PDA

View Full Version : crash in botanical gardens

liftedplane
8th Feb 2010, 09:10
I've been playing though the game without a problem, I downloaded and installed the patch and now I get this error
http://i48.tinypic.com/zjdw5l.png
I've tried lowering the graphics, I've updated my drivers... everything. I've searched google and looked everywhere I can think of. can anyone help

I can give a dxdiag if needed.

liftedplane
8th Feb 2010, 21:11
anyone have any idea? anything at all that may fix the problem

deders
8th Feb 2010, 21:24
whereabouts in the gardens does it crash?

liftedplane
9th Feb 2010, 01:11
whereabouts in the gardens does it crash?

it happened right after I saved the two doctors. the moment I saved them it crashed... now when I try to continue it puts me in the room where the leader was and it crashes instantly... it tells me I have an upgrade and then it crashes.

deders
9th Feb 2010, 01:27
have you tried re-installing the game?

liftedplane
9th Feb 2010, 03:21
have you tried re-installing the game?

I just did again and got a crc error, go figure. I had tried reinstalling it once before and I guess I didn't notice the error, I'm going to try using my friends copy and see if it works.

Marcus
9th Feb 2010, 10:45
If you get a CRC error while installing, try copying the contents of the DVD to a temporary drive and installing from that drive instead of the DVD. That has worked for a couple of people.

liftedplane
9th Feb 2010, 20:30
If you get a CRC error while installing, try copying the contents of the DVD to a temporary drive and installing from that drive instead of the DVD. That has worked for a couple of people.

yeah I had a bad copy... got it working now.

thanks for the help