PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Getting off Steam

Abacrius
9th Mar 2014, 14:24
Once you guys go live, I highly suggest leaving Steam and operating under an independent client, like League of Legends. I did some snooping and a number of the issues people are having with getting into the game (or even syncing up with the client server) come back to Steam's netcode.

Yeah, you would need to work harder to spread the word, but you wouldn't have Steam's immense hatred of certain routers/modems limiting your player base.

RainaAudron
9th Mar 2014, 15:08
Doesn´t Steam have like.. 60 million users? By going through Steam it is much more easier to download and play, not to mention the game gets easier exposed on there too. I think Steam was an excellent choice, since I prefer all my pc games being on there. I don´t like third party server hosts tbh (like Gamespy for Borderlands).

DX2014
9th Mar 2014, 15:36
You are both correct in my opinion. Though steam is definitely a good platform for launch. There are players that exist that prefer to launch games independently of steam. There is no reason that after going live, a secondary option ie: "Nosgoth Launcher" should be ignored.
Star Trek Online among others is available with or without steam connectivity. It's definitely something Square Enix should consider later on down the line.

WhiteFlameKyo
9th Mar 2014, 15:44
Star Trek Online among others is available with or without steam connectivity. It's definitely something Square Enix should consider later on down the line.

And so is Final Fantasy XIV. Seeing how it's a Square Enix game just like Nosgoth, I think we can hope for a non-Steam version.