PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes and crashes

chosenCRO
4th Mar 2010, 12:10
Hi,..I have played Batman arkham asylum for for two weeks,and from the start to this day
i have the same problem.The problem is that my game keeps crashing no matter whan I try.
The problem is that in one point the game freezes,and I lose the picture on my display,
and I get a weird sound from my speakers,after some time the computer shuts down...I
startet google-ing and found that the reason for this is the realtek memory bla bla..something
like that...I have tryed everything:
format windows 7 with a clean copy
disable audio
install the latest realtek drivers
preconfigure the BMEngine
Install a fresh copy of the game
Patched it with 1.1 patch
Install all other drivers (new versions) for all my components
Disable hardware acceleration
Disable phxyis...
Put the game on low,.medium...high...
I tryed everything that I could google and the problem is the same.
The crash happends from 5 minutes of playing to up 1 hour...and now im stuck and I cannot play
the game..so pls can you help me in any other way?????

My configuration is:
Intel Quad Core Q8300 @ 3.2gHZ
Kingmax 2X1Gb 800Mhz @ 860Mhz 5 5 5 15
ATi Radeon VTX3D 4670 1Gb
Gigabyte Ga-P35-dS3 (REV.2.)
Hitachi 160Gb+ Samsung 320Gb
Windows 7 32 bit
All of the components are testet with everest system stability...and passed 3DMARKS
the problem is the same even if computer is at default values.

I am really pissed off because I really want to play this game but it is impossible.

Is this going to be fixed with the next patch and when is it coming out?¨!
:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Nemesis296
4th Mar 2010, 14:25
Don't get offended, but because of the copy protection in the game, it's very difficult to play it if you don't have a retail copy of the game. Where did you get the game from?

One thing I would suggest is make sure that you aren't running any unecessary applications while playing the game. It's hard for me to tell if you have enough RAM from your post, but I know you need at least 2-3 GB of RAM for it to run.

Try to give us a little more information and hopefully we can help you solve the problem. By the way, developers have pretty much been silent on these forums since the release in late September 2009. Unfortunately I don't think you'll get a patch to fix this :(

raacut
4th Mar 2010, 14:27
My money is on your card being the probelm. I have an ATI Radeon 4870 and the games benchmarks fine on everything maxed, but 15 to 20 minutes into the game it BSODs. Every other game works fine. If i set the game to high settings the BSOD turns into a crash to desktop. Playing on medium settings solves all my problems. Its a great game and all , but il probably think twice before buying an eidos game for their lack of support for ATI.

chosenCRO
4th Mar 2010, 15:09
@Nemesis...no applications run in back when I play batman.And I wrote my RAM capacity..(2Gb)

And my card cant be a problem because I run all the other games fine on very high..and all of them work fine except Batman...and I wrote that even if I put the game in low or medium it still crashes...Really..i wrote everything....
I found this video..this is exactly what happends..but this one is on xbox..my problem is on pc...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShhwfSvkPJM
and at my case when it freezes like that the picture on my display dissapers and the sound youst starts to "crumble"

The game is original...it is not a crack or a copy.

Nemesis296
4th Mar 2010, 15:52
@Nemesis...no applications run in back when I play batman.And I wrote my RAM capacity..(2Gb)

And my card cant be a problem because I run all the other games fine on very high..and all of them work fine except Batman...and I wrote that even if I put the game in low or medium it still crashes...Really..i wrote everything....
I found this video..this is exactly what happends..but this one is on xbox..my problem is on pc...
and at my case when it freezes like that the picture on my display dissapers and the sound youst starts to "crumble"

Ahhh sorry, 2X1Gb you wrote above I see that, I thought that was some kind of special something, didn't make the connection sorry :o

I almost wonder if you don't have enough RAM then, you're supposed to have 3GB of RAM for running it on Vista (not 100% sure about Win 7, but I have 4GB of RAM on my rig). Even if you can run other games, Arkham Asylum is one of the most graphic intensive games ever made. The fact that to run the game with High PhysX you are supposed to have DUAL nVidia 9800GTX cards should tell you something.

So, the crashing could have something to do with not enough RAM, or it could be your video card is overheating too. I had the Fata1aty nVidia card (512MB DDR2) with an Ageia PhysX accelerator (128 MB DDR3) and until I upgraded the video card (to a nVidia 260GTX / 896 MB DDR3 with the Ageia PhysX accelerator), the demo wouldn't even run above 10FPS for me.

raacut
4th Mar 2010, 16:13

You misunderstand me friend. I meant that this game is 'meant to be played' with nvidia cards. Ati cards are going to have a hard time running his game. Especially since all your others games run fine. I too play all games maxed out , but this is the only game thus far i have had to play on medium.

chosenCRO
4th Mar 2010, 16:59
hm...the temperature on my Video card doesnt exceed over 50°C witch is more than relaible for that graphic card...as for the rest of the components...cpu is about 60°C ...hm eidos just got too lazy for optimising the game because..its a good graphic but is its not that good to overkill my components..so I really dont know what to say..but why do I get the same crash even if I put my game in low or medium details..?
And I read that people with a lot faster and better computers than my computer have the same problem.I really think the problem is in the game itself...I played alien vs predator 3 on max and the game works perfect...assassins creed on max..perfect...really some games that require qood solid computers...but Batman as the game as it is...really it doesnt make ans sence :\ :???

as for the windows 7 you dont need more than 2 gb of ram for normal working experience..

Nemesis296
4th Mar 2010, 17:04
hm...the temperature on my Video card doesnt exceed over 50°C witch is more than relaible for that graphic card...as for the rest of the components...cpu is about 60°C ...hm eidos just got too lazy for optimising the game because..its a good graphic but is its not that good to overkill my components..so I really dont know what to say..but why do I get the same crash even if I put my game in low or medium details..?
And I read that people with a lot faster and better computers than my computer have the same problem.I really think the problem is in the game itself...I played alien vs predator 3 on max and the game works perfect...assassins creed on max..perfect...really some games that require qood solid computers...but Batman as the game as it is...really it doesnt make ans sence :\ :???

as for the windows 7 you dont need more than 2 gb of ram for normal working experience..

Maybe it's your audio card then? I know there were some known issues with Realtek Audio cards, but you'll have to search for forums for how people managed to solve them. I have never had a Realtek card. Creative X-Fi is where I roam :)

chosenCRO
4th Mar 2010, 18:48
hm...stupid game...dont wanna play it anymore...f*** this game..what a waste od money :\