PDA

View Full Version : The best configuration for me?

DarkKnight221
5th Feb 2010, 14:58
I have a PC with... these:
Ram 1GB
VGA Nvidia GeForce 9400GT
Windows XP
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80Hz (2 CPUs)

I try use very high setting and it's kinda okay, but when I use PhysX, it's just like playing in slow-motion, so the second question is how to optimize my PC for PhysX?
And if you want to know, I bought this game, and I want to play it with best quality until Batman Arkham Asylum II is release. (Just for your information, I don't want you to tell me I downloaded it or something).

cyborg34572
5th Feb 2010, 15:33
Im afraid you cannot play the game with physx. Ur video card is not powerful enough to process it. Running physx requires a geforce8800 or higher, but even an 8800 has a really hard time processing physx. Now u may say that ur 9400gt is higher than the 8800, that would be wrong. The 8800 can be compared to a 9800 (the 9800 is just higher a bit), but the 9400 is lower than the 8800. So the only way ull get to play the game with physx, is if you buy a geforce gtx series video card. Thats the only way ull get to play physx without lagging badly. id use the 9400gt to render graphics and a secondary geforce Gtx card for dedicated physx.

DarkKnight221
5th Feb 2010, 16:38
Thank you very much for your help, I think I'll save up money and buy a better VGA card (soonest, next year but latest, it could be next 2 or 3 years ^^)
But I have another question (sorry), my friend copied me the Insane Night DLC (I'm downloading it, but I think it'll take longer to download it so I just... you know, use an USB and copy it over), so is there anyway to install it? Or I must resume downloading?
Thank you again, by the way ^^.

cyborg34572
5th Feb 2010, 17:43
Im not really sure if that would work. U download the insanenight Dlc using ur Games for windows live account then automaticaly installs, i dont think it downloads as an executable. So idk if what ur asking is possible or not.

DarkKnight221
6th Feb 2010, 02:36
Yes, what I'm asking is if it's possible or not, after I post this, I don't really think that it's possible but someone may know how to install it, that's why I copy the DLC over to my PC and resume downloading (just in case).
Add: I just finished downloading, I installed it, but I can't see it in Challenge Mode, how can I see the 2 maps?

DarkKnight221
6th Feb 2010, 05:28
Now, I have another problem, I finished downloading the map pack, installed it but I can't see the 2 maps. Did I do something wrong?