PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Laptop users

Dfachim
30th Oct 2013, 20:25
Hello,

Here is my problem, I play Nosgoth on my laptop and cannot reach to play with more than 10 fps !
My configuration is the following :
Win 8.1
i5-3210M
8 Go RAM
1080p
GEForce GTX 660M.

I even tryed lower resolutions, and other options, nothing conclusive.

Help !!!!! :mad2::confused:

hirukaru
3rd Nov 2013, 02:32
As you say you play Nosgoth, that also means you can acces the Alpha part of the forums.
Please post it there next time.

Omegamesh
9th Jan 2014, 23:13
It's probably just me but after today's update my FPS started to sink hard. I'm running low settings and low resolution. I can't play without jumping around the game. Any advice.

MorbidMobius
10th Jan 2014, 05:43
Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone else was having issues with the fps and audio. I'm on low settings, 1048x720 res and have updated graphics card. Only things running background wise is steam (fairly new to btw). Any pointers as to resolve this or maybe I'm not the only one?

Monkeythumbz
10th Jan 2014, 09:25
Moving thread to Closed Alpha technical Discussion board.

LOFO1993
10th Jan 2014, 15:02
Is it possibly something similar to what I've written here?
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8863

Oroibahazopi
10th Jan 2014, 18:13
My fps still seem good, even after being forced to increase my settings ^^

What gpu setup do you have?

Omegamesh
10th Jan 2014, 19:13
was a graphical problem on my end already got it fixed. Thxs tho

Drunkscottsman
10th Jan 2014, 23:00
I meet and exceed the system requirements although my GFX card would run about 3-5 fps below the minimum suggestion of a NVIDIA 8800. On the lowest settings with no background processes running, I only get 10-13 fps making it extremely hard to play. If a dev or anyone wants to look at my detailed DXDIAG just email me

drunkscottsman@gmail.com

Short info on my laptop:

Windows 8 64bit
8gb DDR3 RAM
DX11
1.7 Quad core i5
Intel HD graphics 4000 1.5 gb memory

I'd imagine I could easily get 25-30 fps on lowest setting. I'm not sure if i'm overlooking something though. Thanks in advance!

Oroibahazopi
10th Jan 2014, 23:15
You have an integrated and a nvidia card with optimus?

Drunkscottsman
10th Jan 2014, 23:17
Only an integrated gfx card. I was stating that the minimum requirements say you need NVIDIA 8800 which only has about 7% better overall performance than my Intel HD 4000.

Oroibahazopi
10th Jan 2014, 23:24
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000-Benchmarked.73567.0.html

Drunkscottsman
10th Jan 2014, 23:40
Right, it is hard for me to believe that Nosgoth only runs at 13 fps on Low. To my eyes it doesn't compare to Skyrim on high or The Witcher 2 on high which are two games I can easily play with 30fps and run smoothly.

Oroibahazopi
10th Jan 2014, 23:42
It's not 100% optimized right now afaik, sommerdamm is particularly bad last I heard.

Drunkscottsman
10th Jan 2014, 23:46
For me it drops 2-3fps on sommerdamm which isn't much of a difference. I can play to a certain extent though, humans are particularly hard just because aiming with laggy fps is always difficult. I was just hoping someone from Psyonix could help me out or tell me that it won't/will be optimized to play the game with the minimum requirements.

Psyonix_Corey
10th Jan 2014, 23:54
If you click on "Advanced" under the Video options, everything is set to Low or Off right (Low settings are supposed to do this, but there could be a bug)? Especially Ambient Occlusion, APEX Cloth, Dynamic Shadows, and Motion Blur?

Drunkscottsman
10th Jan 2014, 23:56
Yes everything is Off or on Low except VSync.

Edit: playing windowed I can get 17fps, much better but still would love to hit 25

Oroibahazopi
11th Jan 2014, 00:02
Try checking that the stuff is actually set to false in your settings ini

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Config\BCMPSystemSettings.ini

MorbidMobius
11th Jan 2014, 00:17
yes but each time ive went to a map, its always sommerdamn (sorry if i'm mispelling it)
have you or anyone found a fix yet for it?

Drunkscottsman
11th Jan 2014, 00:24
Okay just looked it over and it reflected the ingame advanced Low settings. Well, for now i'm fine with 17fps. I can actually aim properly, somewhat. Just wanted to let it be known when beta hits there might be a lot more of these threads not running decent rigs.

LOFO1993
11th Jan 2014, 00:28
Not really.

HeXpAyane
7th Mar 2014, 18:20
Anyone trying to play on a laptop and getting poor fps, it’s probably because the game does not automatically select your High performance card. The only way for you to force the game to use it and continually use it is to make it your default choice for the game. Just telling it to use your high performance card with ought defaulting it does not work.

:naughty::naughty:

hirukaru
7th Mar 2014, 18:34
Well most laptops won't make it though the 30+ FPS gap though. On my 310M I can run at 15FPS. Which is enough against new beta players. But playing against my former rivals in a normal match it is not.

