PDA

View Full Version : What we know so far

Falkenwut
25th Jan 2010, 19:58
Ok peeps, despite what we know so far, I just wish to put everything on order on 1 possible post. Please guys correct me where I'm wrong and IOI please deny or confirm what I know: (note this is not a Q&A, this is an info, I'll fix it if there's any problems)

-> Main character is Lynch (deal with it Kane lovers :P) Unless you play Co-op mode Online (LAN mode not availabe on ps3) or Offline (split-Screen).
-> Shaky webcam screen effects which can be toggled for people who have encounter motion sickness (like myself)
-> The story will occur in Shanghai over a period of approximately 2 days and 2 nights
-> *Both endings in Dead men are possibly true... *Jenny is still alive
-> Fragile Alliance included again
-> Lynch has a chinese *wife / girlfriend (unclear so far)
-> Cover system will be assgined to a button (like gears of war)
-> Lynch's boss is a British gangster called Glazer
-> weapons known so far: http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Kane_%26_Lynch_2:_Dog_Days
-> There is a NSFW level
-> There will be Dogs
-> No tactical squad commanding
-> *fixed Glacier engine
-> No grenades but can use obstacles which go boom (like extinguishers)
-> Close-quarters combat including melee combat
-> *PLEASE LET THERE BE EASTER EGGS :D
-> Minimal ammounts of music (Jesper Kyd NOT returning)
-> Linear gameplay

That's all I know so far... I will edit it if there's anything new or that I don't know Please post what you guys know

* Wherever there's an asterix, it means I'm not sure, or at least I need confirmation from IOI or guys who know if they are true or false

>> Events take place AFTER the events of the first game.

>> Entire game takes place over 2 days and 2 nights in Shanghai

>> There will most likely be a Steam release: http://store.steampowered.com/app/28000/

>> IOInteractive is saying Q2 for a release date.

>> The cover system has been reworked/fixed

>> Will use Xbox Live / Games for Windows Live again. Probably achievements.

>> Lynch is working with a crew of british guys trying to make it big in Shanghai

>> Kane's daughter Jenny is alive and Kane's motivation for helping Lynch is to make money to give her "the life she deserves" - IOInteractive says both endings form the first game are legitimate and would have led to this point.

>> There will be a down but not dead system, in which you can crawl around and shoot.

>> Lots of destructible objects and walls.

>> Enemy AI is a priority, although at least one reviewer has described it as still fairly dumb.

>> The ending has been described in an interview as "a cliffhanger"

>> Lynch has a chinese girlfriend Xiu (Also note that Kane supposedly had a relationship with Yoko, a japanese girl) <-- I think these two guys have a thing for asian women.

>> If you read the manuals and such, you'll learn that Lynch is actually older than Kane. Kane was born August 27th, 1969 - Lynch was born January 12th, 1966

>> Kane's "The7" tattoo has so far not been visible on any screenshots to date.

>> Lynch's "condition" will make a return and present the player with new challenges. The teaser trailer confirms that Lynch still takes pills for his condition.

>> Kane can be seen in various states of shaven-ness and hair length in several shots. In the trailer his hair is quite long, but his beard not so much. In other shots, his beard is quite grown but his hair short. In the first teaser trailer, in the diner, it appears that Kane is both shaven and has short hair. Lynch has the most constant look about him.

>> Kane seems to be the most formally dressed in every shot. Collared shirts and ties being worn in almost every shot. Lynch seems to be wearing a sleeveless shirt through most screenshots. Neither man is shown wearing a kevlar vest of any kind, except for Kane in the official trailer.

>> In several shots and in the first game, Kane's right eye is often milky white. In the trailer of Kane & Lynch 2, Kane's eye is not milky white. It's unsure whether or not he can see out of his right eye, although I'm going to guess that he can (if only in a limited way)

>> Lynch has an affinity for shotguns, and is seen carrying several different types of both automatic and pump-action shotguns. Kane's trademark SIG assault rifle is also back. It's unlikely that Kane's HK USP handgun will return.

>> Joining an online co-op can only be done before or in-between levels. You cannot join (and I assume re-join if you're disconnected) in the middle of a chapter or level.

