I am kane
23rd Jan 2010, 09:57
The wait is driving me insane!!:mad2::lmao::nut:

dark_angel_7
23rd Jan 2010, 10:44
Patience padawan. Believe, you must. :D

I am kane
23rd Jan 2010, 10:48
Patience padawan. Believe, you must. :DIm starting to get really ******* impatient excuse my language u cant keep fellow mercs waiting this long!:mad2:

Acid_Burn
23rd Jan 2010, 13:57
You'll be rewarded for your patience. :) New site rocks!

Nick@IO
23rd Jan 2010, 14:29
Yeah, it's getting pretty sweet, guys. Just a liiiiitle longer.

Falkenwut
23rd Jan 2010, 16:51
Can't wait xD .. hope there's gameplay footage! The pics aren't enough to quench our lust for close combat xD

Quick question: will there be Dev diaries later on?

I am kane
23rd Jan 2010, 20:20
Will it at least be in the month of january

Bevacur
23rd Jan 2010, 20:50
Well i just got my copy of Mass Effect 2 so that would keep me busy untill the new website is up :D

Oh and getting Dante's Inferno in 2 weeks :o

Falkenwut
23rd Jan 2010, 22:18
In my case Dark Void's on the way... waiting abit for Mass Effect 2.... Too bad Dante's Inferno is not a PC game *cries*
oh well... let's wait for K&L2's release! would even do a timer loll.

Bawabus
23rd Jan 2010, 23:02
The lack of information on anything concerning this game is kind of depressing.

Acid_Burn
24th Jan 2010, 00:54
The lack? Are you kidding?
There's a LOT of different previews.

I am kane
24th Jan 2010, 01:20
The lack? Are you kidding?
There's a LOT of different previews.BUt all the previews keep giving us the SAME ****!:eek:

Bawabus
24th Jan 2010, 08:36
Indeed, the many different previews all said the same things; and worse, those things they all said we already knew about from press releases.

Unique visual style.
Improved cover system.
Down not Dead system.
Lynch is main character.
Destructible environments.

I didn't need eight previews to tell me that these things were in the game, because I already knew.

Unpaid Intern
24th Jan 2010, 11:13
News never comes fast enough for hardcore fans who google K&L : Dog Days everyday to see what new article or media has popped out but marketing campaigns are geared towards the general public, who aren't nearly as avid.

If marketing gave the hardcore fans some new material every couple of days, there would be precious few surprises left come release time. Can't have your cake and eat it too - isn't this kind of obvious?

Kent-45
24th Jan 2010, 16:33
If marketing gave the hardcore fans some new material every couple of days, there would be precious few surprises left come release time. Can't have your cake and eat it too - isn't this kind of obvious?

You're absolutely right, they don't need to release information on a regular basis and keep people interested since the original game was so well-polished and well-received. You're absolutely right, what were we all thinking expecting so much. I feel sorry that they even released a teaser trailer now. IOInteractive could you please take that teaser trailer down, I feel like my surprises are being ruined by knowing anything about this game whatsover. Please just take it all down. I want to live in an underground bunker until the release date and know absolutely nothing going into the game. Please and thank you.

I am kane
24th Jan 2010, 16:40
You're absolutely right, they don't need to release information on a regular basis and keep people interested since the original game was so well-polished and well-received. You're absolutely right, what were we all thinking expecting so much. I feel sorry that they even released a teaser trailer now. IOInteractive could you please take that teaser trailer down, I feel like my surprises are being ruined by knowing anything about this game whatsover. Please just take it all down. I want to live in an underground bunker until the release date and know absolutely nothing going into the game. Please and thank you. speak for ur self man i want to see gameplay footage after reading destructoids preview

Bawabus
25th Jan 2010, 07:29
I am Kane, I believe Kent-45 was employing the services of "sarcasm" when he wrote that.

I've always felt that trickled information is the best way to build excitement for your game--unless the game is bad and/or shallow. I'm patient; I have no problem waiting for information, but dudes at IOI have some stuff to prove to me before I'm going to support them with my money. They can't expect to be able to ride people on a pre-release hype wave for a game that's a sequel to a mediocre game.

Nick@IO
25th Jan 2010, 08:05
Staggering information is pretty much how it's done these days in terms of PR and marketing. There will be much more information on the game soon and while I can appreciate you're impatient (hell, secretly I'm loving that you are because that tells me you like what you see and want to know more), the wheels do turn at a set pace and there's not much to do about that.

The new website will be up soon, it will be nice, you will get more assets as we get closer to release but you will not get it all in one go. Steady as she goes, as the song says.

Thanks for being enthusiastic. Keep that up!

