PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES My Opinion on Vampires Health Regeneration

SlurWin
7th Mar 2014, 13:11
First let me start by saying I really like the game, keep up the good work guys !

Shooting Vampires at range does very little to benefit the hunters as the vampires can take cover and regenerate a portion of their health. Also they can get on top on buildings to hide where a Hunter is not able to get an angle to shoot at the Vampire. Hunters on the other hand have to find health stations and only get one fill up once and it changes spots, and when in the heat of battle is hard to get to before getting attacked again.

In my opinion the vampires have too much opportunity to regain full health on a consistent basis compared to a hunter. If a Hunter wins a skirmish and is left with low health they have little chance to re up there HP before being attacked again by the much faster vampires.

I think the health regeneration of vampires will eventually slow down gameplay, as wounded Vampires will find "safe" spots where they are out of range in order to regen health. And with the ability to get majority of HP back by feasting on Hunters bodies and being able to regenerate health. I believe the regeneratoin is a little too much of an advantage on the vampires side. Just my opinion from the games I've been in.

Diexna
7th Mar 2014, 14:04
You make a sound point, but in reality it doesn't work like that.

The regen is mostly meant to brush off any stray arrows that hit you before properly engaging, not to just sit on a roof and lurk all day. It is a limited regen as it is anyway.

Not to mention the devs said that the Vampires have 50.5% winrate. It can't be that big of a deal then, can it?

RainaAudron
7th Mar 2014, 14:18
Vampires have slight limited regen and feeding on a corpse always poses a risk of being shot by the humans. I think it´s pretty balanced as it is.

In Beta, a good human team can win or at least tie with vampires.

hirukaru
7th Mar 2014, 14:28
Vampires have slight limited regen and feeding on a corpse always poses a risk of being shot by the humans. I think it´s pretty balanced as it is.

In Beta, a good human team can win or at least tie with vampires.

In closed alpha at the time I was still able to play, we also seen that the better humans play together the higher the chance is of winning. the 50,5% was from the whole alpha. I think if we look at the final weeks of alpha the humans had a higher win rate.
So it is pretty balanced and all depends on team work.

The regen takes x seconds before going into effect and to get into effect the vampire must not take any damage els it is delayed.
Next to that it is regen over time and limited to a certain amount.

Where humans can walk to the healing stations and can heal constantly (just walk from health to health station)

Razaiim
7th Mar 2014, 16:29
I believe vampires can only regen 25% of their maximum health, can can't go past their last regen point (if a vampire has 650 hp. and takes 80 damage, they can't heal past 650, even though 25%of 1050 is about 212 hp

JanusDominus
7th Mar 2014, 16:31
Vampires never regen full of their health, only a portion. To regain all the health they need to feed and they are very vulnerable while feeding. I'd argue that humans have better chances of safely getting full health back than vamps.

Razaiim
7th Mar 2014, 16:39
Vampires never regen full of their health, only a portion. To regain all the health they need to feed and they are very vulnerable while feeding. I'd argue that humans have better chances of safely getting full health back than vamps.
Especially when you factor in that many human players kaimkaze run to interrupt you while feeding, and then just get mauled by the three other vampires.

Omhxyz
7th Mar 2014, 19:19
Pretty sure the regen CAN go past the last regen point, i usually try to get shot by hunters from long range when im really low just to regen a bit more afterwards and as a human i try to not shoot at low hp vampires at range unless i can take them below the regen point.

While its weird, i still find it balanced as this is a rare and extremely risky case as its hard to get attention of a single hunter from range and not the scouts.

Korevas
7th Mar 2014, 19:53
It's fine as it is. Without it, stray shots taken at a distance would be far too punishing for the vampire, as they'd have no other option as to go into the fight with very little chances to win.