PDA

View Full Version : A render distance feature?

CloudWolf
26th Feb 2010, 20:01
hey

i was just wondering if there would be a slider on the pc version that allowed you to set the distance that bodies, vehicals and destroyed objects stayed, obviously on the console versions this will be fixed for frame rate issues but pc has all the xtra power :rasp:

anyone know the answer? :nut:

Tarnith
28th Feb 2010, 01:48
Should be fairly simple assuming they coded their engine like tf2 with a simple variable for prop/model render distance. What I would really like to see is a slider for grass, models, characters, buildings. So you can customize as much as needed (assuming it runs slowly on my system) while maintaining information. At the very least an option to crank it way higher than consoles would be wonderful, allowing this game to age well (JC1 suffers from pop in on PC, due to a lack of such a slider)

CloudWolf
28th Feb 2010, 09:16
i agree dude, this feature is basically essential nowaday's, and they said the pc version is not a port, sooooo they should have it :D

would be nice to get some official comformation?

CloudWolf
28th Feb 2010, 09:17
oh and nice rig :D

Tarnith
28th Feb 2010, 21:32
oh and nice rig :D

Thanks, it could use some faster ram and a newer video card. Just ordered a copy of windows 7 for it though; I'll finally be able to use the DX10 features of my card.

CloudWolf
2nd Mar 2010, 18:22
:Dnice windows 7 is sooo much better than vista and xp