TheMoD
25th Jan 2010, 14:29
Actually I wouldn't mind not getting any information at all from now on. K&L2 is the one game I KNOW I'm gonna buy I don't need more information, and every bit of information actually spoils the experience by a small degree. If I could restrain myself I wouldn't even look at all the screenshots, previews etc. But I can'T! >:(
Just imagine not knowing anything about the game, not even it's visual style, we'd probably all be blown away from the very second we start the game. So from now on I am at least gonna try not to get every single tiny bit of information about the game.

Falkenwut
25th Jan 2010, 15:01
Let's hope everything's revealed :)

Kent-45
25th Jan 2010, 15:15
I'm the kind of person that could read the entire screenplay of a movie before seeing it, then go see the movie and enjoy it. That's just how I am. It's not the story that captivates me, it's the presentation... the experience... Just knowing what's gonna happen doesn't change anything.

I am kane
25th Jan 2010, 21:26
Staggering information is pretty much how it's done these days in terms of PR and marketing. There will be much more information on the game soon and while I can appreciate you're impatient (hell, secretly I'm loving that you are because that tells me you like what you see and want to know more), the wheels do turn at a set pace and there's not much to do about that.

The new website will be up soon, it will be nice, you will get more assets as we get closer to release but you will not get it all in one go. Steady as she goes, as the song says.

Thanks for being enthusiastic. Keep that up!Nick i do like what i have seen so far. but kane and lynch dead men was in fact an underwhelming game in my opinion. so thats why i would like to see gameplay footage just to have some idea of what i can expect when i buy the game. also what the ******* is WITH NO PS3 CO OP online support??

Falkenwut
25th Jan 2010, 22:06
Just to keep you updated I am Kane
PS3 won't have LAN co-op.. It WILL have online Co-op

Kent-45
25th Jan 2010, 22:09
I would bet money that the PS3 has online co-op. It seems totally illogical for it not to have it. I think we just need to use common sense here.

Falkenwut
25th Jan 2010, 22:12
Well for some reason mini ninjas didn't have co-op BUT the DS version did... just pointing it out...

Kent-45
25th Jan 2010, 22:18
Well for some reason mini ninjas didn't have co-op BUT the DS version did... just pointing it out...

I never played Mini-Ninjas... I missed getting it during the big Steam sale over the holidays, and I'm still kicking myself over it. I'm hoping they bundle Kane & Lynch w/ Kane & Lynch 2 on Steam so that I can get both games on my gaming notebook when I get it.

and to respond to Nick... I think the Kane & Lynch crowd are some of the most die-hard crazy people you'll ever meet. The first game basically filtered out all the posers and pretenders, and now all you have is 100% pure-grade fanatics who love Kane & Lynch. That said... it doesn't suprise me that there are probably only like 20-30 active people on this forum.

Unpaid Intern
25th Jan 2010, 23:48
sarcasm bomb

Come on dude.. I never suggested that stonewalling the fans till release was the way to go. :hmm:

Do you really want to see 300 screens covering every corner of every level, the complete story and hours of gameplay footage before the game is even out? ..because that's what would happen if the publisher releases new stuff every two days until release.

Nick@IO
26th Jan 2010, 12:06

DS version of Mini Ninjas was not developed in-house and was done using a very different technology and with gameplay variations that allowed for better use of multiplayer. The DS version had deatchmatch, not coop, as far as I recall.

UhUh
26th Jan 2010, 12:24
DS version of Mini Ninjas was not developed in-house and was done using a very different technology and with gameplay variations that allowed for better use of multiplayer. The DS version had deatchmatch, not coop, as far as I recall.

Yes, there was deathmatch :)
and since we're talking mini ninjas, could you see if there's an answer to my question on the forum? :D

Nick@IO
26th Jan 2010, 13:23
Yes, there was deathmatch :)
and since we're talking mini ninjas, could you see if there's an answer to my question on the forum? :D

Check it out. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1258388&postcount=2)

UhUh
26th Jan 2010, 14:42
thanks!

Clamps
27th Jan 2010, 21:09
Its 2010, wheres my website? :confused:

Acid_Burn
27th Jan 2010, 22:46
2010 will last 337 days :D
Don't fret, the site will be awesome (it is now, but should be polished a little). You'll love it, as I did ;)

iCEQB
27th Jan 2010, 23:00
well you said this month :D
there is not much month left :D

TheMoD
27th Jan 2010, 23:13
Yea dude you're totally running outta month!

Bevacur
27th Jan 2010, 23:18
2010 will last 337 days :D
Don't fret, the site will be awesome (it is now, but should be polished a little). You'll love it, as I did ;)

Oh and i will give everyone free cash because i love you all.

