PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Graphics optimisation

allpowerfulone
6th Mar 2014, 15:32
Lower graphics settings needed. Me and my friend have a rather up to date gaming rig but are unable to handle the game even on low graphics settings. Is it possible to get a lower graphics setting in the future?

RainaAudron
6th Mar 2014, 15:47
Do you fulfill the requirements? After the beta update they have provided more settings in the graphic setup and also optimized the maps which should give you the boost in fps. Make sure you check all the graphics settings (did you turn the v-sync off?).

xheadshotxpain
6th Aug 2014, 07:34
According to the games system requirements i should be able to run this game smoothly, but i never crack over 20fps. i was doing some testing on different builds and only 1 failed.

SPECS:
AMD Quad-Core A4-5000
AMD Radeon™ HD8330
6Gb DDR3 L memory

this build should do "ok" But it Does Very Poorly.
i have noticed many cases of this problem over the internet. i look forward to playing this game on this system. If you are Experiencing issues post your system info below.

RainaAudron
6th Aug 2014, 09:15
Do you have an integrated graphics card by chance as well?

FireWorks_
6th Aug 2014, 10:42
No APU joy til directx11 support of the game, sorry.

xheadshotxpain
6th Aug 2014, 13:43
Nope, it is not integrated

PencileyePirate
6th Aug 2014, 15:04
Getting pretty silly FPS drops with the latest patch ... from 60s down to sub-20s, and then back again. They last anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes, and are *sometimes* triggered by temporarily minimizing or shifting focus from the game window (via dual monitor + borderless windowed mode.) Other times they occur completely randomly.

Specs: i5-3400 @ 3.1GHz + 8GB + GTX 560.

FireWorks_
6th Aug 2014, 15:22
Sorry but I doubt youll ever hit anything over 20fps with an APU alone until the game supports dx11.

LotusBlades
6th Aug 2014, 15:33
Windows-7, core quad 3000, 4GB ram, 2 GB video GT640.

Graphics options dosn't change lag, regradless of min or medium and slight more lag on max. Game has 26-32 FPS in most cases and drops to 15-20 when i enter AoE spells (poison bomb, healing mist, fog, fire wall, or 2+ alchemists AoE bombs at one).

It does improve a little bit if i turn on RazerGameBooster(free), about 20%-30% less lag. During the boost, some areas FPS is 35-52 (for example: when you look into some walls or running inside houses, or no enemies around).

Tefached
10th Aug 2014, 11:56
Hey guys, I have a quick question. I know the game is still in beta, but are there going to be some significant optimization efforts in the (near) future? I'm currently running the game on the following system;

Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @2.4 GHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 4890 OC 1GB Edition
2 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

Now I know my PC isn't stellar, no need to remind me. But I'm playing on lowest settings and I still get only about 20 FPS on 720p when things get heated, which makes it nigh-unplayable. My GPU isn't awesome, but is it SO bad that it can't pull off a steady 30 on lowest settings in Nosgoth?

Before you mention it, the ridiculously low amount of RAM would only affect the stuttering in the game, which I see next to none, so it doesn't really bother me.

What I would like to see are at least two graphical sliders available; particle density/quality and shadows.

So yeah, feel free to insult me and go on how your R9 or GTX 780 can max it on constant 60. I'm just asking if there will be more optimization, or should I just drop the game?

Number39
10th Aug 2014, 19:53
Here are my specs. They are not the most beautiful combination of letters and numbers you've ever seen, but it can run a lot of other games pretty well that require quite a bit out of a machine. Like Warframe and Fallout and Garry's Mod running a giant NPC war with script errors and what have you.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz
Video Card 1 NVIDIA GeForce 310M
Video Card 2 Intel(R) HD Graphics
Memory 3.9 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

As soon as I booted up this game in the tutorial it was around 3 FPS, turned the graphics to "low" and it was then resting at around a whopping 4 FPS. It was very difficult to shoot the dummies or use my abilities, also the tutorial battle was basically unbeatable. I shut my laptop completely down, took a shower, booted it back up, waited a few minutes, turned everything back on: still the same unplayable 4 FPS or so. I went in and set everything to the lowest options and turned all the bells and whistles off for a "custom" setting, and viola! 7 FPS... Well, I was able to beat the tutorial battle, after dying and barely killing him the second time with some number under 100 hp. Don't tell me to "git gud" because the crosshair was unbearably frustrating to focus and he was often jumpier than the screen. Then I struggled to barely get across that bridge as the vampire. (Seriously, make that gap shorter by an inch and we're golden.) When I finally got over there, it was hard as hell to aim anything again, then I died the customary 1 time before finally getting him. But I had to execute him. Oh goodie, how easy, right? Nope, as soon as I hold down E over his ragdoll in the corner where I initially knocked him, boom, I'm one with the wall. The wall told me its secrets, it sounded something like repeating game music and buttons being mashed spastically. On the plus side it made me look pretty cool floating in this position that looked like I was on the lat machine at the gym.

Also, the thing I'm typing into before I hit "submit new thread" is also bugged. If you press the right directional pad at the end of what you're typing, it moves the whole text box deal to the left each time. I'm scared to check for an invisible space I may have left at the end of a line for fear of what I'm typing also becoming one with the wall.
No sarcasm intended, I love betas.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that the background effects on the main menu also have very low FPS, or so it appears.

Oh, and TL;DR: FPS so low it's barely playable, but my computer doesn't suck, that bad. Make gap in bridge on vampire tutorial shorter. I got stuck in the wall trying to execute someone. And the text box moves to the left when I hit the right dpad button.

Edalb_tsal
10th Aug 2014, 23:57
i got only slightly better computer gear and im maxing out at 8 fps. but like u i can play warframe and even TF2 just fine. and when i set the graphics to thier lowest setting they dont really change anything ecept the menu size. so at lowest graphic my setting windows and such get tiny but nothing changes for gameplay.

OnlyLogic
11th Aug 2014, 03:29
Hi Tefached,

I'd love to be able to speak for the devs, but I can't. I will say, however, that there SHOULD be some extensive optimisation, mainly on the TCP/IP end but also partly on the hardware specs end. Having said that, I'm not sure if any optimisation will cover your PC, unfortunately. I'm also certain there will be advanced graphical settings in the future. Try disabling background processes using a game booster in the meantime!

Exiled998
11th Aug 2014, 03:51
this game either need some serious graphics optimization or some heavy network optimization (not like i dont have problems too)