PDA

View Full Version : ALCHEMIST Flamewall obscures sight for humans

Korevas
7th Mar 2014, 17:22
I know it's a bit late to mention it, but something that always slightly bothered me was how prominent the flamewall effect was. It's not a huge issue, but I personally think it could be slightly less dense, as it's current incarnation makes it often a bit difficult to accurately spot vamps if it's placed right in front of you.

hirukaru
7th Mar 2014, 17:40
Well, in my opinion I think it is right the way it is. If you where able to spot vampires it will be like a defensive wall and you can shoot vampires from it. (bit OP cause if they pass it they take damage).

Now it takes away FOV for both humans and vampires which is what it supposed to do I guess.

Korevas
7th Mar 2014, 17:54
If you where able to spot vampires it will be like a defensive wall and you can shoot vampires from it. (bit OP cause if they pass it they take damage).

The alchemist casting the wall does already take damage from it, and every other stationary aoe in the game actively encourages teammates to stand in them as well.

hirukaru
7th Mar 2014, 18:23
When an alchemist cast the firewall it got a second of immunity. It is ment as a attack to use against the vampires.
Well if your teammates stand in the fire that is no problem they won't get damage. You will how ever after your second of immunity.

In fact it should be this way to make fire more accurate.

The closer you get the brighter it will become and the less you will see
The further away you are the easier it will become to look at the fire. (but you still cant look through fire 100%).

Also when close to the fire there should be a negative effect (If anyone ever standed next to a big fire will know what I mean).
But if they do this the fire will have to much down sides to use for this game.
This is my opinion of course if you think you should be able to look through fire to look at vampires that is totally allowed.

cmstache
10th Mar 2014, 22:45
The firewall works best as an area denial tool. You can literally make a vampire cross through it longways via doorways though and take 800+ damage on the way through.

Vallass
1st May 2014, 00:27
The firewall works best as an area denial tool. You can literally make a vampire cross through it longways via doorways though and take 800+ damage on the way through.

This is actually my favorite way of using the firewall. Nothing better than cutting off ALL vampire attacks through the only door. Plus, it's a GREAT breather option for your team in a fight.

GenFeelGood
1st May 2014, 20:46
I always felt the firewall was a missed opportunity for team support as a damage buff. Shots fired through the firewall, by the hunters and scouts, carry fire with them to their target and deal greater damage.

ulpsz10
15th May 2014, 22:36
I always felt the firewall was a missed opportunity for team support as a damage buff. Shots fired through the firewall, by the hunters and scouts, carry fire with them to their target and deal greater damage.

really??!!

never saw that so far

cmstache
16th May 2014, 00:49
It doesn't happen. He was using it as a suggestion.