PDA

View Full Version : ALL MAPS Map ideas.

Shartukor
9th Mar 2014, 17:24
1 : Maze map
The name tells what this map going to be, I ain't no level designer.

2 : The vampire cave/hideout
Humans have decided to eradicate the evil at his source!

3 : Turel's clan, sun-eradicating smokestack | Idea by : Ygdrasel
Turel's clan territory has a massive sun-eradicating smokestack, that's kinda like a volcano...We should get that map.

4 : Beach village
Small bamboo village of fishers near the beach.

5 : The temple
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkmBqvsL4_mBRFYEtPLfNNXn3eXtesyq8NNMhApGkeWkKcnO1G

Also, the current maps are really awesomes. The skyboxs are one of the bests I ever saw in my gaming life.

Korevas
11th Mar 2014, 22:09
None of them bear any connection to the LoK franchise whatsoever, they don't match the tone very well, and AFAIK, there are no Aztecs to be found in Nosgoth...

I don't think we should have to settle for rather generic settings anyway, when there is such a rich lore to background to connect with. From the top of my head, iconic stuff like the Silenced Cathedral, anything involving the pillars or even the Chronoplast would be a possibility.

Shartukor
11th Mar 2014, 23:55
None of them bear any connection to the LoK franchise whatsoever, they don't match the tone very well, and AFAIK, there are no Aztecs to be found in Nosgoth...

I don't think we should have to settle for rather generic settings anyway, when there is such a rich lore to background to connect with. From the top of my head, iconic stuff like the Silenced Cathedral, anything involving the pillars or even the Chronoplast would be a possibility.
Bro, you were right about the Aztech, but I heard that on an official gameplay trailer, that this "game was set in an Aztech like world", so sorry for that random comment, I removed one of my ideas and changed another.
But, I don't think that, a lot of the community as ever played any of the games, read any books or anything else that is related to Nosgoth history. So unfortunately for you and the few chosen one who know things others don't, I don't think that the company will put so much effort in making story related maps, or anything else. It's not really a story based game. But if I am wrong I am happy for you, please don't act as if you were superior to me if you plan to reply. :p

Ygdrasel
12th Mar 2014, 07:52
I don't think that the company will put so much effort in making story related maps, or anything else. It's not really a story based game.

They dragged the art guy from the series out of a decade-long LoK-hiatus to consult on lore-and-story-based skins and went out of their way to create a solid backstory for each class and the overall conflict. I think it's safe to say that despite the genre not really being story-based here, they'd gladly put some effort into lore-relevant maps if the fans clamored enough for it.

As for your ideas...Ehhh. "The volcano", "Maze map", "Beach village"...You couldn't get more generic or lazy if you were paid to do so. XD

Turel's clan territory has a massive sun-eradicating smokestack, that's kinda like a volcano...We should get that map instead.

A maze, in general, is a terrible idea for any map ever. Nobody likes mazes.

Shartukor
12th Mar 2014, 23:52
They dragged the art guy from the series out of a decade-long LoK-hiatus to consult on lore-and-story-based skins and went out of their way to create a solid backstory for each class and the overall conflict. I think it's safe to say that despite the genre not really being story-based here, they'd gladly put some effort into lore-relevant maps if the fans clamored enough for it.

As for your ideas...Ehhh. "The volcano", "Maze map", "Beach village"...You couldn't get more generic or lazy if you were paid to do so. XD

Turel's clan territory has a massive sun-eradicating smokestack, that's kinda like a volcano...We should get that map instead.

A maze, in general, is a terrible idea for any map ever. Nobody likes mazes.

But if I am wrong I am happy for you, please don't act as if you were superior to me if you plan to reply.
Good for you :)
Also, I like mazes, so until you know what I like more than me you should edit your comment :D

Ygdrasel
13th Mar 2014, 03:44
Good for you :)
Also, I like mazes, so until you know what I like more than me you should edit your comment :D

Yeah, I'm not gonna do that but you're free to continue being weirdly passive-aggressive and demanding about a comment that wasn't even meant to be taken literally. :rolleyes:

(Ironically enough, that attitude goes quite a ways toward making you seem inferior to other people...So...Yeah.)

cmstache
13th Mar 2014, 12:29
A maze would be awesome.

lucinvampire
13th Mar 2014, 12:38
A maze would be awesome.

Nope…nope…it would be amazing :p

4 : Beach village.

…but only if Tyrant can wear a bikini :lol:

3 : Turel's clan, sun-eradicating smokestack | Idea by : Ygdrasel

This - this - would truly be EPIC!!! :D

cmstache
13th Mar 2014, 12:40
Why would a Tyrant wear a bikini, don't they frequently go streaking across maps anyways?

lucinvampire
13th Mar 2014, 13:14
Why would a Tyrant wear a bikini, don't they frequently go streaking across maps anyways?

Not so much recently...but I'd happily take the option of streaking Tyrant - just to freak out other gamers :lol:

Tube_Reaver
16th Mar 2014, 18:50
Not so much recently...but I'd happily take the option of streaking Tyrant - just to freak out other gamers :lol:

Tryant in a bikini and/or streaking tyrant is the only kind of tyrant to fear

MasterShuriko
16th Mar 2014, 19:41
Tryant in a bikini and/or streaking tyrant is the only kind of tyrant to fear

We can call it a Vampkini!

Sykestus
16th Mar 2014, 22:46
It would be nice to see a Temple/Maze combination. Open and free on the outside, tight and restricted on the inside.

Turel2
13th Apr 2014, 21:36
Turelim clan lands is a great idea.

NickTsiou
18th Apr 2014, 22:25
But, I don't think that, a lot of the community as ever played any of the games, read any books or anything else that is related to Nosgoth history. So unfortunately for you and the few chosen one who know things others don't, I don't think that the company will put so much effort in making story related maps, or anything else.

So why not start by playing one of those games (preferably SR1 as I don't think you will be able to play BO1 due to system requirements)? why not learn why and where you are killing those you are killing? Nosgoth may be perhaps the richest universe in the game industry regarding history so instead of just proposing random stuff see what Nosgoth has already to offer.

No offense I do not mean to be hostile or something but it is a really easy, fun and entertaining thing to do.