PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Closed beta feedback

gzvirax
8th Mar 2014, 15:43
After playing several hours of the closed beta, here's my initial feedback. I'm posting here because my account doesn't have access to the closed beta forums.

Humans don't seem to have enough mobility. I don't expect them to be able to climb walls, but perhaps climbing a 2-3 foot ledge (instead of walking a block to take the stairs) should not be out of the question?

I think humans should either be able to fall slightly longer before taking fall damage, or take far less damage for short falls. Often I would jump down from a ledge close to my player model height, only to take a surprising amount of fall damage (when I didn't expect any.)

This may already occur, but I have a suspicion it doesn't: match-making should implement merging of lobbies to reduce wait times, which currently are very long.

An in-game server browser would be ideal for averting any perceived problems with match-making. Another use case would be rejoining a match from which the player was disconnected (due to network issues or game crash.)

Complaint: Alchemist's default primary weapon is not fun. To land any damage, it requires either (A) a direct hit, or (B) spray and pray towards unsuspecting enemies. The former is extremely difficult on a moving vampire, especially when the trajectory must be predicted, and the latter is not something I think should be encouraged.

Proposed solution: Grenades currently bounce unless they hit a vampire. I believe that instead they should always explode on impact, just with very minimal splash damage.

RainaAudron
8th Mar 2014, 16:35
Alchemist's default primary weapon is not fun.

I´d object to that - I´m primary Alchemist player and get lots of kills and assists with it (I use Multi-cannon).

PencileyePirate
8th Mar 2014, 22:00
I´d object to that - I´m primary Alchemist player and get lots of kills and assists with it (I use Multi-cannon).

I'm posting under my brother's account because the account that started this thread doesn't have access to beta.

I meant the single-shot cannon when I wrote that; I haven't tried the multi-shot yet, but I expect the spread on that mitigates the problem I'm talking about.

WhiteFlameKyo
8th Mar 2014, 22:19
I meant the single-shot cannon when I wrote that; I haven't tried the multi-shot yet, but I expect the spread on that mitigates the problem I'm talking about.

Well, I can reply with what Raina said: I get lots of kills and assists with it. I like alchemist's default weapon. It's hard to hit anything, yes; but when you do, it does a lot of damage - even to more than one vampire per shot. A really powerful weapon.

PencileyePirate
9th Mar 2014, 07:06
Ok, then I'm likely wrong on that point. Given these were my initial impressions, I probably just need more practice with the weapon.

I'd also like to add another bullet-point:

Vampire climbing being vertical-only feels kinda weird. Perhaps we've all been spoiled by Assassins Creed, but my brain just expects to be able to move horizonally.

I think it should be implemented as the ability to crawl horizontally along walls (in the same manner as vertical movement), as well as the ability to perform a controlled outward jump from vertical surfaces. This would allow vampires to jump between buildings without first climbing to the roof.

Shartukor
9th Mar 2014, 16:40
An in-game server browser would be ideal for averting any perceived problems with match-making. Another use case would be rejoining a match from which the player was disconnected (due to network issues or game crash.)

Agreed, for private games, atleast for the time they fix the party bugs.

PencileyePirate
10th Mar 2014, 03:13
After playing more, I rescind my comments about Alchemist primary weapon. It just took some getting used to, and I should have given it more of a chance before I complained.

I would like to add the following:

Fix in-game voice (which currently only works in the lobby, afaik.) Of course not everyone will use it to their team's benefit, so there should be a UI setting to mute players, as well as one to disable voice completely.

Auto-delete expired perks and equipment from inventory, or add a UI option to purge them all at once.

Auto-update loadouts when equipment used in the loadout expires. Players must currently do this manually, or be left wondering why their play button is disabled at match start.