PDA

View Full Version : Easy... Normal... Hard...

al-x
10th Feb 2010, 02:54
Hello:

I am playing it on Normal and am up to Poison Ivy... If my schedule and life permits, I might play it again on Easy mode.

I just want to know what is the difference between the levels. Does easy mean that it takes
less blows to knock out the thugs for example? I mean, what is easy about it compared to Normal or even the Hard level of play?

Al...

deders
10th Feb 2010, 13:20
I know hard is more realistic, in the sense that the enemies can see you better, it's not as easy to disappear, plus you get damaged more when you get hit.
Never played on easy, don't see the point, normal is almost too easy as it is.

LIGHTS
10th Feb 2010, 14:13
Easy and Normal are fairly the same, except on Easy it's I guess... Easier?

On Hard mode however,

when you're let's say on gargoyles on stealth challenges/stages, thugs can spot you easier so you might have to constantly move around. You'll get more damaged when you get hit, like deders again said.

Also, thugs and bosses will be harder to beat of course. (As in the duration) On Easy I think it was cutting Bane's Venom tubes twice and he's done. On Hard I think it's 4 times, and one charge from Bane can lower your HP down by 4/5!

Also when in combat, you won't be able to see the counter "spidey senses" over Batman when somebody is about to strike you.

Bat Legend
10th Feb 2010, 15:15
Just like any video game, as difficulty goes up, the computer gets stronger, Muahahahaha!

Thugs -
They get smarter, tougher, and take much more punches to take them down.
Smarter meaning its much harder to hide from them.

Bosses -
Much harder to beat.
Attacks do much more damage to you, (i suggest good armour upgrades)

Upgrades really do help you in the fights with stronger foes.

Odysseyalien
10th Feb 2010, 16:18
I'm in my 4th playthrough -- normal, hard, easy and now hard again. Easy was really easy. Hard the first time through was really a b***h, particularly the infamous Titan boiler room and Bane. I find normal to really be in the middle of those two.

Another difference not really mentioned here is that you potentially change your strategy in the fights due to difficulty set. What might be a simple situation of running up to the thugs and beatin' the crap out of them on easy might mean rethinking strategy to beat the thugs on hard. Each playthrough can be a completely different experience.

freeze131
27th Feb 2010, 05:59
Basically on Hard - as mentioned earlier - The thugs/Titan/Bane do a whole lot more damage as compared to easy. if Bane hits you once, your practically finished. Also, it's a lot harder to string combos together as the swarm of thugs usually stops you. I played halfway through on easy, then I played all of it on hard. The differences are huge.