PDA

View Full Version : Batman AA BSOD

raacut
2nd Mar 2010, 14:41
Bought the game on the windows games on demand sale a few days ago. The game is crashing alot. Infact i havent once exited the game myself, each time the games has crashed and i get graced with a BSOD. No other game has this issue. I have played ME 2 everything high. Bioshock 2 as well. I have a decent rig.

I run windows 7 64 bit.

Again this is the only game i have this problem with.

on my last BSOD i managed to get the name of the file in question . dxgmms1.sys.

I have an ati card . 4870 dark knight edition.

Its a great game except for the frequent crashes.

Any help will be much appreciated.

PS: my room mate bought the game also. His doesnt crash. He also has windows 7 64 bit. He does however have an nvidia 9800 gtx. He also plays on his offline profile from GFWL.

Nemesis296
2nd Mar 2010, 14:50
Not sure what to tell you, the BSOD doesn't happen with Windows 7...

raacut
2nd Mar 2010, 14:55
well for starters how about some hope ?
how about 'its going to be okay' ?

:)

LIGHTS
2nd Mar 2010, 21:20
It's going to be okay..

because you have an awesome roommate who can share with you! just play on different slots. :) lolz, sorry if that doesn't help in any way whatsoever..

but if you play on an online account, switch to offline. and I do suggest a Nvidia card because I think that's recommended for this game, and ATi's aren't really supported.

raacut
2nd Mar 2010, 22:36
ran the game in windows xp compatibility mode. seem to have evolved from BSOD to crash to desktop.

raacut
3rd Mar 2010, 11:34
Im afraid my pc isnt that good after all. I ran the game in medium settings and no problems.I thought my 4870 could handle it ........

LIGHTS
3rd Mar 2010, 20:57
yeah.. that's why I suggested Nvidia. but hey, you can play the game now. :)