PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation Email

Ravoz
15th Aug 2012, 14:05
How long did it take you to get your email?

I've been waiting 5 and a half hours and still haven't got mine.

member_10565699
15th Aug 2012, 14:37
going on 24 hours for me

marietsy
15th Aug 2012, 14:41
How long did it take you to get your email?

I've been waiting 5 and a half hours and still haven't got mine.

Huh...well nice to know that I am not the only one waiting...

JLeborgne
15th Aug 2012, 14:44
For me like 12 hours...

atwon23
15th Aug 2012, 15:31
Im guessing you guys wont get one. I just got off the phone with customer support for a refund, and they said my email address was not with the order I placed so no confirmation was sent. The rep told me this is not normal and may explain why so many people never got the confirmation. I only had my order number because I took a screenshot when the order was placed.

mihen
15th Aug 2012, 15:31
It looks like the register email in the game goes to registering an account on Square-Enix EU, not NA.

sapphireraine
15th Aug 2012, 15:40
Oh, so this is NOT just something that happened to me.

I sent a message to support and I checked my credit card; the credit card activity says I paid for it, I really hope they sort this out.

Xaverri
15th Aug 2012, 18:59
I called Square Enix customer support, they directed me to the distributor: Digital River. I called Digital River about a half hour ago and spoke with an extremely rude agent who tried to tell me that I had no order and my card had not been charged (I was looking at the charge on my bank statement at the time). I told him that I had in fact been charged and all I wanted was to have the email resent. He told me that there was no email associated with my purchase and that is why I never received it, he told me he was resending the email to the address I gave to him over the phone and promptly hung up on me. After a half hour with still no email I called back and spoke with a different CSR, she once again told me that there was no email address associated with my order and that was why I never received confirmation. After giving her my email address she resent the email and I received it in a matter of seconds. I believe there is a problem with the transactions going through in which the email address is not being attached to the order somehow. Anyway, the Digital River customer service line is open 24/7 and you may contact them at (952)253-1234. Good luck to everybody trying to play this game!

thefeddy
15th Aug 2012, 19:11
Hey Lauren,

Thanks for the heads up!

The agent I got was a bit rude as well, as soon as I gave them my information everything was sent over. They blamed the slowness on their billing department, and said it could take up to 72 hours. Which is clearly a lie.

They do ask for your order number or email, along with your name and telephone number, hopefully you know those by heart, if not.. Goodluck!

Also : www.findmyorder.com/sstore?Action=Displa... (https://www.findmyorder.com/sstore?Action=DisplayHomePage&SiteID=findmyor&Locale=en_US) for when you are done with this annoyance.

Wish they released this on steam, could be playing already.

digitoxin
15th Aug 2012, 19:34
If you haven't received a confirmation email, check your spam folder, for some reason gmail is throwing all emails from Square-Enix into SPAM.

marietsy
15th Aug 2012, 19:38
Yeah, well I just called that number and they told me their offices are closed. Go figure on that 24/7 option.

marietsy
15th Aug 2012, 19:39
Also, that link doesn't work for me. Takes me to origin for some reason, which I have used my card to purchase a game under the same email account. I don't have my order since I never wrote that information down...sad sad day.

marietsy
15th Aug 2012, 19:49
Yeah, well I just called that number and they told me their offices are closed. Go figure on that 24/7 option.

Whoops...apparently i didn't listen to the options, so I am now waiting for the very nice man, who doesn't know a darn thing, to help.

Decavolty
15th Aug 2012, 19:59

The offices are closed, but you can still go through customer service which IS opened 24/7.

marietsy
15th Aug 2012, 20:12
Yeah, I figured that out after I called again. I had a very nice young man, and for whatever reason, the email would not go through so he just gave me the activation code over the phone, which was nice of him. So yay!

member_10604133
15th Aug 2012, 21:34
@Marlanne

Also, that link doesn't work for me. Takes me to origin for some reason, which I have used my card to purchase a game under the same email account. I don't have my order since I never wrote that information down...sad sad day.

I think I'm in the same boat as you on that one. Fail Digital River... Fail.

SquEnix really should be able to support their own transaction infastructure. What gives?

member_10308336
15th Aug 2012, 22:02
@Marlanne

I think I'm in the same boat as you on that one. Fail Digital River... Fail.

SquEnix really should be able to support their own transaction infastructure. What gives?

Same here. I get transfered to some Origin page saying I can no longer access that page. This is such BS. No way in hell am I ever buying another game from Square's store. If they want my future business, put it on Steam (or gog.com, given how old games like this are...)

Ravoz
16th Aug 2012, 10:22
I called Square Enix customer support, they directed me to the distributor: Digital River. I called Digital River about a half hour ago and spoke with an extremely rude agent who tried to tell me that I had no order and my card had not been charged (I was looking at the charge on my bank statement at the time). I told him that I had in fact been charged and all I wanted was to have the email resent. He told me that there was no email associated with my purchase and that is why I never received it, he told me he was resending the email to the address I gave to him over the phone and promptly hung up on me. After a half hour with still no email I called back and spoke with a different CSR, she once again told me that there was no email address associated with my order and that was why I never received confirmation. After giving her my email address she resent the email and I received it in a matter of seconds. I believe there is a problem with the transactions going through in which the email address is not being attached to the order somehow. Anyway, the Digital River customer service line is open 24/7 and you may contact them at (952)253-1234. Good luck to everybody trying to play this game!