Wow your very generous!
Cant wait for the new website!
I joke about the money part but really really excitied about some new video's!

Acid_Burn
27th Jan 2010, 23:57
Yea dude you're totally running outta month!
After Dead Men was released - you all were complaining thet the game is raw, have a lot of bug, and you didn't like it. :) So let the guys finish the site, polish it, make it perfect, so none of you could complain :D Even if they'll late for a week or two, right? ;)

Falkenwut
28th Jan 2010, 00:58
Personally I would prefer a flawed website or presentation over delayed content or release... speaking from personal experience...

So please IOI... DON'T DELAY THE GAME AFTER YOU SET A RELEASE DATE!!! PLEEEAAASSSEEEE!!!!!

Bawabus
28th Jan 2010, 02:31
Let them delay as much as they want. I don't care if the game comes out in 2011, as long as it ends up being the game they set out to make, and they're completely proud of it.

UhUh
28th Jan 2010, 08:01
A game is late for a little while, but a game sucks forever.

3Gabes

Nick@IO
28th Jan 2010, 08:03
Its 2010, wheres my website? :confused:

It's in my pocket and it's not coming out until it's ready!

Falkenwut
28th Jan 2010, 11:47
Well 3 days are left for january... I seriously hope we won't have to wait longer then that :( us hardcore fans are getting very restless! YEs.. i know.. we have to wait either way... just keep into consideration that we are dying to see more information! Even if it's a sentance.. it would help us out!

Nick@IO
28th Jan 2010, 11:52
The site is not going to go live in January, guys. I truly do appreciate your eagerness for new stuff but the information campaign is still in it's early stages. We will be releasing more on the game soon. Not in the next three days, though.

iCEQB
28th Jan 2010, 13:00
The site is not going to go live in January, guys. I truly do appreciate your eagerness for new stuff but the information campaign is still in it's early stages. We will be releasing more on the game soon. Not in the next three days, though.

http://s10b.directupload.net/images/100117/oby9rlc8.gif

Bevacur
28th Jan 2010, 17:11
http://s10b.directupload.net/images/100117/oby9rlc8.gif

That picture is amazing.
How you display pictures like that? When i try it just comes up with a link.

Unpaid Intern
28th Jan 2010, 18:30
I really thought the site was going up any day now... :(

Bawabus
29th Jan 2010, 06:10
So basically, we can't trust any dates given to us concerning when anything relating to the game Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days will be released. Gotcha. Dually Noted.

Bionicicide
29th Jan 2010, 08:22
What are you guys expecting from the website anyways? They got this forum here which is all I need.

Nick@IO
29th Jan 2010, 14:44
So basically, we can't trust any dates given to us concerning when anything relating to the game Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days will be released. Gotcha. Dually Noted.

I don't think we ever promised a new site in January. If we did, that was certainly a mistake.

JackGordon
29th Jan 2010, 15:07
You know, I'm really excited about this new website and the upcoming game but I actually don't mind waiting for another year (if that's what it takes) for you guys to fine-tune everything. Based on what I've read and seen so far, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days could very well turn out to be my game of the year.
So please, take all the time you need. Us fans can handle it. ;)

TheMoD
29th Jan 2010, 17:07
^what he said, also please don't release too much info on the game, there should be some surprises left

Bawabus
29th Jan 2010, 19:06
I don't think we ever promised a new site in January. If we did, that was certainly a mistake.

If I had any interest in going back through other older threads, I know I could find a few mentioning that the website would be going up after the holidays back in December, in 2010--there was even a thread when twenty aught ten came 'round and the site still wasn't up that asked about it. But you're right that it was never explicitly stated that the site would be up in January--there were a lot of, "in 2010"s and "it's coming soon"s. It's just the way things were being said made it sound like the thing was going up at some point around now.

It's not important, though--the site will be up when it's up. Maybe it'll be up tomorrow--I don't know.

Morphilms
30th Jan 2010, 10:55
I personally dont mind the wait, remember that Batman: Arkham Asylum got pushed back from it's initial release date and that game turned out pretty sweet.

Zidrien
9th Mar 2010, 00:04
Just be patient! It'll be something to look forward to! :)

Dr Klowneus
9th Mar 2010, 02:38
I dont know why people who didn't like the first one think that this is going to be awesome. It's still gonna be Kane and Lynch, it might have improvements but it's essentially more of the same. so it's kinda ironic that people are like, the first game sucked so bad, Damn I cant wait for the next one. I thought the first one was awesome, it had some clunky mechanics, but what game doesn't resident evil 5, Gta4 and Gears 1 and 2 all play like clunky heaps of junk, yet people love those games. back on topic, a fragile alliance trailer or screens would be most welcome round these parts