PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been able to remove the timer?

Aeon09
4th Mar 2010, 18:59
I've looked around in it's directory and I can't see anything that would resemble a timer, no .ini's either.

SooperD
4th Mar 2010, 19:04
Lets hope so, but i think it will be hard work as the game is through steam :(

Helegad
4th Mar 2010, 20:54
I'd say it'd be an executable hex edit. Something that's wayyyy out of my league.

genaga
4th Mar 2010, 21:03
Indeed it is, get artmoney or cheat engine.

Red_Man
4th Mar 2010, 21:04
Lets hope so, but i think it will be hard work as the game is through steam :(
No. Game is not VAC secured, so... Steam will not be a problem :)

DjParagon
4th Mar 2010, 21:09
http://www.imagebar.net/out.php/i73504_demotimeleft.jpg
Now let Explore and freeroam the way I want :)

Looks like it's possible, or will be in the future. If it's not a fake, that's a big fail in Avalanche's coding ! ha ha !

Red_Man
4th Mar 2010, 21:27
Fail? I'd say it's another one exclusive PC feature!

evelystira
4th Mar 2010, 21:30
Looks like it's possible, or will be in the future. If it's not a fake, that's a big fail in Avalanche's coding ! ha ha !

it is and isnt fake, it isnt because its possible to change what the timer says.. but it doesnt actually change the time.. still needs to be reset after 30 mins

Aeon09
4th Mar 2010, 21:48
it is and isnt fake, it isnt because its possible to change what the timer says.. but it doesnt actually change the time.. still needs to be reset after 30 mins

Daym, there's got to be a way how to do it.

compatible
4th Mar 2010, 22:22

humm i think he may have photo shoped that because he will not say any more about it , i know mcm did say you ccan exstend the time but he didnt say how ? any1 know how to do it play through the mission ? complete all hidden things ?

bakalhau
4th Mar 2010, 23:02
I extended my time by 2 minutes by completing the airplane checkpoint race.

kourathi
5th Mar 2010, 00:22
and posting work arounds and discussing hacking the code on official forums is smart.

moneyy
5th Mar 2010, 01:05
lol, i created a post aboit this morning - it's locked thought, got instructions on how to get it done.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=102157

PS. I found a bunch of triggers that actually changed from 0 to 1 as soon as timer started, but none of them broke the timer.