>> There will be many new online gametypes, in addition to Fragile Alliance. Fragile Alliance has been expanded to include undercover cops.

>> There will be copius amounts of swearing. In an interview it was hinted that they made somewhat of an effort to keep the swearing from being silly.

>> There is allegedly a level in which Kane & Lynch go through entirely naked. It was said that they were ambushed by gangsters, supposedly, and were about to be sodomized. (hence why they are naked)

>> Lynch's "boss" in Shanghai is a man named Glazer.

>> The story revolves around a weapon's deal to africa that goes horribly wrong.

Brackstone17
25th Jan 2010, 20:26
Good job. About the easter eggs, I believe they are using Mr. 47 and mini ninjas on dvd covers in the game.

Kent-45
25th Jan 2010, 20:49
>> Events take place AFTER the events of the first game.

>> Entire game takes place over 2 days and 2 nights in Shanghai

>> There will most likely be a Steam release: http://store.steampowered.com/app/28000/

>> IOInteractive is saying Q2 for a release date.

>> The cover system has been reworked/fixed

>> Will use Xbox Live / Games for Windows Live again. Probably achievements.

>> Lynch is working with a crew of british guys trying to make it big in Shanghai

>> Kane's daughter Jenny is alive and Kane's motivation for helping Lynch is to make money to give her "the life she deserves" - IOInteractive says both endings form the first game are legitimate and would have led to this point.

>> There will be a down but not dead system, in which you can crawl around and shoot.

>> Lots of destructible objects and walls.

>> Enemy AI is a priority, although at least one reviewer has described it as still fairly dumb.

>> The ending has been described in an interview as "a cliffhanger"

>> Lynch has a chinese girlfriend Xiu (Also note that Kane supposedly had a relationship with Yoko, a japanese girl) <-- I think these two guys have a thing for asian women.

>> If you read the manuals and such, you'll learn that Lynch is actually older than Kane. Kane was born August 27th, 1969 - Lynch was born January 12th, 1966

>> Kane's "The7" tattoo has so far not been visible on any screenshots to date.

>> Lynch's "condition" will make a return and present the player with new challenges. The teaser trailer confirms that Lynch still takes pills for his condition.

>> Kane can be seen in various states of shaven-ness and hair length in several shots. In the trailer his hair is quite long, but his beard not so much. In other shots, his beard is quite grown but his hair short. In the first teaser trailer, in the diner, it appears that Kane is both shaven and has short hair. Lynch has the most constant look about him.

>> Kane seems to be the most formally dressed in every shot. Collared shirts and ties being worn in almost every shot. Lynch seems to be wearing a sleeveless shirt through most screenshots. Neither man is shown wearing a kevlar vest of any kind, except for Kane in the official trailer.

>> In several shots and in the first game, Kane's right eye is often milky white. In the trailer of Kane & Lynch 2, Kane's eye is not milky white. It's unsure whether or not he can see out of his right eye, although I'm going to guess that he can (if only in a limited way)

>> Lynch has an affinity for shotguns, and is seen carrying several different types of both automatic and pump-action shotguns. Kane's trademark SIG assault rifle is also back. It's unlikely that Kane's HK USP handgun will return.

>> Joining an online co-op can only be done before or in-between levels. You cannot join (and I assume re-join if you're disconnected) in the middle of a chapter or level.

>> There will be many new online gametypes, in addition to Fragile Alliance. Fragile Alliance has been expanded to include undercover cops.

>> There will be copius amounts of swearing. In an interview it was hinted that they made somewhat of an effort to keep the swearing from being silly.

>> There is allegedly a level in which Kane & Lynch go through entirely naked. It was said that they were ambushed by gangsters, supposedly, and were about to be sodomized. (hence why they are naked)

>> Lynch's "boss" in Shanghai is a man named Glazer.

>> The story revolves around a weapon's deal to africa that goes horribly wrong.

Falkenwut
25th Jan 2010, 22:08
thanks Kent, Gonna put your post with mine.

Unpaid Intern
25th Jan 2010, 23:55
-> weapons known so far: http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Kane_%26_Lynch_2:_Dog_Days

Damn, it's soo cool that someone actually compiled this list.

