PDA

View Full Version : Call outs

XJadeDragoonX
7th Mar 2014, 17:45
Although im still waiting on a beta key, my brother(who just signed up yesterday) got a beta key this morning. We were playing for several hours taking turns and we both felt like the game would be a little more strategically sound if the devs were to introduce call outs. Many times where i was pounced on by a reaver behind my team mates did i simply want to press a button and have my character say "Help me!" or when i would be a sentinel and came across the new enemy spawn position i wish i could say "Enemy Spotted!" to alert my teammates. Its much simpler and safer than having to stop and type. This could also help newer players ease into the strategic environment that this game is. What do you guys think?

Sanguise23
7th Mar 2014, 17:50
i think everyone is getting a beta key before me :(....call outs sound good if you dont have a mic

hirukaru
7th Mar 2014, 17:56
This system has been suggested in the private forums.

TheBloodyOne
7th Mar 2014, 18:21
I think an idea like that would be great! Since is suggested already I would be happy to see that in the game.

hirukaru
7th Mar 2014, 18:42
I think an idea like that would be great! Since is suggested already I would be happy to see that in the game.

If you are in beta please check this topic (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=10816&highlight=VGS)

gzvirax
7th Mar 2014, 23:08
Planetside 2 has something slightly similar ... with your x-hair on a enemy character model, you can press a button to "call-out," also highlighting the enemy on the mini-map. It's extremely convenient at times, so I support the introduction of such a system.

Kazimira
7th Mar 2014, 23:16
UT games have sevral options of things you can say. Just a warning though they can be irritateing if done often. Rush ahead and ask for help and i can promise you wont get it.

hirukaru
8th Mar 2014, 01:34
UT games have sevral options of things you can say. Just a warning though they can be irritateing if done often. Rush ahead and ask for help and i can promise you wont get it.

THey are looking into muting options etc. to also mute these people.
Of course best way is to use a VOIP system like raidcall that has been opened up to all of you. (Group id: 7727974)