PDA

View Full Version : Eastwing Corridor PhysX issue

Xarek
5th Feb 2010, 06:57
Hi,

I am having the following issue. After playing with no problems til 33% completion and PhysX on, I am suddenly having crashes in the eastwing corridor of the Arkham Mansion, right before facing Zsasz (no CTD or BSOD, just the standard crash that only a hard reset can fix). Audio does not crash. Turning off PhysX seems to fix this (though there is mild stuttering at instances). There are no overheating problems and I do not overclock.

Why the sudden PhysX problem when there were none before? Could the physx map files for this level suddenly become corrupted? How can I check? Do I need to reinstall the 1.1 patch on top of 1.1? (I never had the gordon bug and those files are ok btw).

This is under the Retail PC DVD Version of BatmanAA. Ver: 1.1
Appreciate the input anyone can give. Thanks.

Specs:
Windows XP Pro SP3
Gygabyte GA-P35-DS3P
Core2Duo E6750 2.66ghz
Evga Nvidia GTX260 Core 216
Soundblaster Audigy4
Kingston HyperX 3gb RAM
Drivers:
Nvidia Driver 196.21
Soundblaster driver 2.18.0011
Latest GFW live client

deders
5th Feb 2010, 09:31
normally if a physx file is corrupted or missing you will get an error message, but it's often hard to see that message because the game is in the way. You can easliy re-install thw 1.1 patch over the old 1.1 patch as all it does is copy files. If that doesn't work then you could try and reinstall the whole game.

for the record my Physx/maps folder has 71 files in 8 folders. this may or may not include an extra file i had to download for a later level.

Xarek
6th Feb 2010, 21:10
Reinstalling 1.1 patch over 1.1 fixed it. Is it the PhysX implementation or the patcher exe?