PDA

View Full Version : BSOD!! Random crashes?

Daniel Joy
23rd Jan 2010, 11:38
i get the following BSOD:

the video memory manager has encountered an unexpected fatal error.If this is the first time youve seen this stop error screen restart your computer.. if this screen appears again follow these steps:

check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed if this is a new installation ask you hardware of sofware manufacturer for any window updates you might need if problems continue. Disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer. Press f8 to select advanced star up options `and then select safe mode.

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000010E (0x0000000000000020, 0xFFFFF8A0014FAE50, 0X0000000000000000, 0X000000000000000)

Details:
v 1.1 of game
window7 64 bit
geforce 295 with latest drivers (just reloaded them)
i7920
asus rampage extreme II with latest drivers
6gb ram
Lan Li full tower case with lots of air flo -4 case fans

The crash happens most of the time after a death when the joker is taunting you. Any ideas?

trancer-necromancer
23rd Jan 2010, 12:20
The crash happens most of the time after a death when the joker is taunting you. Any ideas?in my case it crashed the game, not the whole comp. but on vista 32. it could be because your gfx card is sharing irq with another device perhaps? i thought windows 7 64 bit was robust and stuff about bsod's, guess not.

LIGHTS
23rd Jan 2010, 19:34
How often do you get BSOD's?

Scarn
23rd Jan 2010, 20:12
i get the following BSOD:

the video memory manager has encountered an unexpected fatal error.If this is the first time youve seen this stop error screen restart your computer.. if this screen appears again follow these steps:

check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed if this is a new installation ask you hardware of sofware manufacturer for any window updates you might need if problems continue. Disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer. Press f8 to select advanced star up options `and then select safe mode.

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000010E (0x0000000000000020, 0xFFFFF8A0014FAE50, 0X0000000000000000, 0X000000000000000)

Details:
v 1.1 of game
window7 64 bit
geforce 295 with latest drivers (just reloaded them)
i7920
asus rampage extreme II with latest drivers
6gb ram
Lan Li full tower case with lots of air flo -4 case fans

The crash happens most of the time after a death when the joker is taunting you. Any ideas?

i had the same problem man just download this trust me it works
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95980

Daniel Joy
23rd Jan 2010, 21:38
not that often. maybe every 30 min to an hour of gameplay...

Daniel Joy
23rd Jan 2010, 21:40
in my case it crashed the game, not the whole comp. but on vista 32. it could be because your gfx card is sharing irq with another device perhaps? i thought windows 7 64 bit was robust and stuff about bsod's, guess not.

no device conflicts that i can see on device manager.... it definatly takes out the whole computer.... 7 was great untill i started running this game....

Daniel Joy
23rd Jan 2010, 21:41
i had the same problem man just download this trust me it works
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95980

that is for windows XP 64 bit! thanks for the advice- but i dont think it would even install on 7. do you have it installed on windows7?

Scarn
23rd Jan 2010, 22:33
that is for windows XP 64 bit! thanks for the advice- but i dont think it would even install on 7. do you have it installed on windows7?

yes i'm useing windows 7 and it installed

Daniel Joy
24th Jan 2010, 09:17
ok- i got the game running a bit better today. turns out the game was nearly filling my 6gb of ram (im running 1080p and max AA and settings plus 3d vision) and the windows error in the background would cause the game to crash usually taking the whole system with it. i dont have a paging file for performance. ive had this happen in crysis too- but never has it taken out the system. so i installed 12gb total and the game ran all day without crashing! cool! i had my little brother testing it out for like 4 hours.

however there is another problem with this game- after you close the game there is 5 gb in use memory that cannot be accounted for under device manager. i think there is a memory leak. there is like at least 5 gb on non paged data unaccounted for. every time i load batman it gets closer to filling the system up. i did some testing with other games and apps- i practically loaded everything in the computer and then closed the apps- no leak with the system. tried games like crysis and many others and they do not leak either! its not that big of a deal- a simple reboot fixes the problem but it is kinda annoying. anyone else seeing this issue? could my game files be corrupted? its really interesting that this is the only program i could find that would leak out into the memory. maybe i need to play for a while- but i doubt it because playing for only a minute in batman and then closing it down results in 5gb of unaccounted ram use!

cyborg34572
24th Jan 2010, 17:50
ok- i got the game running a bit better today. turns out the game was nearly filling my 6gb of ram (im running 1080p and max AA and settings plus 3d vision) and the windows error in the background would cause the game to crash usually taking the whole system with it. i dont have a paging file for performance. ive had this happen in crysis too- but never has it taken out the system. so i installed 12gb total and the game ran all day without crashing! cool! i had my little brother testing it out for like 4 hours.

however there is another problem with this game- after you close the game there is 5 gb in use memory that cannot be accounted for under device manager. i think there is a memory leak. there is like at least 5 gb on non paged data unaccounted for. every time i load batman it gets closer to filling the system up. i did some testing with other games and apps- i practically loaded everything in the computer and then closed the apps- no leak with the system. tried games like crysis and many others and they do not leak either! its not that big of a deal- a simple reboot fixes the problem but it is kinda annoying. anyone else seeing this issue? could my game files be corrupted? its really interesting that this is the only program i could find that would leak out into the memory. maybe i need to play for a while- but i doubt it because playing for only a minute in batman and then closing it down results in 5gb of unaccounted ram use!

The game was using all ur ram?. Thats impossible, no application right now uses that much ram. Check if u have defective ram sticks or something.
Also set ur pagefile higher. Remember pagefile/virtual ram uses HDD space so make sure u have alot of space or else ud get the low virtual ram error in the background.

Daniel Joy
24th Jan 2010, 19:51
it is possible if you game at 1920x1080 with all settings maxed out and 16x AA and 3d vision with geforce sli. crysis uses most of the ram also. do a search if you dont believe me- i was surprised when i first found this out for myself. i dont use a paging file because unused ram is wasted ram. nothing loads faster than ddr3 at 2ghz- my SSD's cant even come close and they are in RAID0! if you want a slower computer use a paging file....and small amounts of RAM

but that does not matter now because i upgraded from 6gb to 12 gb- so its not using all the ram anymore. the problem is there is a memory leak! i have 4-5gb of ram that is unaccounted for- after i close batman- a total of 7 or 8gb (i cant remember the exact numbers this second but thats close) of ram is in use! nothing in task manager accounts for the used memory- every other game and program works fine exept batman. so its something to do with this game or the drivers it uses. when i load the system im only using 1.4 gb..

i did test the memory just in case like you suggested... memtest passed ok no errors
thanks for the input

cyborg34572
24th Jan 2010, 20:03
Pagefile is basicaly what windows will run on when ur games use all ur available ram.
If there is no available pagefile/virtualmem for windows while an application is using all available ram, windows will crash. Thats why u should consider setting up a pagefile/virtual memory.

Thats probably why it was crashing in the first place.
All ur ram was being used by the game and none left for windows, because u have no pagefile or virtual mem.
Now that uve added 12 gb, there is some left for windows, stopping it from crashing

Daniel Joy
25th Jan 2010, 08:06
Exactly! but now i have this memory leak thing...