys worked hard to deliver us PC gamers an amazing game!

humm maybe they got the base jumping and the helli flying controls mixed up , when you base jump it really sensitive , but when you fly a helli it not sensitive enough, if they could swap them around that maybe problem solved , also why does the helli go faster backwards then it does forwards:scratch: ?

xbox360kris
16th Mar 2010, 14:45

my pc is running not smooth :C 9-15 fps at gta iv, when i want a new video card and memory i need a new motherboard? im not really a computerguy

XXX1
16th Mar 2010, 15:46
They need to add an option for disabling the heat haze as well as depth of field effects, would massively increase performance on older systems.
An option for grass amount would be nice (separate from object detail)
The first Just Cause still runs sub 60 FPS on my system, which is pathetic. Sadly, this game is no better; I can set the options as low as they go and still get drops in areas. This is not a ****ty system (my video card performs on par or better than a gts 250, the recommended) and sub 60 fps on LOWEST is NOT acceptable. The most annoying part is the mouse movement getting so much worse when the framerate drops.

Does anyone with an ATI card have fraps or similar and thus can give what their framerate drops to? I'm thinking this might simply be the terrible drivers nvidia puts out.

i have what you want TEST with fraps ? (locations, details settings?)

Crimsonskar
16th Mar 2010, 18:37
For you guys with performance problems, disable SSAO. It seems to really have an effect on framerates, even with my 4870x2. SSAO even on low is pretty demanding on the video card, so try turning it off.

MajorBones
16th Mar 2010, 19:19
I melted the original 8800 about 6 months ago.

Hmm strange:scratch:, was it an 8800GTX 786mb?
I had one too that all of a sudden died on me.
Starting to think something was wrong with that type:eek:

cdland
17th Mar 2010, 12:57
Ok so there is a demo and for the most part it works. Hey does this game need a constant internet connection to play? Ya AC2 Ubi sucks a big one. I did not get to play at all... just waisted more than 20 hours with the game... for the PC. So here is what I did for complaining to much, I pm'd one of the mods to much asking if the severs where up and how long was it going to be. Moderator did not answer for a couple of days and I just got and responce support 9 days after I asked for help. I could see the mod was editing posts of pissed off people but would not answer questions about servers working or not... so my account was suspended... Ok so I used plastic and 2 sided clear tape that is used for sealing your windows in colder climates. It shrinks tight with heat from a hair dryer... so it looks sealed so I could and did return to Bestbuy Canada. They offered me a store credit and I said thank you. So to hell with AC2 and ubi... I will be buying this game with my store credit...

Majordones... My Asus 8800gtx 786meg did the same too... I went for the MSI GTX275 896meg... 200 bucks less and way better card...
Have fun CC :-)

XXX1
17th Mar 2010, 18:05
Hmm strange:scratch:, was it an 8800GTX 786mb?
I had one too that all of a sudden died on me.
Starting to think something was wrong with that type:eek:

G8800 GTX/Ultra was large or most likely gigantic chip, bigger chip = more heat = less lifespan and more expensive manufacturing. simple. big ultra fast chip will most likely die first then smaller chip with smaller die. This is why ATi/AMD after HD2900XT took different path, smaller chip which are cheaper for manufacturing, have less heat and if you need more performance you made dual/tripple/quad chip card (cons are that drivers must be good) but its look like a future, just see what kind of issue have another gigantic cip nvidia FERMI