PDA

View Full Version : Wild Speculation Time: What happened to Lynch's arms deal?

Kent-45
7th Feb 2010, 23:00
So preview after preview is saying that the primary center of conflict in Kane & Lynch 2 involves an arms deal that goes sour. I'm curious to know what you guys think went wrong with this deal, and what would make everyone in the Shanghai underworld want Kane & Lynch dead for it?

Here are my top 3 theories:

1. Glazer's crew has an undercover cop in it, who sets up Kane & Lynch. If you think about it, it coincides with IOInteractive's new fragile alliance mechanic involving undercover cops. It would also explain why the police in addition to the gangsters are after Kane & Lynch. I mean unless you're really amateurish (and it's alluded that Glazer and his gang are indeed so) most arms deals probably don't draw huge police attention if done correctly.

2. Glazer's crew gets greedy and tries to rip off whoever is buying guns from them. This is another idea that I think could be why this whole arms deal went south. Simply put, they tried to **** over the wrong people and it went south fast... This explanation doesn't explain police involvement though.

3. Lynch, in a rage, pulls a "Yoko" and ends up shooting somebody important during the deal. Insert random Lynch/Waingro-isms "I had to get it on man, he was makin' a move"

and yes, I have considered it... but there is a possibility that Kane did in fact do something to mess up this arm's deal. Although this is unlikely...

any thoughts?

Falkenwut
7th Feb 2010, 23:06
I'd agree for number 3...
Number 1 sounds like John Woo's Stranglehold (awesome game)
Number 2 doesn't sound bad... But number 3 entrigued me more

Unpaid Intern
7th Feb 2010, 23:37
Where did you hear about this undercover cop thing in FA Kent?

Kent-45
8th Feb 2010, 00:45
Where did you hear about this undercover cop thing in FA Kent?

It was in the UK PS3 magazine article, with the pink lettering and Kane's huge beard.

FoolForALifetime
8th Feb 2010, 07:37
hmm...but then again, near the end of Dead Men, Kane seemed a little more crazed than Lynch and judging by the trailer, Lynch has settled down a bit...I mean, he hasn't killed this new wife/girlfriend yet, right? Perhaps a little role reversal is in store. We have changed which character the game focuses on...

Acid_Burn
8th Feb 2010, 07:58
I mean, he hasn't killed this new wife/girlfriend yet, right?
The main word here is 'yet' :D
He lived a long time with his wife, before killing her.

Bevacur
8th Feb 2010, 08:42

That pretty much confirms she dies.

I had a feeling she would die, but i thought the gangs who are after Kane & Lynch killed her causing Lynch to go rambo on them.

I don't suppose we actually see Lynch attack Kane but not kill him? It seems Kane is immune to looking like a pig cop or what ever Lynch sees in his little world of happiness.

Acid_Burn
8th Feb 2010, 08:56
No, i'm not confirming it :) I still don't know about Xiu's role in the story.

Bevacur
8th Feb 2010, 09:13
But with a twist of fate she will die? Kane & Lynch have some sort of virus that causes wide-spread destruction and bring despair where ever they go.

It is shown that they can not eat noodles without having a shoot-out, killing civilians and blowing up little media stores.

Rampage virus: From Moderate to Severe in Kane & Lynch.

Symptoms include: Nerve jerking's in jaw's which make both men sprout random insult's and dropping the f-bomb. Most comparable to Tourette Syndrome, similiar effects?

Nerve ending's in finger's twitch like it is pulling the trigger of a gun.

Liquid's from the nerve's in the brain release a chemical agent which causes emotions mostly anger but severe depression has been noted. May cause the victim to be delusional and may develope a sociopathic personality. Sexual turn-on's don't work, has been shown that causing wide-spread destruction may be a turn on.

Nick@IO
8th Feb 2010, 10:17
No, i'm not confirming it :) I still don't know about Xiu's role in the story.

It's true. He doesn't.

FoolForALifetime
8th Feb 2010, 19:56
But with a twist of fate she will die? Kane & Lynch have some sort of virus that causes wide-spread destruction and bring despair where ever they go.

It is shown that they can not eat noodles without having a shoot-out, killing civilians and blowing up little media stores.

Rampage virus: From Moderate to Severe in Kane & Lynch.

Symptoms include: Nerve jerking's in jaw's which make both men sprout random insult's and dropping the f-bomb. Most comparable to Tourette Syndrome, similiar effects?

Nerve ending's in finger's twitch like it is pulling the trigger of a gun.

Liquid's from the nerve's in the brain release a chemical agent which causes emotions mostly anger but severe depression has been noted. May cause the victim to be delusional and may develope a sociopathic personality. Sexual turn-on's don't work, has been shown that causing wide-spread destruction may be a turn on.

