8th Feb 2010, 17:25
it's a copy protection bug, i don't think there is much you can do

baccoibiza
9th Feb 2010, 13:22
but i have the original game

Scarn
9th Feb 2010, 13:48
but i have the original game

then aim for the other cage. just keep hitting grapple until you get the other cage

deders
9th Feb 2010, 16:36
these copy protection bugs do spill out into legitimate copies sometimes, meaning those with cracked software often have a better working version.

Marcus
9th Feb 2010, 17:29
these copy protection bugs do spill out into legitimate copies very occasionally, meaning those with cracked software very occasionally have a better working version.

;)

LIGHTS
9th Feb 2010, 18:03
these copy protection bugs do spill out into legitimate copies very occasionally, meaning those with cracked software very occasionally have a better working version.

;)

I bet they do. Very occasionally.

baccoibiza
9th Feb 2010, 21:39
now it's all ok.... I've created another nick on GamesForWindows Live, i'm started from 0% and now it's all ok.

thank you for all reply

LIGHTS
9th Feb 2010, 21:49
Enjoy the rest of Arkham Asylum, baccoibiza. :)

deders
9th Feb 2010, 22:52

;)

even if it goes wrong 1% of the time, it's still 1000 copies out of every 100000

Marcus
10th Feb 2010, 10:32
even if it goes wrong 1% of the time, it's still 1000 copies out of every 100000

While I can't fault your maths, there is nothing to suggest that it goes wrong anything close to 1% of the time - at least not for players who just install the game normally and play without cracks, patches, or with DRM circumvention tools (or spyware!) running in the background.

Assuming that the game sold a couple of hundred thousand, and assuming that players who encounter problems are more likely to complain, especially on official forums, this forum would have been absolutely inundated with complaints if 1% was the fail rate. Thinking back over the past few months, I can't think of more than about 10 people who have posted with believeable claims that the copy protection kicked in through no fault of their own.

If I were pulling a fail rate out of the air, based on what we've observed here combined with the general trends of how these things get reported, I would put it no higher than 0.01%

For the record, it still absolutely sucks that there are any people out there who have bought the game and are unable to play it. I hope that next time they do an OS install, everything suddenly starts working for them...

deders
10th Feb 2010, 10:46
I'd say a large percentage of problems people have had on here are to do with copy protection, they shouldn't have to re-install an os to get the game working.
just try typing grapple into the search bar

Marcus
10th Feb 2010, 11:59
I do a clean install of my OS every year or two. It improves speed and stability across the board. Anti-spyware sweeps are good, but not perfect - degradation of system is just one of those things that happens with PCs.

I would not be surprised if spyware or malware were able to trigger the copy protection in Arkham Asylum, in which case a clean OS install would prevent that problem.

You're right that a person should not need to do a clean OS install every time they want to install a game, but should they expect games to work perfectly on OS installs that are years old and riddled with miscellaneous software?

I think we'll have to agree to disagree about the percentage of complaints on this forum related to copy protection experienced by legitimate owners. :)

joseph8163
10th Feb 2010, 13:04
Hey how about the botanical gardens door crash? the one with harleys fingerprints beside them

deders
10th Feb 2010, 13:07
I think the issue is more to do with how either windows live or securerom handles different types of hardware, for instance sometimes securerom won't launch Call of Juarez because it doesn't recognise the disk as being an original (which it is), yet if i take it out and reinsert it, it sometimes works.

I agree on the merits of a clean system, and usually refresh mine every year or so too.

And while no one is going to be able to predict an exact percentage, my point was more to illustrate that even even a small percentage can be a large number of people

mwkcope
13th Feb 2010, 02:07
I wonder what the rest of Scarecrows world looks like.:eek: