PDA

View Full Version : PC Movements

DMK95921
26th Feb 2010, 07:59
It is a tough decision to get Just Cause 2 on PC or Xbox 360. PC would be better graphics and probably an improved engine, but that's not my question is. I am wondering if there is a fast/slow movement button for the PC. Because controllers have joysticks, you can slightly move it for a slow movement, but there is no variable in speed with a press of a button. So I am wondering whether I should buy a wireless receiver for my Xbox 360 so i can use my controller while playing the game on PC (mycoldman said he does it in an interview on panauisland.com). I don't really want to spend $35 on a wireless controller receiver for my PC, but it is a feature I would really like. You are probably not mycoldman, so you probably don't know, but IF you happen to be mycoldman or know anything about this or have any other suggestions, please reply.

Kha0swolf
26th Feb 2010, 09:24
It is a tough decision to get Just Cause 2 on PC or Xbox 360. PC would be better graphics and probably an improved engine, but that's not my question is. I am wondering if there is a fast/slow movement button for the PC. Because controllers have joysticks, you can slightly move it for a slow movement, but there is no variable in speed with a press of a button. So I am wondering whether I should buy a wireless receiver for my Xbox 360 so i can use my controller while playing the game on PC (mycoldman said he does it in an interview on panauisland.com). I don't really want to spend $35 on a wireless controller receiver for my PC, but it is a feature I would really like. You are probably not mycoldman, so you probably don't know, but IF you happen to be mycoldman or know anything about this or have any other suggestions, please reply.

The PC game will be compatable with a 360 controller.

BLaZiNgSPEED
28th Feb 2010, 03:08
Yes, read the FAQ http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=101759
Is the Xbox360 controller supported?

Yes.
So yeah you have both options, use the keyboard and mouse or the 360 controller. That's the advantage of PC gaming you can swap to whatever peripheral suits you best!:rasp:

CloudWolf
28th Feb 2010, 09:21
im going to use the 360 controller, i think these sort of games and racing games need to be played with a controller :)

Maxx_Fire
28th Feb 2010, 16:35
Xbox 360 pad is used with so many PC games these days it can be justified to spend the money on the receiver however you should also concider a wired 360 pad which is close to the same price and means you don't have to reconnect the wireless controller everytime you swap between 360 and PC.

I use the 360 pad on my PC for games like this, GTA/SR2 etc simply because there is driving involved and you can regulate your speed better than with a keyboard. Tapping accelerate key rapidly to try and maintain the same speed really gets on my man-tats! xP