Hahahaha I loved this.

Yeah...That's why I included the yet, I kind of figured it would happen. I mean he does stare at his pill bottle for an awful long time during that trailer...

Unpaid Intern
8th Feb 2010, 23:04
It was in the UK PS3 magazine article, with the pink lettering and Kane's huge beard.

Ah ok thx.

BeardedHoplite
10th Feb 2010, 23:55
I'm going to say that something got misintrepeted and a Reservoir Dogs style standoff ensured (on a bigger scale of course) and then the police showed up

One of Seven
13th Feb 2010, 19:14
She totally gets killed, her I'm not too interested in. I however am thinking that possibly Kane or Lynch may get shot down in this one.

Kent-45
13th Feb 2010, 19:16
It's unlikely... Kane & Lynch is an on-going franchise for IOInteractive and Eidos. I assume that there will be Kane & Lynch 3, if Kane & Lynch 2 is a big success.

and yes, Lynch's girlfriend is pretty much dead as fried chicken... but we already knew that already. Neither Kane or Lynch can have any sort of meaningful relationships, their too destructive for that kinda stuff.

One of Seven
13th Feb 2010, 19:31
It's unlikely... Kane & Lynch is an on-going franchise for IOInteractive and Eidos. I assume that there will be Kane & Lynch 3, if Kane & Lynch 2 is a big success.

and yes, Lynch's girlfriend is pretty much dead as fried chicken... but we already knew that already. Neither Kane or Lynch can have any sort of meaningful relationships, their too destructive for that kinda stuff.

Oh yeah she was dead as soon as she was mentioned. An article on IGN said Kane's trying to score money to "help his daughter." If this is true, and Jenny's alive, I think Kane's head would be the one on the chopping block. This is all just based on a hunch I have though, to me it would be expected. Kane's not changing his ways, and Lynch is getting involved with the wrong people, if they go out it needs to be epic or really sudden.

Kent-45
13th Feb 2010, 19:33
I think that's the appeal of Kane & Lynch... they get into really deep ****, but they're both survivors so they manage to pull through.

If they kill Kane or Lynch off in this game, I think they're gonna lose a lot of fans. The whole dynamic of Kane & Lynch is why people play this game.

One of Seven
13th Feb 2010, 19:38
I think that's the appeal of Kane & Lynch... they get into really deep ****, but they're both survivors so they manage to pull through.

If they kill Kane or Lynch off in this game, I think they're gonna lose a lot of fans. The whole dynamic of Kane & Lynch is why people play this game.

Yeah, but are they really going to get a happy ending? If Kane's made his peace and does support Jenny with the cash, and Lynch has made his peace with his china girl and saves her, will they go on to live happily? I just can't see Kane and Lynch getting a break, as you've stated they're too destructive.

GrievousOdyssey
16th Mar 2010, 22:26
You know ...

KANE IS ACTUALLY A UNDER COVER AGENT ! ...

A once brilliant negotiator and failed super hero , Adam Marcus found himself in too deep into the criminal underworld of The7 ... Working his way to the top he slowly develops a weird fetichism of killing innocent people , the Venezuela job was orchestrated by the President of the United States Himself in order to bring an end to the evil doings of The7 that involved selling counterfeit plushy toys , but Kane lost control , AND BLEW EVERYTHING UP ... Before getting captured Kane underwent severe psychic meditations and created a split personality that holds all his demons ... he called this split personality Bob ... but for some reason everyone calls him Lynch (at first it was Herbert , but it sucked) ...

Flash foward to Dog Days ...
Now , the player gets to play as Kane's split personality Lynch , which explains why the screen is always blurry , because it's a spiritual mind , nothing is real ! ...

WE ARE DOOMED ! ...

Kent-45
16th Mar 2010, 23:33
uh oh, Grievous is back. Looks like the cavalry is here

GrievousOdyssey
16th Mar 2010, 23:45
Can't help myself , to hell if the preview and footage will be filled with spoilers , i'll give the game a bad review for compensation ...

This reminds me ... What happened to my mansion ? ... I swear it was suppose to be standing right *steps into the middle of a giant black crater* here ...

Kent-45
17th Mar 2010, 00:21
The zombies broke through grievous... I had no choice... I had to burn the ****er down. My apologies.

GrievousOdyssey
17th Mar 2010, 13:13
Arso , no need to apologize i was just wondering if my memories was faulty or whatever , you did the right thing , the mansion was full of useless furnitures that i used as target practices anywya ...

Just help me find the secret hatchet to my underground bunker ...
It's were all the muffins and vodkas are kept ...

Miss my statue , though ...