PDA

View Full Version : Soo..news, where do you go?

petersjov
1st Mar 2010, 13:57
Hi!

Soo on the subject of no news, and just to talk about something to pass time.. :)

Where do you go to read about news from K&L2 , and where are you going to read a good review, or where do you think there would be a good review !!

I will go first:

News on games: xbox.joystiq.com , teamxbox, play.tm, ohh and i like ign, and just any site that writeswith a bit of IQ :)

Ohh like review on joystiq...just because they dont give a score, but just review the games ;-)

Now, where do you go ? :hmm:

Dr Klowneus
1st Mar 2010, 14:16
For Kane and Lynch 2 News i come here, usually someone here finds all the latest before i do anyway

But for the latest general game info I usually rely on Kotaku

I don't need reviews for this game as im going to buy it anyway. I'd rather play the game and critique it on my own basis without some snooty game reveiwer I.e. Gerstmann telling me what to think

Acid_Burn
1st Mar 2010, 15:50
I ask Keir or Nick :D And then i post 'em to www.deadmen.ru
Btw, big changes are coming to deadmen.ru in a week or two. ;)

Kent-45
1st Mar 2010, 16:04
I ask Keir or Nick :D And then i post 'em to www.deadmen.ru
Btw, big changes are coming to deadmen.ru in a week or two. ;)

Forgive me if I remain skeptical, Acid Burn, but your credibility is... shall we say... less than impeccable around here.

or am I mistaken and the Kane & Lynch 2 site actually did get upgraded at the end of January like you said?

dark_angel_7
1st Mar 2010, 16:12
Forgive me if I remain skeptical, Acid Burn, but your credibility is... shall we say... less than impeccable around here.

or am I mistaken and the Kane & Lynch 2 site actually did get upgraded at the end of January like you said?

Less than impeccable? And whats with the sarcasm? :rolleyes:

Yes he said the site would be ready to go in January but thats was what he was told by Nick. Obviously delays, and technical problems get in the way of things. Its just a site after all and at this point its probably nearing completion and when it is done its unlikely to be packed with amazing new pieces of informations and videos straight away so I'm not too fussed. Theres a marketing plan in place and the site might be a part of that. Things take time and have to be done in an order at the right times or things can go haywire.

I have seen Acid Burn's posts on Hitman, Mini Ninjas and Kane & Lynch forums. He gets his information direct form IOI. He's no liar/attention-whore/etc. or anything like that and I certainly trust him with news and information. :)

As for the original question, I usually get my news and reviews from 'Eurogamer' and 'Rock, Paper, ShotGun'. That inclues IOI/Eidos related stuff.

BeardedHoplite
1st Mar 2010, 17:59
I a GamesRadar type of guy. It's got some funny articles and the news isn't mostly re-hash. It's very snarky and sarcastic, so that's 'prolly why I chech it every day it

Nick@IO
1st Mar 2010, 20:43
Less than impeccable? And whats with the sarcasm? :rolleyes:

Yes he said the site would be ready to go in January but thats was what he was told by Nick. Obviously delays, and technical problems get in the way of things. Its just a site after all and at this point its probably nearing completion and when it is done its unlikely to be packed with amazing new pieces of informations and videos straight away so I'm not too fussed. Theres a marketing plan in place and the site might be a part of that. Things take time and have to be done in an order at the right times or things can go haywire.

I have seen Acid Burn's posts on Hitman, Mini Ninjas and Kane & Lynch forums. He gets his information direct form IOI. He's no liar/attention-whore/etc. or anything like that and I certainly trust him with news and information. :)

As for the original question, I usually get my news and reviews from 'Eurogamer' and 'Rock, Paper, ShotGun'. That inclues IOI/Eidos related stuff.

Yeah, I may have told him that by mistake. However, deadmen.ru is Acid's own site and as such, I tend to believe him when he tells me stuff about that site. It's only me you shouldn't trust. Acid's a trusted moderator and one of my go-to-guys so he's often privy to info a little before everyone else.

No, wait. Trust me as well. Stuff is coming real soon - including the website. Promise. I'd love to give a date but can't confirm juuust yet.

Falkenwut
1st Mar 2010, 22:52
Yeah, I may have told him that by mistake. However, deadmen.ru is Acid's own site and as such, I tend to believe him when he tells me stuff about that site. It's only me you shouldn't trust. Acid's a trusted moderator and one of my go-to-guys so he's often privy to info a little before everyone else.

No, wait. Trust me as well. Stuff is coming real soon - including the website. Promise. I'd love to give a date but can't confirm juuust yet.

We're on the edge of our seats here hehe :nut:

Unfortunately this forum is running quiet or circulating old information... so... new info would pump up this forum and talk about the game...

In my case (and most of the people on the forum) we're extremely eager for some gaming footage.... we get to see a clearer picture of what to expect.

Keeping up enthusiasm is hard without information u know :P

One of Seven
3rd Mar 2010, 06:07
*Rips off shirt* KANE AND LYNCH!!!!!!! I saw cases of it in the coming soon section at my Gamestop, not sure if it was the real boxart but it had the picture of Lynch with a shotgun pointing towards you, and Kane in the background on his cell. On top of that the debut trailer has made it's way to the game marketplace, I think a gameplay vid or something really is coming soon.

Acid_Burn
3rd Mar 2010, 09:41
not sure if it was the real boxart but it had the picture of Lynch with a shotgun pointing towards you, and Kane in the background on his cell.
Nah. Cover looks better :)
It's just a placeholder.