PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Windos 7 and BAA

whatshername109
20th Feb 2010, 08:21
I just got the game and, conveniently for me, it runs slow. the best example i can give on how it runs is as if it were being played in slow motion. However, the sound is perfectly fine. This happened to me with the demo, but i thought it was just because it was a demo. I am not a computer nerd at all. So, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If those suggestions could be dumb down enough a 5 year old could understand it, that would be fantastic!

deders
22nd Feb 2010, 02:24
Sounds like your graphics settings may be too high for your system
Have you tried turning some of the settings down in the launcher?
What hardware does your PC have? most notably your graphics card.

whatshername109
23rd Feb 2010, 00:46
I would change the settings but I have no idea how to. the only thing i can tell you about my computer is that i have a sony laptop with an intel pentium processor. And also, ideally i shouldnt have issue with the graphics because my computer is blu-ray compatible.

deders
23rd Feb 2010, 04:06
There are many different types of Intel processor and almost as many types of graphics chip, and unfortunately not all graphics chips are made equal. Being able to decode Blu Ray movies requires completely different capablilties than rendering complex 3D scenes.

It would be helpful if you could tell me what model sony you have,

Also could you right click on 'my computer' and select 'properties' from there on the left you should see Device manager (in XP you have to select the hardware tab first), then click on the little cross next to display adapters and tell me what it should now say under that.

If you are in Vista you should be able to go to your games folder (in the start menu above recent items) right click on the Batman Icon and select 'launcher'. In XP you'll have to navigate to 'C:\Program Files\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries' and select 'BmLauncher.exe' from there.

Once it's opened, select settings. For now you can leave resolution alone, go to were it says 'Detail level' and turn it down as low as it can go, then switch everything below that from 'yes' to 'no'. Click on 'OK' and now try to play the game.

If it is still slow then I expect your graphics chip isn't powerful enought to play the game. You could try lowering the resolution in the launcher, it may help but make sure it's the same aspect ratio (16:10 or 16:9 or even 5:4) as your monitor or the game will appear squashed.

If it is now much smoother then you may be able to go back into the launcher and turn some of the options back on one at a time and see if it still runs smoothly. Hope this helps.

whatshername109
23rd Feb 2010, 05:12
Okay, so i did your my computer steps and for the display adapter it says Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
my computer model is VGN-NW265F
Im going to try the newly fixed settings now. I hope it works! Thank you so much.

deders
23rd Feb 2010, 05:20
Everything about your computer should be ok to run the game, apart from maybe the graphics chip, Let me know how you get on.

whatshername109
23rd Feb 2010, 06:15
woohoo just lowering the resolution worked! thank you so much!

deders
23rd Feb 2010, 08:20
good to know it's a video memory bandwidth issue