I can confirm that this works. I called about a half hour ago and spoke to someone in Digital River Customer Service. She was actually very nice and helpful and within about 10 minutes I had my email.

One thing that I didn't like though was the customer service agent asked me for my SquareEnix Password. She said that the email I gave her wasn't saving and that she needed my password to access my account and save the email address. I reluctantly gave it to her.

But after I did she was able to send me the email so I don't know...after I hang up and quickly changed my Password.

I just wanted to thank Lauren for posting this info! Thanks so much, I'm now able play the game!

But man, square-enix, what a major pain this has been with the amount of hoops I had to jump through just to play this game!!

Lauren, thanks again!

Inzill
16th Aug 2012, 11:34
I bought Final Fantasy VII from the online store and was told that it was being processed and I'd be notified of the result shortly. And then it seems like a lot of people, it is now two days later and I have not gotten an email. So, I'm now wondering if there is an email address I could use and get this sorted out.

sobble
16th Aug 2012, 11:55
check your spam folder

Inzill
16th Aug 2012, 12:02
check your spam folder

I have been checking both my inbox and spam folder, neither have gotten it.

Scrotesmcgee
16th Aug 2012, 12:07
I'm having the same problem. No e-mail. So I can't even get my Serial Number to activate the game.

member_10550791
16th Aug 2012, 12:54
same issue

sqex_3774468
16th Aug 2012, 12:54
They charged my Bank Account, and I got nothing at all

joshuavetere
16th Aug 2012, 14:51

Awesome! That worked, thanks!

silverel
16th Aug 2012, 19:56
I had an activation email to register my account, nothing after buying the game. WTB SUPPORT.

Inzill
16th Aug 2012, 22:07
I had an activation email to register my account, nothing after buying the game. WTB SUPPORT.

Yeah, that's my situation as well. I would suspect that I gave the wrong email address if it weren't for the account confirmation. And so far, it doesn't seem that there's any way to contact them about it.

silverel
16th Aug 2012, 23:17
Go through your internet history from when you ordered the game. Find the page that looks like this.

store.na.square-enix.com/store?Action=Di... (https://store.na.square-enix.com/store?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=sqenixus&id=ThankYouPage)

Dairu81
16th Aug 2012, 23:48
is anyone else getting a sys_00000001 error when trying to download the game

Darnaltung
16th Aug 2012, 23:50
Same here. And I'm sure I typed my e-mail correctly, because I created the Square Enix account just before buying FF7 and I got the account activation e-mail.

Who do we have to get in touch with?

member_10653877
17th Aug 2012, 01:44

ha, it sends me to a TERA help page.

damn you digital river securom schenanigans

akjhu_
17th Aug 2012, 16:58
I can never figure out if it is a relief or if it is more frustrating to find that other people are having the same problems as I am

Inzill
17th Aug 2012, 17:51
Go through your internet history from when you ordered the game. Find the page that looks like this.

store.na.square-enix.com/store?Action=Di... (https://store.na.square-enix.com/store?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=sqenixus&id=ThankYouPage)

I don't think I got a page like that. I got a page that said "Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly." Is it something like I had to wait on that page for it to do something?

cswaine82
18th Aug 2012, 15:43
Same issues you are all having here, who do we contact for our key? or a refund?

chocorider
18th Aug 2012, 15:59
great, we are all having this problem. i send an email yesterday to support and still havent heard anything back

sqex_3861480
18th Aug 2012, 16:34
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Contacting Square-Enix-PlayOnline Support Final Fantasy XI ZAM.mht

OneWingedAngl18
18th Aug 2012, 17:07
I had the same problem. I also didn't receive anything, including in my spam folder. I checked it today and I finally got the email. It all depends on how fast they process your card information.

Inzill
20th Aug 2012, 16:12
So far I still don't have an email, though I am hopeful that I'll get one soon since it seems one person had. And I don't have any PC games from square-enix so I don't have the file someone was either trying to upload or direct me to.

member_10151247
21st Aug 2012, 08:04
Been a week with no email for me. Still doesn't even recognize that I made a purchase on the Digital River site. They can't find my order number, but I have the game and was charged.

twizt3d_illusion
22nd Aug 2012, 17:17
I downloaded ff7 but it said there was an error with downloadmanager.exe. I tried to contact the email the site gave me on windows live mail but the only response I got wwas that the email address had fatal errors reason no output.

twizt3d_illusion
22nd Aug 2012, 17:30
I just tried again and it worked. This is a link I found on my yahoo account it should help anybody that hasnt gotten a email yet. www.findmyorder.com/sstore?Action=Displa... (https://www.findmyorder.com/sstore?Action=DisplayHomePage&SiteID=findmyor&Locale=en_US)

Darnaltung
22nd Aug 2012, 20:53
I just tried again and it worked. This is a link I found on my yahoo account it should help anybody that hasnt gotten a email yet. www.findmyorder.com/sstore?Action=Displa... (https://www.findmyorder.com/sstore?Action=DisplayHomePage&SiteID=findmyor&Locale=en_US)

Well, I tried Bob's link and entered my e-mail and the last 5 digits of my credit card, but I got an error page that says "This site is not accessible outside of the EA Download Manager.". In that page there are two links -- One for the EA Store (!) and one for the EA Download Manager (now Origin). What now?

