PDA

View Full Version : new physics engine in kane and lynch?

brownwolf007
21st Feb 2010, 21:30
I was looking through the facebook page of Kane and Lynch 2, and I noticed that one of the favorite sites on the K & L page was Rockstar games, it could be nothing or it could be that Kane and Lynch 2 could have the Rage engine...

YoungZer0
21st Feb 2010, 22:26
I was looking through the facebook page of Kane and Lynch 2, and I noticed that one of the favorite sites on the K & L page was Rockstar games, it could be nothing or it could be that Kane and Lynch 2 could have the Rage engine...

It is nothing. So far IoI has been using their Glacier Engine for all of their games. And K&L2 has the smell and look of Glacier.

Edit: Ups. Had to reread the thread title again. The Rage Engine is not a Physics Engine. The Physics Engine used in GTA IV, Star Wars: TFU and the upcoming Red Dead Redemption is called Euphoria. IoI usually uses the Havok Engine.

Acid_Burn
21st Feb 2010, 22:28
They're just friends :)

Vulture
21st Feb 2010, 22:34
glacier was the graphic engine.
physics engine was havok and i believe that it will be the same

Kent-45
22nd Feb 2010, 06:47
Lane and Lynch 1 and hitman blood money all used a modified version of havoc physics I think

Falkenwut
22nd Feb 2010, 11:02
They mentioned they worked on the glacier engine from scratch... It doesn't look it but I'm hoping so there will be some clear changes once some gameplay footage comes out

YoungZer0
22nd Feb 2010, 12:07
Lane and Lynch 1 and hitman blood money all used a modified version of havoc physics I think

"Lane and Lynch" ... :lol: Sorry, i know this is just a mistake but it is funny. :D

BeardedHoplite
23rd Feb 2010, 01:35
Speaking of physics you wouldn't mind answering my question about the Glacier engine...

Freddo
18th Mar 2010, 14:22
IoI usually uses the Havok Engine.
No, they don't.

They created the whole Glacier engine from scratch by themselves, including the physics. So they have their own physics system. The ragdoll physics in the first Hitman were quite revolutionary, years before Havok became popular.

Wouldn't surprise me if IOI started to use Havok, though. Havok is now better than the Glacier engine, unless IOI done some serious overhaul of the physics system.

glacier was the graphic engine.
Glacier is far more than just a "graphic engine". It include functions for AI, physics, sounds, scripting, debug routines and more. It's the whole package.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Mar 2010, 17:21
"Lane and Lynch" ... :lol: Sorry, i know this is just a mistake but it is funny. :D

Epic ! ...