PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Balancing problems - move it to any thread you want.

PetriFemboy
8th Mar 2014, 20:32
Scount's bow - remove close up when charging, it's not like in real life the bowman get's super sight. Just leave the shrinking hud because it's disturbing and by the cost of actually being less accurate, it doesn't blow anyone's head up.
Long charge is a penalty enough, most underpowered weapon in the game, not only the chance of getting a full charged shot is low but also the reward is meaningless. Increase the duration of stun at least by twice. I was shot down by scouts like only two times and even under heavy attack, i was able to simply walk away without even losing half of my health.

Sentinel's hold - remove the property of being able to spin circles on the ground to catch someone because it's unavoidable unless humans have an edge behind which they can hide from it. Also, give make it cost less damage to force a sentinel to drop a person because the hold is over powered. As a Sentinel it's ridiculous how easily getting kills can be.

Add collision detection to charged attacks - Charged attacks don't inflict damage when the enemy isn't exactly at the end of the charged attack. As Vampire you simply slide past them.

Add ground stomp damage from landing - giving a 0.7 s stun would be great when dropping with a Tyrant between enemies, beside the abuse of abilities.

Remove damage taken from abilities without splash damage - why is it possible that you can drop as a Scout your support abilities and take damage from them, while team mates don't. That class needs to hide some where or be constantly on the run since he has no way of defending himself beside knives.

Add stun and charge disrupt to melee attacks - You have to melee Reavers to a point where they lose enough health to be knocked away, changed it so melee is actually useful. At this point melee does nothing to vampires, and in one on one fight, without bullets, melee doesn't even give you the edge to avoid instant death in even the best scenario.

Add smoke and flash cleanse - Reaver's smoke blinds you soo effectively it's almost impossible to understand why doesn't Alchemist flar work as good. Add the ability to cleanse the smoke from your eyes when rolling three times, and not after the timer runs out. Same goes to removing flash the less you move as vampire. That way both fractions are unable to attack if they want to see sooner.

gzvirax
8th Mar 2014, 20:36
I vote the poll potion for "Most of these issues don't need changing." Oh wait, where is it?

The only point I agree with is the last one; Reaver smoke-bomb definitely feels overpowered at the moment.

Boreaquis
9th Mar 2014, 23:23
I think that pretty much everything you mention is a non-issue. The one thing I'll definitely agree with is the duration of the sentinel grab, which is silly long at the moment.

Reaver smoke definitely isn't overpowered. There is plenty of time to move out of it. Choking Haze is a lot scarier imo.

Stun/disrupt on melee for humans would be ridiculous, as I feel that humans are very strong with coordinated teams already.

Friendly fire on your own abilities is a bit silly, but seems fine from a balancing standpoint. Like I mentioned, we really don't need humans to be stronger in close quarters.

RainaAudron
9th Mar 2014, 23:28
Like I mentioned, we really don't need humans to be stronger in close quarters.

Well, your own cast abilities/projectiles hurt you already so that´s good. Having FF off is better in this kind of game I think.

Boreaquis
9th Mar 2014, 23:31
Well, your own cast abilities/projectiles hurt you so can´t really use them like that already.

You can try to keep the turret/arrows/fire between you and the vampire, that's what I usually go for. Even if you do get hit by it, you (as far as I can tell) take less damage than the enemy.

Razaiim
10th Mar 2014, 18:42
I agree with none of what you posted here OP. The zoom on scouts is only problematic if your are completely against a wall, and is not worth adjusting. Scout longbows do significant damage with the exception of the swiftbow, which fires faster, and the warbow, which does additional damage from the fall, and can still eclipse the damage on other bows given the right conditions. The only bow that needs adjusting is the stormbow, by changing the split between explosive/arrow damage.

Sentinel hold: This is being worked on, but it is difficult because the grab time allows for sneaky grabs from behind cover, which really shows off the skill ceiling, but the coasting on the ground is kinda stupid. The damage cap for sentinels has already been lowered (190 right now), and is fine as it is.

AoE skills do waaaaaaay less damage to yourself than they do to enemies. It's to encourage not just camping in your AoE skills and being untouchable. Fine as is.

Charged melee attacks do hit without going to maximum range, what you experienced was a minor side effect of the server-side hit detection.

The Tyrants jump attack (I'm guessing this is what you are talking about) already deals hefty damage and a minor stun to humans when he lands. its fine as is.

The human melee should be used when you are stuck reloading, to squeeze in the last couple hits you need to finish him off, (I got tired of vampires killing me and getting away with 100ish hp, because I needed to reload)

Korevas
10th Mar 2014, 23:00
Scount's bow - remove close up when charging, it's not like in real life the bowman get's super sight. Just leave the shrinking hud because it's disturbing and by the cost of actually being less accurate, it doesn't blow anyone's head up.
Long charge is a penalty enough, most underpowered weapon in the game, not only the chance of getting a full charged shot is low but also the reward is meaningless. Increase the duration of stun at least by twice. I was shot down by scouts like only two times and even under heavy attack, i was able to simply walk away without even losing half of my health.

Scout bows are very powerful, but require much better aim to be useful. You probably haven't played against people who are really good with them yet. The "shrinking" is an intentional downside to make it a tradeoff between situational awareness and their long range power.

