PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Another Newb feedback

YourWaywardDestiny
9th Mar 2014, 09:17
This is my initial reaction to the game:

Fun; I can't wait till there are more players.

For the first three rounds, I was running around like a chicken with my head chopped off, but when you can make running into walls and crawling around like an idiot fun, serious props, guys. (I mean it, making the Reavers growl was not only an effective way to cub their OPness, but it was amusing as all hell to just derp around crawling and growling even if I didn't know what I was doing. Not to mention it was adorable.)

HOWEVER, I did find myself wanting to better protect a teammate while feeding with the vampires. Maybe it's just my noobness speaking or the round of people I was with, but I really liked the air of cooperation that are (in a lot of my experiences, anyway) often times lacking in this kind of game. I found myself wanting to help my teammates more often then wanting to avoid chaos like it usually deteriorates into. Now, I'm not suggesting you add a whole new feature into the game so I can lord over my feeding comrades, and I'm not saying it isn't usually rather easy to tell what teammate is going what by their outline-glowy-thing or whatever it is through the walls, but I was having a bit of a hard time with the Tyrants because of how hulking they are already. (I mean, feeding? Hulk-smashing? What's the difference at first glance, really...) Perhaps a sharper (or more detailed) definition of their glowy-aura-type-deal?

On the human side of the deal, I have a little more to complain, setting aside how little I (or my team, rather) actually win in a human match. As much as over-all vampires are very powerful and win quite often, I think being a human is more fun over-all, but more flawed. I fell like a foot and took damage, and I find that a little strange. It's not unreasonable to take a little damage from a fall from your own height, but usually we get over it. Maybe making some fall damage recoverable would help that not seem too absurd. Another thing is, I feel like it's a bit unfair to make the human's sprinting ability so lackluster if you compare the usefulness of the Vampire's climbing ability. The sprint could be more useful in avoiding foes when injured in combat, and the Vampire's climb ability is more useful for scouting prey and the upper hand. It doesn't have to be a lot more useful, but perhaps maybe a short burst that gets you out of immediate power-attack range before it just goes back to it's current speed, or something like that.

On a purely bug-finder point of view, from time to time, if you close the stat screen (after you've been offed) and just watch the kill cam, the bodies left behind will twitch and jerk around. I don't know if that happens just for me because I'm special like that, but it was happening.

All in all, what I really took away from the experience is that it was fun and the Reavers crawling around and growling is adorable, and I'm not ashamed to say it. I just wish humans were a little more useful and I could help out my vampire brethren a little easier.