PDA

View Full Version : Please help! I beg of you!

HHDnBKing!
1st Mar 2010, 18:18
I'm posting this in here because it's where all the knowledgeable PC Users are.

Right 26th Feb 08.00 am PC running fine and shuts down fine. I return from college 3.30pm turn on PC fine but it wont output/connect (if you say) with monitor therefore monitor remains in Standby mode. I turn off PC disconnect then reconnect all exterior cables, turn on again and still same problem. Switch monitor and cable connecting monitor to PC, still same problem. I then remove case, pull out graphics card then reinsert it, chech everything all cables etc turn PC no change.. :mad2: :( :scratch: :hmm: :confused: :mad:

Please may someone advise me what to do, thanks :)

chip5541
1st Mar 2010, 18:20
Your monitor may be shot. Do you have access to a second one, even just for a little while to test?

HHDnBKing!
1st Mar 2010, 18:26
Your monitor may be shot. Do you have access to a second one, even just for a little while to test?

Yeh I've already tried different monitor & cables. I'm really confused as to why it randomly happened. :( Writing on PS3 takes much longer lol.

chickenchief
1st Mar 2010, 18:42
It is either something wrong with your monitor or your video card might be fried. Either way it sucks ass :/

HHDnBKing!
1st Mar 2010, 18:46
It is either something wrong with your monitor or your video card might be fried. Either way it sucks ass :/

Video Card would be the one sucking ass at the moment out of them 2 lol, how much to replace if it was the case? Cheers

chickenchief
1st Mar 2010, 18:55
Replacing a video card can leave quite a dent in your wallet. A new video card can costs anything from 200-600 dollars.

If you have a warranty on the video card (or the monitor for that matter) you could try to call them and ask for a replacement.

HHDnBKing!
1st Mar 2010, 19:29
Replacing a video card can leave quite a dent in your wallet. A new video card can costs anything from 200-600 dollars.

If you have a warranty on the video card (or the monitor for that matter) you could try to call them and ask for a replacement.

Holy ****! I sure hope that ent the problem lol but I just dont get what caused it to **** up in the 1st place... Thanks so far people!

chickenchief
1st Mar 2010, 19:33
Yeah, just make sure you are 100% sure about what the problem is before you burn away your money. I did that once in the past and i was poor for a whole month.

BuxGunny
2nd Mar 2010, 18:30
Sad to hear this though.. i already seen you write it in other threads xD

I dont realy know much about this since i have my own thread about what to upgrade but ill try to help ok ;)?

1: Maybe your airflow in your pc is very bad wich leads to high temp and causes your card to have not enough cooling wich leads to this??

2: Maybe that the cable that plugs into your screen is just a very tiny little bit loose and has to be pushed a little bit so make good contact with the screen... Now this sounds dumb but my dad and my sister had this problem to and at school they have this problem to if you move the screen and then cable doesnt move with it it goes just a little bit loose and will disconnect already and will not show anything... if you push the cable just a little bit it will connect again.. and if it disconnects again when you leave it then put somthing on the cable that will hold it in place;)

3: Maybe the cable that connects your screen with your pc about showing the games and stuff is damaged.. i mean a cable with those pins in the end wich plug into your pc.... .. maybe one of the pins is broken or not pointing the right way... if this is the case try to gently push in the right place and plug it back into your pc (carefully!)

3.5: Or the spot where you plug in your cable into your pc with those kinda pins and maybe one of those pins is damaged or mis placed after removing the cable many times and putting it back in many times... try to keep it in place or let it get fixed by sombody who knows what how to fix it;)
Start the whole system up to see any diffrence :scratch:

This is all i can think of right now... i will edit this post if i find any other possible/do-able solutions;)

Just some ideas ok :)
Wurth a try before going to a repair shop or somthing like that ;)
Feedback please ;)

CloudWolf
2nd Mar 2010, 18:31
sounds as though its definatly you graphics, go to your local pc shop, they will have parts and stages to sort out the problem, did you leave it turned on for a long time????

to be honest there are loads of different reasons this could happen, virus, bad airflow like buxgunny said (overheating causes automatic shutdown) and many others

how old is your pc????

compatible
2nd Mar 2010, 19:52
Anyway lets help you out insted of guessing ,

1. first pc specs please. (everything in the computer also what lead from g card to monitor , also what monitor. :scratch:

2. when you turn your pc on can you here the pc booting up ( hard drive spinning fans spinning ) ? :scratch:

3. also what other lead did you try ? (vga ? dvi ? hdmi ? ) :scratch:

4. need to know what driver versions you have tried ? (not sure if you have ATI card or Nvida )

Eidos Support
3rd Mar 2010, 08:45
I would say, power up your PC with the side off the case and see if the graphics card fan is turning or not. Make sure that if your graphics card needs an extra power connector to make sure it's plugged in. Try unplugging everything inside your PC, memory, graphics, pci cards, data and power cables then replug it all a bit at a time starting with the bare essentials of motherboard, graphics card and memory. leave everything else out of the equation to begin with. If this works, start adding back untill you see what breaks it.

My hunch is it is the graphics card that has gone, try replacing with another card or see if your motherboard has an onboard graphics chispet and plug your monitor in here before booting. Most onboard VGA only kicks in if there is something plugged in to it's display adapter before power on.

HHDnBKing!
3rd Mar 2010, 21:31
Apologies for not replying to you peeps, was getting it looked at by me brother and turns out the graphics card is ****ed, but it has ****ed up for no reason I'm really confused. Cable connected to motherboard for time being and be getting new 1 this weekend.

Thanks for your time and effort! :) :thumbsup:

BuxGunny
4th Mar 2010, 18:00
No problem :D
Trying to help out forum members is always good (if legal where they need help with:lol:)

dayd41
4th Mar 2010, 18:04
Yea I was going to say.. Ive had this happen so much.

Its the cause of a sudden power surge throughout the video card which if the video card doesnt have a stable protector it will get ****ed up lol.

This has happened to me like 6 times, the 6th being a GTX card, and I was seriously pissed.. (it was $349)

BuxGunny
6th Mar 2010, 18:22
Now that sucks if your card is screwd up and it costs $349 :(

BLaZiNgSPEED
6th Mar 2010, 18:28
You may have damaged it with the overclocking of your computer.
Becareful when overclocking your CPU or any other hardware components such as your graphics card.
Also be sure to try another monitor to see if you have the same problem. Remove the graphics card and try your onboard or another graphics card and see if you experience the same problem.