Bevacur
26th Jan 2010, 12:32
Damn, it's soo cool that someone actually compiled this list.

Link does not work for me :(

What make's me wonder is why would anyone want to sodomize two 40yr olds? I can understand Kane & Lynch being humiliated, but be sodomize maybe by a gang?

Bionicicide
26th Jan 2010, 14:56
Improvised grenades sounds fine, so long as they copy Uncharted 2: Among Thieves' propane toss where it shows an arc of its destination and when it's in the air the game auto-tracks so the first bullet you pull will always hit it before it hits the ground.

Unpaid Intern
26th Jan 2010, 18:16
What make's me wonder is why would anyone want to sodomize two 40yr olds? I can understand Kane & Lynch being humiliated, but be sodomize maybe by a gang?

I don't think that the sodomy part should be on the list of 'knowns' because it's just a rumor originating from an unnamed source.

Nick@IO
27th Jan 2010, 08:19
I don't think that the sodomy part should be on the list of 'knowns' because it's just a rumor originating from an unnamed source.

Don't trust rumors, folks!

Kent-45
27th Jan 2010, 18:24
Don't trust rumors, folks!

The tipster that gave Kotaku this "rumor" is a reliable tipster for them, and Kotaku wouldn't have posted it if they didn't have faith in the information this tipster provided so...

If it's good enough for Kotaku, it's good enough for me. I will not take it off the list. If a mod wants to, that's their prerogative

Falkenwut
27th Jan 2010, 18:55
Well the rumour came from a reliable source... I'm presuming a NSFW level will be involved.. or AT LEAST a level with indecent exposure... Maybe the part about a guy trying to sodomise kane and lynch maybe a little off... but you never know!

Unpaid Intern
27th Jan 2010, 21:26
Nick > unnamed source :D

Kent-45
27th Jan 2010, 22:39
Oh I'm sorry did Nick confirm or deny anything?

Falkenwut
27th Jan 2010, 23:47
Agreed.. nick didn't confirm or deny anything so far... best we wait for the new website.. hopefully some stuff will be cleared up xD

Nick@IO
28th Jan 2010, 08:11
Agreed.. nick didn't confirm or deny anything so far... best we wait for the new website.. hopefully some stuff will be cleared up xD

Well, let's not give the new website too much credit or expect too much from it. You'll get lovely news articles in blog-form and fun facts about the game, maybe some exclusive footage, loads of screens, nice wallpapers and all that jazz (including some great stuff for Fragile Alliance folks) but it will all be released so over the course of the entire campaign. It's not like marketing is going to allow me to just reveal everything in one go, sadly.

Also, some things are best left unspoken...

Kent-45
28th Jan 2010, 16:03
I guess my memory must be really bad because I would have sworn that I heard it said that the new site would be up by "the end of the month"... I guess I am horribly mistaken.

Acid_Burn
28th Jan 2010, 17:18
My mistake :( Sorry about that.

Bevacur
28th Jan 2010, 17:19
On the new website, will their be a webkit?

Acid_Burn
28th Jan 2010, 17:44
Yes. For sure. Nick is trying to make it right now.

Nick@IO
29th Jan 2010, 14:48
On the new website, will their be a webkit?

I'm gathering resources as we speak. Anything specific you need? I can't promise to get anything super exclusive but you can ask and I'll work to get it.

Morphilms
30th Jan 2010, 11:06
I'm gathering resources as we speak. Anything specific you need? I can't promise to get anything super exclusive but you can ask and I'll work to get it.

Yeah could you get me Jesper Kyd's number so I can hit him for not doing the soundtrack to this game... or barring that a few screenshots of the game during the day unless every level is played at night... which would kind of suck.

ohitspatty
30th Jan 2010, 13:14

I would love to see some of the storyboards and maybe some concept arts. I really enjoy the ones from last game.

GrievousOdyssey
16th Mar 2010, 21:28
Bumping this , you know why ...

Anywya , instead of worrying for a new website , why isn't there a fresh wallpaper on the top of this forum yet ? that's outrageous ! ...

PS : Damn , nearly forgot the game will have a 'cliffhanger' type ending ... hope for the best ...