Sentinel's hold - remove the property of being able to spin circles on the ground to catch someone because it's unavoidable unless humans have an edge behind which they can hide from it. Also, give make it cost less damage to force a sentinel to drop a person because the hold is over powered. As a Sentinel it's ridiculous how easily getting kills can be.

I agree that the "swooping" part is bad right now, but that's already being looked at. Other then that sents generally are ok. I am in fact worried that their telegraphed moves might make them a bit weak in comparison.

Add collision detection to charged attacks - Charged attacks don't inflict damage when the enemy isn't exactly at the end of the charged attack. As Vampire you simply slide past them.

Add ground stomp damage from landing - giving a 0.7 s stun would be great when dropping with a Tyrant between enemies, beside the abuse of abilities.

That's what Tyrant's Jump is for. I don't think we need any more chain cc.

Remove damage taken from abilities without splash damage - why is it possible that you can drop as a Scout your support abilities and take damage from them, while team mates don't. That class needs to hide some where or be constantly on the run since he has no way of defending himself beside knives.

If this were the case, humans would be very heavily enticed to fight inside their stationary aoes. All stationary aoes work like that, if this were not the case, beating vamps 1v1 would be far too easy, which is supposed to be their downside.

Add stun and charge disrupt to melee attacks - You have to melee Reavers to a point where they lose enough health to be knocked away, changed it so melee is actually useful. At this point melee does nothing to vampires, and in one on one fight, without bullets, melee doesn't even give you the edge to avoid instant death in even the best scenario.

Stun/disrupt without cd? No thanks.

Add smoke and flash cleanse - Reaver's smoke blinds you soo effectively it's almost impossible to understand why doesn't Alchemist flar work as good. Add the ability to cleanse the smoke from your eyes when rolling three times, and not after the timer runs out. Same goes to removing flash the less you move as vampire. That way both fractions are unable to attack if they want to see sooner.

You are not supposed to stand in or run through the smoke, it's an area denial skill. If you only graze it, you can see fairly well still, especially since floating hit numbers and ui elements are not affected. Make it any less powerful and it would just be outclassed by choking haze even more.

replies in red.

PetriFemboy
21st Mar 2014, 02:03
I love the game theme and how there are different classes but the game favorites on vampires soo freaking much that i consider all of the humans not really hunters but pretty much some newbie wannabe vampire hunters. The only reason humans can win if team of vampires are not working attacking together and hide around. That is the ONLY known way to win as a team of humans. All of vampire abilities make them best at long range attack, best at aoe attack and direct attack, best at disabling and best at blinding enemies aside to pushing them apart. None of Human abilities beside chains grant anything. Humans can't shut down a flying sentinel nor save someone from their hold, they can't defend them self against smoke nor blind an enemy with flash for equally balanced duration. This game is broke as hell. Main abilities of vampires can be different but main weapons of humans differentiate between each other in such little way that picking a loadout is pointless. Invisibility grants nothing as enemy can always see you anyway. Hook that let's you climb walls doesn't let you climb walls in reality but grant the ability to get up to 6 points on the map, and that's all. Wall of fire doesn't burn anyone, it simply itches for a second and there, it's gone. None of the human abilities give them the edge to win. The only way to lose a vampire that constantly taps MB1 to kill you is if they decide to go the wrong way, while charged attacks don't even exist in this game, no one uses them since they are ****. Either this game will REALLY get some balancing or it will fail hard, even now it's hard to find a game since people are either fascinated at how good they are with one class, or they are disgusted how there is no feeling of fair play among all the classes and teams. It's not like one classes counters another, it's one and only class that counters them all, the class is called Vampires.

PencileyePirate
21st Mar 2014, 04:43
@Petri - I disagree with everything you've said, and you're so far off base with this, I wonder if you've even played the game. Many of the things you claim are simply not true.

Keep practicing, I'm sure you'll get better.

MarinePikachu
21st Mar 2014, 05:39
@Petri - I disagree with everything you've said, and you're so far off base with this, I wonder if you've even played the game. Many of the things you claim are simply not true.

Keep practicing, I'm sure you'll get better.

Exactly my thoughts; I was wondering if the guy even played. Even before march 13 patch, humans at high level play are winning quite a bit. Now, vamps are ripped apart. This thread needs to get closed the OP revived this pointless thread :(.

Venomizer
22nd Mar 2014, 04:01
Lol vamp's being favorited. Not by a long shot. I'm a new player and I prefer humans every time to vampires. I'm good with a reaver but I can easily 1 v 1 a reaver when I play a hunter. You can hear their leap coming because of the growl, and it's far too easy to just roll around a corner or into a building. Then they miss and have nothing. Tyrants are by and far considered the weakest of the 3 vamps (sentinels can at least fly off with one person and solo kill them). If the humans know you have tyrant they just get a good line of sight and he's screwed. Too easy to dodge all of his abilities.

Long-range? Vampire long-range doesn't exist. Everything they do they have to be right next to you to do, with the exception of smoke bombs. Anything else either requires them to be next to you, or puts them directly in harms way, without a defense because you can't use defenses while using other abilities.