I can't believe this is happening. It's been almost a week and still no purchase confirmation or download link or anything. What the #$% is Square-Enix doing about this???

Grimoire
27th Aug 2012, 06:16
Have you contacted them?

support.na.square-enix.com/about.php?la=... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/about.php?la=1&id=0)

"Contact Us

If the Frequently Asked Questions or Knowledge Base articles are unable to offer you a solution to your issue, you can contact SQUARE ENIX for further assistance. Please follow the instructions below for contacting SQUARE ENIX.

- Click "Contact" in the upper right hand portion of the specific title's site

- Click the "Additional Assistance" button listed in each Knowledge Base articles page"

support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?i... (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=444&la=1)

maverick_john
29th Aug 2012, 20:20

I got exactly the same and no Game :(

Xceriis
31st Aug 2012, 13:15
Same issue. Why isn't there a purchased games history tab with the key you need? ANd a confirmation email would of been nice.

wock73
31st Aug 2012, 13:36
I got the activation e-mail, and the confirmation e-mail with the serial number. However when I log in it says my e-mail is not on record, could this be because I just created the account. How can I get my logon info to show up with Square Enix, what is odd is that I used the same e-mail that I received the two aforementioned responses from Square Enix. I left FF11 for similar lack of support but I thought I would give Square Enix another shot, I hope I don't regret that.

wock73
31st Aug 2012, 13:47
Ok, I figured out my mistake, facebook was selected and not Square Enix. Hindsight is 20/20 and yes I admit my error but that simply could be avoided by having a much simpler logon screen. I share my embarassment in case others run into the same frustration/

shghostell-348614
31st Aug 2012, 14:01
same problem, credit card charged, but nothing show up. don't know how to get the game

busterwhit
27th Apr 2013, 10:00
Last night, I purchased Final Fantasy VII for PC. I downloaded it, activated it, and when I arrived at the login screen, my user name and password were not recognized. I checked my email for an account confirmation, which I hadn't received.

I then tried to reset my password, and again, received no email.

I created a new account with the same email address and received no account confirmation email. I checked my junk email and had nothing from Square Enix there. In fact, that wouldn't make sense anyway, because I *did* receive a confirmation from Square Enix of my purchase.

Any help? I just want to play FFVII! Thanks!

busterwhit
27th Apr 2013, 11:20
For anyone else having this problem, I had to go online with Facebook. Why they couldn't just answer my email I'll never know.

Grimoire
27th Apr 2013, 12:03
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)].

soraishin
27th Apr 2013, 15:35
My story is far more terrible, i looked everywhere locally for a copy of this game, ie (gamestop, walmart, the mall) and nothing. Went online to amazon to order it with 2 day delivery. After days of excruciating agony waiting for my beloved disc to reach my console the UPS man finally showed up with it. I immediately proceeded to install the disc, but hit a roadblock when it asked for a Square-Enix account, i had one already but from 2011 so i had to get the password reset, no reset email was set, so i made a new account, no confirmation email was sent. I made 4 seperate emails using 4 different services , ie (gmail, yahoo, aol) and not a single email in any of them. To make things worse by the time all of this had happened it was already past customer service hours, which was last night, so meaning i would have to wait until monday to do anything about this. I couldn't believe it was right in front of me but so far away, my beloved game, now low and behold after weeping and drowning in tears to fall asleep i get online here today and see this thread and the dude saying he used his Facebook, i had seen the facebook, twitter, google buttons the entire time trying to register and didn't once think about clicking them, i feel like a complete moron :D but now i can login and my game is installing finally :D

odinodin
27th Aug 2013, 08:49
Yeah just bought the game. Still havent gotten an email for the CD KEY or confirmation of purchase... got the email to set account up and thats it.

lucky1shroom
27th Aug 2013, 10:04
I havnt got an email for CD KEY either but did receive a key for the early access

Mathias93
27th Aug 2013, 11:40
i have got a mail that i have purchase but no kinds of codes... been hyping like about this game and now this happends :/

Aiko464
27th Aug 2013, 16:29
same for me no code to the full game yet

MastaFlamez
4th May 2014, 20:18
Topic. It wanted a "confirmation code" after I made a new account that it said it would send to my e-mail, which never showed up. I tried exiting the app on my PS4 and going back in. Now I can't log in with my newly made account because it's asking for my "One-Time Password", something that was never established during the registration process. Not sure where to go from here. Help please??