Thanks for sharing for the other people.

Other share.
Dont try to use track pad.
Or if you want to accept a challange.

11/6/4 (KDA) with trackpad and 15FPS and 100+ Ping.
GL

HeXpAyane
7th Mar 2014, 18:48
well... if you have a 780m in your laptop 60+ fps is easy :P i was concerned when i started the game and couldn’t get it to use it.

hirukaru
7th Mar 2014, 18:51
well... if you have a 780m in your laptop 60+ fps is easy :P i was concerned when i started the game and couldn’t get it to use it.

well yeah a 780m but 310 is already like 4/5 years old.
BUt it still works.

(not even reaching 60fps with my desktop)

HeXpAyane
7th Mar 2014, 18:57
How well does the game play with lower fps? From the one match i played so far it seems similar to a twitch shooter with everyone jumping around. Does the game become les responsive or does it have some sort of compensation?

hirukaru
7th Mar 2014, 19:13
How well does the game play with lower fps? From the one match i played so far it seems similar to a twitch shooter with everyone jumping around. Does the game become les responsive or does it have some sort of compensation?

at 15fps it is playable against beginners. You need at least 30fps to really enjoy if you ask me.

Lower fps is just that it isnt flued enough to see where someone is going.

Bobhwilson
12th Mar 2014, 21:34
Yes, those with a Nvidia card make sure to go to the Nvidia control panel and add Nosgoth. I did this and it made the game A LOT more playable.

t0pdevice
13th Mar 2014, 03:19
Try to edit config and disable some features:
SteamApps\common\nosgoth\Engine\Config\BaseSystemSettings.ini

IKathaarI
13th Mar 2014, 05:47
How do we make it default to our integrated card?

lucinvampire
13th Mar 2014, 07:24
Thanks for highlighting this - going to have to check mine tonight and see what it says - as someone with hardly any PC gaming experience (and on my first proper gaming laptop) - don't know where this is...could be a challenge. :D

Sluagh
13th Mar 2014, 17:37
Hey. I just got the beta. Have been trying to get frames up a bit. You can change launch options apparently, which can help. But other than that I am stuck as to how to get it higher ( I am not much good with computer tinkering).

Try to edit config and disable some features:
SteamApps\common\nosgoth\Engine\Config\BaseSystemSettings.ini

I found Steam Apps, but any advice on what might be worth changing? Thanks a lot.

lucinvampire
14th Mar 2014, 09:21
This is what I did to my laptop last night…it didn’t blow up – and the game seemed better…this is on Windows 8

Type Nvidia on tile screen (select Settings)
Select the Nvidia Control Panel
On the left hand side there is an option called Manage 3D Settings – click it
Select the Program Settings tab
On option 1 click the Add button
Browse through your system until you find Nosgoth and select it
In option 2 click the drop down underneath select High Performance NVIDIA processor and click Apply

…and that’s it :D

I was on NA servers last night – so had lag – so probably didn’t see all the benefits of it…hopefully getting on a EU one I’ll notice more of a difference.

Vampmaster
14th Mar 2014, 11:32
Can anyone recommend a laptop that can handle Nosgoth at a decent frame rate? I plan to spend £400 to £500 on either a laptop or a PC, but my old laptop isn't working too well and I'd prefer to replace that than get a PC that I can't take placed with me. I had planned to just replace my PC until the laptop started to break.

lucinvampire
14th Mar 2014, 12:31
Can anyone recommend a laptop that can handle Nosgoth at a decent frame rate? I plan to spend £400 to £500 on either a laptop or a PC, but my old laptop isn't working too well and I'd prefer to replace that than get a PC that I can't take placed with me. I had planned to just replace my PC until the laptop started to break.

Umm I got one of the HP Envy machines but was around £900 of laptop...there were a few lower priced ones around £500-£600 which would have run it - I can't remember the names - I know one was a HP and one was a Sony...I always tend to look on PC world to compare them (easy website to use) and also you can go in store and have a proper handle of them and then shop about for better deals. Sorry I can't remember the models at the moment...I've slept a lot since then :D

cmstache
18th Mar 2014, 14:19

My desktop was about 450 bucks, threw another 120 into a better PSU and GPU. It's not the best Graphics card, but I do well enough with all the details turned up as long as APEX and shadows are off (which still aren't quite right anyways btw).

lucinvampire
18th Mar 2014, 14:57
I meant to come back here sooner – I played a couple of games on Sunday on EU servers (first time on EU since I changed the graphics settings). It’s so much better now! No skipping, jerking, blurring, everything seems a lot clearer/crisp – seems most of the display fuzz has now gone…

Not sure if this is more patch related but in short I highly recommending changing your settings if you’re a laptop user – it definitely makes a difference :D

Vampmaster
30th Mar 2014, 19:56
Has anyone tried running Nosgoth on a machine with similar specs to the HP Pavilion 15-n268sa 15.6" Laptop? http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-n268sa-15-6-laptop-black-silver-21862441-pdt.html#longDesc I showed the guy at the store the requirements and he says it matchs the optimal, but my current machine supposedly met the minimum and was still unplayable at less than a frame per second.

