PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Redemption vs. Just Cause 2

FBGM x BlaZiN
16th Feb 2010, 16:49
I've been following the game Red Dead Redemption for quite awhile too. I think both are going to be really fun and thus, will be purchasing both. Just wanyed to know what you guys think too. Compare and analyze and tell us what you think about each game and why or why not you think it's better.

P.S. this is not to start a war of any sort but just something fun to talk about

Here's a link to see what things are in Red Dead Redemption

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj1EpkGbP24

Maverick265
16th Feb 2010, 16:59
I've been following the game Red Dead Redemption for quite awhile too. I think both are going to be really fun and thus, will be purchasing both.

Same here, however I am only pre-ordering Just Cause 2 for the Limited Edition. RDR has some cool pre-order stuff in america but in the UK there is not as much, also the place I always order from has no pre-order bonuses. There are only two reasons I pre-order: 1. Bonuses & 2. If I might sell out (E.G. MW2)

FBGM x BlaZiN
16th Feb 2010, 17:12
Yeah, I pre-ordered Just Cause 2 awhile back, can't wait!
What do you get for pre-ordering RDR in America by the way?

KeledStrongarm
16th Feb 2010, 17:15
I'm a little more excited for Red Dead Redemption but, it's because I love westerns, I've been waiting for a sandbox style western and Rockstar Games is awesome. However Just Cause 2 will be f-ing awesome!

FBGM x BlaZiN
16th Feb 2010, 17:19
Yeah, I too am a little more excited for Red Dead Redemption. Seems alittle bit more interesting considering how you can shoot buffalo and other animals and then sell there fur and stuff for money. Also, the random cougar attacks on people will be cool too watch especially if it happens to you lol.

But, Just Cause 2 has more stuff. Parachuting, plenty of vehicles whereas RDR only has horses and stagecoaches, more weapons so overall I think I will like JC2 but want to see omre about RDR but am almost 100% positive will be getting RDR too.

chip5541
16th Feb 2010, 17:39
I am looking forward to see how RDR turns out considering I am amazed it even got finished considering the total chaos that was going on during its development.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
17th Feb 2010, 17:04
I made a thread here about it too, when I first saw a trailer of it I fell in love and I plan on getting it

wargamer1579
18th Feb 2010, 12:40
i like just cause 2 more because of the speed rush you get!

SkyChat
6th Mar 2010, 21:02
I promised myself only to buy 2 new games this year 2010 and it'll be JC2 & RDR. :)

cbrookf
7th Mar 2010, 05:49
RDR > JC2 just a guess. will love them both, but rdr will have more depth and polish

texkid4
7th Mar 2010, 16:08
Is a demo coming out for it? cus it looks pretty cool, but i already bought bc2. and i am planning on getting jc2.... and prolly skate 3 for my b-day.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
7th Mar 2010, 20:53
RDR > JC2 just a guess. will love them both, but rdr will have more depth and polish

I agree in some way with that. But JC2 still has it's unique 1000 sq km of awesomeness

antonio13
8th Mar 2010, 01:34
ohh just heard read dead redemption just got delayed to may 18 and btw i am definatly going to try to get rdr because it look so deep even though a lot of the enviroment is desert and looks really fun

cbrookf
8th Mar 2010, 04:11
I agree in some way with that. But JC2 still has it's unique 1000 sq km of awesomeness

JC2 is only 400 sq km of unique/awesome, rest is just crap to fly over.... Hopefully, while smaller, rdr will be packed with stuff.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
9th Mar 2010, 15:09
JC2 is only 400 sq km of unique/awesome, rest is just crap to fly over.... Hopefully, while smaller, rdr will be packed with stuff.

Don't call it crap :(, it's beautiful landscape, and grappling around it is funny too. Although, I'll give you that some wild life or something would be a nice addition to that "crap"

DaynNightGaming
9th Mar 2010, 21:32
Just Cause 2, I will also buy red dead redemption cause of the hunting, the seasons, the weather, the Honor and Dishonor in the game but Just Cause 2 will become the new san andreas, cause It is the ultimate sandbox whit Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Helicopters and Planes, It is also like 30 times larger than san andreas and it got Mountains, Deserts, Jungles, Beaches, Grass plains, Sea and cities, all packed up whit fun stuff to do, It got 1 hour Day/Night cycle! I will enjoy the day for 45 mins and night for 25 mins =D, It got awesome weather features, Whit Sunny, Cloudy, Rainy, Stormy etc weather and.. CHAOS! I get to blow stuff up and get rewarded for it :D

both are must buys imo :)

Error96_
16th Mar 2010, 00:50
I am going for Just Cause 2. Thought the first one was great and just the vast expance of the area you got to explore. Missions were great too so the sequel is one I am excited about.