PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Reaver smoke ability.

Derak0r
8th Mar 2014, 03:20
The Reaver smoke ability needs to be tweaked slightly to either lessen the blinding effect or reduce the time it affects humans.
Due to the fact that humans have to stay grouped to avoid being picked off one by one easily they are at a massive disadvantage against teams of 2 or more Reavers. Chaining the smoke ability means the cool down can be almost completely up and ready to fire again whilst humans are still under it's effect. Tie this with a team that is say using voice coms and then you've got a very difficult if not unwinnable situation facing the humans.

The human version the alchemist gets doesn't have the same visual disorientation nor does it last as long. This seems a more balanced version of a class blind.

hirukaru
8th Mar 2014, 03:41
Remember you can look into the smoke you can't look through it (even vampires can't).
The best way is just not to get hit by it though.

It is an ability I will not pick over choking haze unless my group wants me to use it (when playing reaver).
I dont think it is an OP skill and in Alpha it was a good enough skill for what it was used for.

But ofcourse you may think different like everyone is allowed to do.

Timothyyy
8th Mar 2014, 05:18
I think it's a bit OP. If vampires stack Reaver it's game over. Lol

SiD_Green
8th Mar 2014, 09:40
It might be more of an issue if choking haze wasn't better almost always, but I do feel like it lingers on you for a bit too long after leaving the smoke.

Viridian24
8th Mar 2014, 13:07
The AoE is way too big, considering how long it lasts and how severely disabling it is. Plus it highlights all the humans affected in it with a blue aura, correct? So that's a skill that massively disables the enemy, and shows your whole team where they are through walls, in a huge area, that lasts a long time. Yeah, it's pretty OP.

hirukaru
8th Mar 2014, 13:14
I think it's a bit OP. If vampires stack Reaver it's game over. Lol
Isnt this something you can train against? We had lots of class stacking in alpha and mostly after a few days of training it was possible to break.

It might be more of an issue if choking haze wasn't better almost always, but I do feel like it lingers on you for a bit too long after leaving the smoke.
There was a suggestion to let the smoke dissolve and spread after x seconds.

The AoE is way too big, considering how long it lasts and how severely disabling it is. Plus it highlights all the humans affected in it with a blue aura, correct? So that's a skill that massively disables the enemy, and shows your whole team where they are through walls, in a huge area, that lasts a long time. Yeah, it's pretty OP.
If the AOE did not change since Alpha then I wonder what is considered to big?
It is possible to just avoid it if you see smoke, you can move away. It is in my opinion matter of tactic. I think some alpha players agree.

RainaAudron
8th Mar 2014, 13:15
In alpha Smoke bomb was utterly useless, finally it has become useful.

hirukaru
8th Mar 2014, 13:19
In alpha Smoke bomb was utterly useless, finally it has become useful.

Is it also useful against the alpha players Raina? This is what I am wondering atm. Cause the Beta's say it is so OP. While i still have the old smoke bomb in mind (What changed?)

Omhxyz
8th Mar 2014, 15:05
The shadow residue lasts longer the you stay in it and vamps can see through it once they step in it(finally).

I think people just gotta adjust to it instead of forcing game to adjust to them like they did with choking haze. People still whine about that one as well in-game and in-forums, its been nerfed like what 5 times? If its bothering you a lot, you are just in a bad position. I see that a lot with new players, they give their backs to a wall and thinking its safer that way instead of having as many direction as possible to run away.

RainaAudron
8th Mar 2014, 15:32
Yeah, it´s much better now, it forces you to leave your position cause you don´t see at all, very effective against camping humans.

HereticSage
8th Mar 2014, 15:42
It's not really that op. I'm more scared of a Tyrant coming at me while I'm blind than a reaver. A reaver I can drop flame wall on and lol as I track him with the damage. A Tyrant will disorient me by knocking me down, stunning me, and otherwise being a pain (while being tanky). Also sentinels, but since I play alchemist, they don't need blind to be a pain to me. Scouts that get blinded I see just drop their AoE on it, which is essentially the same tactic I use, though I wait for engagement. I can see this doing best against hunters, as they don't have DoTs outside of poison bola.

Kaphei
8th Mar 2014, 20:14
I don't find this OP, it's much better than getting hit by a poison bomb. It does it's job of splitting the party and obscuring vision but not too much that you can make out if there is a vampire in melee range that you can shoot at.

Only issue I have with smokes is you can still see names of vampires as a human, making shots not that difficult once you found one.

Razaiim
8th Mar 2014, 21:19
Smoke bomb is in a good spot. In alpha it was useless in every situation. Now in beta it is effective even against other alpha players, and now I use it exclusively over choking haze.

Nyxios
9th Mar 2014, 00:51
Smoke bomb is just perfect to flush out camping humans (I love it). If you add poison bomb, then you get the perfect combo. And finally you send one tyrant to finish them out. As a human, I'm totaly frightened when blinded by the smoke bomb... I run as far as I can since I can't do anything but firing at random...