I wanted to get a proper desktop computer, but my laptop's dying and I prefer to have a working one.

0Exroath0
30th Mar 2014, 20:14
Has anyone tried running Nosgoth on a machine with similar specs to the HP Pavilion 15-n268sa 15.6" Laptop? http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-n268sa-15-6-laptop-black-silver-21862441-pdt.html#longDesc I showed the guy at the store the requirements and he says it matchs the optimal, but my current machine supposedly met the minimum and was still unplayable at less than a frame per second.

I wanted to get a proper desktop computer, but my laptop's dying and I prefer to have a working one.

I would never trust the sales guy, But that laptop does look like it would be fine the game does run on ue3 anyway.. I doubt you'll max things out but it should still look nice and play well.

lucinvampire
30th Mar 2014, 20:27
This is the one I was going to buy - but they didn't have any in stock anywhere - so ended up with the HP Envy :D
It should work from the looks of the specs...

Narphalex
30th Mar 2014, 21:04
yes you can play it no problem.

Vampmaster
1st Apr 2014, 11:21
So, they talked me into getting a desktop computer instead, but said I should by the graphics card separately to keep the price down. Are the recommended requirements still accurate or have they been creeping up? Any suggestions? I already went over my budget with the monitor, so I'm trying to find a decent one but not too expensive.

Reidlos
31st Oct 2014, 03:02
I have Laptop with gf 660m, 12gb ram, core i5 and even on the lowest seting i have a realy low fps.

FireWorks_
31st Oct 2014, 08:06
and this will stay this way cause your mobile card only runs dx11 properly.

Reidlos
31st Oct 2014, 13:19
Ok fount a solution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQ4VHxkBtY#t=56
It works for me.
And FireWorks dont give an advise when you dont know what you are talking about plz.

FireWorks_
31st Oct 2014, 15:37
and about what fps win are we talking now? Sure its huge if you say it in percentage and not so much in absolute numbers

Pls proove me wrong but I doubt your card will ever see 60fps stable

Reidlos
31st Oct 2014, 15:47
Im at 60 on medium now so mate seriusly no point in proving anything now. And when you run dx 11 you also run all the other versions so the fact that 660m runs 11 has nothing to do with it.

TheMachinist
6th Nov 2014, 15:06
This is impossible to play, I get hardly 15fps on my laptop.
My specs are:
i7 - 3632QM @ 2.2GHz up to 3.2GHz
6GB RAM
Nvidia GT740M 4GB VRAM

and I get 15fps on 1300x768 reso, ~20fps on the lowest one there 1024xsomething, while vsync on/off doesn't chance anything and every possible gfx option is set to low or even off.

Ain't that pretty or complex game, but demands so much.
I run games like The Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor on this lap on 1080p.
Is it the beta stage problem or what, but yeah pretty unplayable.

RainaAudron
6th Nov 2014, 15:31
I think the problem might be that you have dual graphic cards? I had the same issue. Go to your nvidia panel and add nosgoth.exe to the list and select run with nvidia and save the changes.

Vampmaster
6th Nov 2014, 15:33
Laptops can't handle it. They generally use emulated graphics cards rather than real ones. That's how it was explained to me, at least.

Psyonix-Greg
6th Nov 2014, 19:20
I think the problem might be that you have dual graphic cards? I had the same issue. Go to your nvidia panel and add nosgoth.exe to the list and select run with nvidia and save the changes.

This, exactly. The issue is that we're still waiting on full support from Nvidia and ATI/AMD. Until then, you have to force your laptop to use the better card when running Nosgoth.

PencileyePirate
7th Nov 2014, 09:15
Laptops can't handle it. They generally use emulated graphics cards rather than real ones. That's how it was explained to me, at least.

Integrated, not emulated. :)

Recine
7th Nov 2014, 12:00
Doesn't work, game still use only integrated card.

yassirscreed
8th Nov 2014, 14:00
Recently i changed my old computer to a new better one.
its an maxed out asus g750jz and whenever i start nosgoth it lags aloot goes from 60 fps to 3-10 fps,i tried searching it online but only good answer was to ask the tech support.
Any help would be appreciated,thank you for your time.

RainaAudron
8th Nov 2014, 14:04
Hey, is that a laptop? If you have nvidia, you have to open the nvidia control panel and add nosgoth.exe. Then select for it to be run with your dedicated graphics card.

yassirscreed
8th Nov 2014, 14:06
Yes,it is a laptop indeed,just to ask where do i change my settings,is it in adjust image settings with preview,manage 3d settings,set physx config

EDIT: thank you very much,you have fix my problem

RainaAudron
8th Nov 2014, 14:29
You´re welcome! :)