PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Same misstakes like every one else

Merkur74
8th Mar 2014, 12:11
It becames a "dislike" from me, because it will be a next F2P game what i play maybee 4 Hours a week and i will explain you why

The Games has potential and is a mix between "Loadout" and "Left4dead2"it is a quite of fun, but there is no possibility of more players or a own dedicated Server option wich means:

Item Shop,P2buy and boring 4vs4 mods.

So you will have always the same Away from Keyboard retar.ds what you can not kick/bann or a automaticly kick after 5 min/AFK.

1 vs 4 for minutes ( no "end of match to less players message")

you will have Players from China/Russia and all over the World and they have worst case a PING of 850ms.
the result will be unplaiable ghosthits and huge lags like in APB or other F2P games.

"Loadout" (F2P) got the message and changed his mind , they got new servers for each Country Region, but to late in my opinion.

Nosgoth is doing the same misstake, like i said i will no waste my time with it.

RainaAudron
8th Mar 2014, 12:17
How can you predict what will happen to Nosgoth when it´s just in Beta phase? I am sure they will add more server options later. It´s a live game and devs are periodically releasing updates for it while listening to tester feedback. Also, nobody forces you to play it if you don´t like it for some possible future "reasons".

hirukaru
8th Mar 2014, 12:23
Reply in quote and agree with Raina.

It becames a "dislike" from me, because it will be a next F2P game what i play maybee 4 Hours a week and i will explain you why

The Games has potential and is a mix between "Loadout" and "Left4dead2"it is a quite of fun, but there is no possibility of more players or a own dedicated Server option wich means:

What is wrong with an item shop?, What is wrong with items that you have to pay for? They are looking for options to expend to 5vs5 mode also, but because of the fast paced game action this can become very chaotic.

So you will have always the same Away from Keyboard retar.ds what you can not kick/bann or a automaticly kick after 5 min/AFK.
They are looking into the option for kick solutions

you will have Players from China/Russia and all over the World and they have worst case a PING of 850ms.
the result will be unplaiable ghosthits and huge lags like in APB or other F2P games.
There will be more servers and there is already a small ping corretion in place

"Loadout" (F2P) got the message and changed his mind , they got new servers for each Country Region, but to late in my opinion.
Psyonix is not the one opening the servers but Square-enix is. In beta they will always limit the servers and this will expend over time.

Nosgoth is doing the same misstake, like i said i will no waste my time with it.

DeputyPotato
8th Mar 2014, 12:24
@Merkura74

I would ask you to consider that this game is still in beta just in beta actually and so far the developers have always taken the comments us players/testers had at heart. There are a lot of things still in the works and the game is far from done such a harsh judgement is unjust towards the developers.

Once again it still is a beta.

Merkur74
8th Mar 2014, 13:12
@deputypotato
simple question, why you are explaining me what is a beta status? only because i wrote not 400 sites of constructive critism?

@hirukaru
thank you for that review and answers, but there is still my opnion about it.
it will nothing change on the market solution to make a cheap copy of games what already exists.

i know you are all fans and maybee to much optimistic and i know you want always to her a constructive criticism

but : every one has a right on his own opinion but not on his own facts.

DeputyPotato
8th Mar 2014, 13:27
@Merkura74

I did not attempt to explain what a beta is what I did do was try to inform you that the developers are working very hard they listen to the community that things are still in the works for release. And that I found your judgement too harsh because it is a beta that's all sir.

Have a good day

hirukaru
8th Mar 2014, 13:37
@deputypotato
simple question, why you are explaining me what is a beta status? only because i wrote not 400 sites of constructive critism?

@hirukaru
thank you for that review and answers, but there is still my opnion about it.
it will nothing change on the market solution to make a cheap copy of games what already exists.

i know you are all fans and maybee to much optimistic and i know you want always to her a constructive criticism

but : every one has a right on his own opinion but not on his own facts.

Your welcome, of course there is your opinion and I do not try to wipe your opinion away.
Opinions are very much appreciated and needed to improve the game.

If I understand you correctly you find the market system a '"cheap" copy of other games?
Everything is buy able for in game gold except the chest keys and skins.

What would you suggest?

Well a fan I like the game and have been here a while.
And as you say everyone has his right to have his own opinion and I totally agree with it.
But as far as I know I have not shown my opinino in my post just some "facts" that are known to the alpha community at this moment. Cause I don't know what you find wrong with the shop system I would like some indept information and maybe some information on how they can improve it.

The psyonix team is listening very closely to there testers, so I suggest posting a good suggestion.

Korevas
8th Mar 2014, 14:14

An item shop and is fine as long as it doesn't scale up a players power infinitely and everything can be gained through playing at a reasonable level. IMO, this is the case here. Bear in mind that the company has to make money *somewhere*, and since the game will be free to download it comes in here.
What do you think P2buy even means? There are f2p and b2p but I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.
I suppose you mean boring 4v4 modes. At the moment, the devs are considering going 5v5 and developing more modes, siege being the first incarnation thereof. In any case, this game is no battlefield, the maps, the factions and just about everything is designed to be cooperative small scale combat, just ramping it up to 8v8 without further changes would completely screw it over.

This is an entirely solvable problem. There is an afk kick timer in place already, adjusting it to a more reasonable level is very much a possiblity, and I'm pretty sure the devs are looking into it already. Hardly a thing to break a sweat over in beta.

For comparison, APB had a wildly different server infrastructure, you wouldn't see a 850 ping even for connections around the world anymore, unless the people in question have horrible connections themselves.

Thoughtlessly opening local servers around the world would be utterly moronic at this point. Overstretching like that kills projects.

Responses in red.

hirukaru
8th Mar 2014, 14:40
My responses to something Korevas said I put in Lime green (love that colour)
Korevas thanks for some addings to what I posted. I forgot a bit about the auto kick function that is in place. Even though they are looking for a better solution at this moment.

An item shop and is fine as long as it doesn't scale up a players power infinitely and everything can be gained through playing at a reasonable level. IMO, this is the case here. Bear in mind that the company has to make money *somewhere*, and since the game will be free to download it comes in here.
What do you think P2buy even means? There are f2p and b2p but I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.
I suppose you mean boring 4v4 modes. At the moment, the devs are considering going 5v5 and developing more modes, siege being the first incarnation thereof. In any case, this game is no battlefield, the maps, the factions and just about everything is designed to be cooperative small scale combat, just ramping it up to 8v8 without further changes would completely screw it over.

I think he means with P2buy something like Pay 2 buy using real value to buy stuff, which is only the case for the skins and the keys. (There is also P2W which this game is not)
The devs are not only consdering 5 vs 5 they are already testing it. The QA notice that this is to chaotic for the time being and unplayble. Until they find a way to improve it they won't add it. For the rest nice add information to what I posted.

This is an entirely solvable problem. There is an afk kick timer in place already, adjusting it to a more reasonable level is very much a possiblity, and I'm pretty sure the devs are looking into it already. Hardly a thing to break a sweat over in beta.

Adjusting the timers will also kick people that have to go for a smaller amount of time to lets say take care of babies and other stuff. As I stated they are looking for a fair kick solution next to the afk kick timer that is in place. (Which almost never kicks in and the timings will probably change a little bit)

For comparison, APB had a wildly different server infrastructure, you wouldn't see a 850 ping even for connections around the world anymore, unless the people in question have horrible connections themselves.

Thanks for the add to what I posted :)

Thoughtlessly opening local servers around the world would be utterly moronic at this point. Overstretching like that kills projects.

Responses in red.