PDA

View Full Version : TOP 50 Closed Alpha Players and their extra keys

enngetsu
26th Feb 2014, 19:08
If anyone has a spare beta key i would be happy to trade for a wildstar or teso beta week key <3

Kainslegacy
26th Feb 2014, 19:46
I'd rather know how they ranked these people? I mean talespin being number one was predictable. I play with him too much to not have seen that coming. But i found like 5 people on it that i beat every time we play and im not on that list lol. (sorry, raging hard right now. Just need to vent.)

Diexna
26th Feb 2014, 19:48
How the hell did I get 28?

Seriously. What.

I even spent a number of games just running around recording abilities and stuff, completely ignoring my group while doing so. XD

hirukaru
26th Feb 2014, 19:49
How the hell did I get 28?

Seriously. What.

I even spent a number of games just running around recording abilities and stuff, completely ignoring my group while doing so. XD

Low game count = High rank
I think.
Lots of Inactive are in the list ;)

If I get a key some way, I will do an give away event.

Kainslegacy
26th Feb 2014, 19:50
It appears that way. Talespin hasn't been active in months it seems.

hirukaru
26th Feb 2014, 19:53
It appears that way. Talespin hasn't been active in months it seems.

Just like my old team mate Ransom.
Well to bad about that there is no compensation. But oow well. :) I am still here
Still alive, Knowing that I belong in the top 50 :)

Kainslegacy
26th Feb 2014, 19:55
And im here, raging because i didn't get in.

cmstache
26th Feb 2014, 19:56
The top50 isn't all that accurate. It's cool that they showcased the ability to make the list, but they changed the match times (thus changing the avg scores) almost 90% of the players there either don't play anymore, or don't play enough to make those shorter matches drop their score.

It's how rankings works. :)

And it was avg score per game. (Which score means jack-diddly anyways.)

hirukaru
26th Feb 2014, 19:57
The top50 isn't all that accurate. It's cool that they showcased the ability to make the list, but they changed the match times (thus changing the avg scores) almost 90% of the players there either don't play anymore, or don't play enough to make those shorter matches drop their score.

Well lets say this Team 200G for the Win ;) :D

Kainslegacy
26th Feb 2014, 19:58
That makes me feel better because you are right. You'd think they'd just base it on win percentage. But then people who get carried would get in too i suppose.

Ambusher
26th Feb 2014, 19:59
If anyone has a spare beta key i would be happy to trade for a wildstar or teso beta week key <3
You're reading my mind. Just thinking, maybe ask somebody from top50 to share Waiting makes me crazy, Nosgoth already even in my night dreams.

cmstache
26th Feb 2014, 20:00
It's irrelevant. You can easily buy your way into the game.

Wobbley
26th Feb 2014, 20:03
I have played with very few on that list, I assume this is because I joined the Alpha recently and a large amount of those have quit. Diexna did nothing that one game, but he was fair and warned us, because he spent most of his time recording! Another player I have played with from that list is Plux, and I can honestly say he deserves to be there. I absolutely hate his Scout, he is ridiculous with him.

So if a normal game for the people in top 50 is anything like Plux they deserve to be there. I must admit I never got to see Diexna actually play, he was recording most of the time. Sad to hear that a lot of those who used to play have gone inactive, but hopefully they were just burned out from the Alpha and will make a return.

Kainslegacy
26th Feb 2014, 20:06
Yeah plux is good. I play with him quite often and have beaten him more than a few times. I also dislike his scout. but he dislikes my razielim >:D

AwaCZE
26th Feb 2014, 20:09
Hi all, Congratulation top 50 best players! I long time every day and every night looking on Nosgoth, please if hawe some1 key and will make me happy answer me on this message. 3 weeks and I hawe B-day and this can be best present for me :) hawe fun and good luck regards AwaCZE

LegacyOfKayn
26th Feb 2014, 20:11
I wanted to make this post myself to ask about a key but sience u beat me 2 it i'll just go ahead and ask here if some1 has a key and doesn't have any1 to give it 2 then...:D

GenFeelGood
26th Feb 2014, 20:32
That list can't be accurate. Where is BringerOfHugz, Zombie Jesus, or Grimi134; and some of these listed players haven't been active for months so they didn't play when the matchmaker was screwed up. A top 50 list seems like a sweet idea but I wanna know what criteria they used.

cmstache
26th Feb 2014, 20:38
Plux hates ALL sentinels.

Kainslegacy
26th Feb 2014, 20:54
agreed on all those players. all good ones.

Omegamesh
26th Feb 2014, 20:56
I will dress as an Alchemist for a beta key :D

cmstache
26th Feb 2014, 21:08
Pictures or it didn't happen!!!!

IizGrohiik
26th Feb 2014, 21:29
ich versteh die liste auch nicht da sind leute in der top 10 die grad mal 3tage gespielt haben denn nie wieder. ich freue mich aber für plux jest und potato, wenn ich das richtig sah. einerseits, wenn das an die %rate im allgemeinen win chance gewehrtet wird, ist das völliger blödsinn. bei mir wurden 5tage die win runs nicht mehr gezählt und flog von 55% runter. klar das 55% nicht gut ist aber wenn man ständig member im team hat die es nicht können, aber ich freue mich für die member mit dehnen ich gespielt hab, weil ich weiß das sie es können und wir haben trotz all dem zusammen viel spass udnd as wird auch so bleiben und ich freue mich auf morgen früh wenn ich von der arbeit komme. :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand the list not there are people in the top 10 who have degree plays 3days because never again. but I'm looking for plux jest and potato when I saw that right. on the one hand, if the the% rate generally win chance is gewehrtet which is utter hogwash. with me the win runs were 5days no longer counted and flew down from 55%. clear that 55% is not good but if you constantly member in the team has it can not, but I'm happy for the member with stretch I've played because I know they can do it and we have a lot of fun together, despite all the udnd as will stay that way and I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning when I get home from work. : D

have fun :D

Talespin
26th Feb 2014, 22:16
woo esports

Razaiim
26th Feb 2014, 22:18
Talespin's alive? Wut?

Talespin
26th Feb 2014, 22:22
Someone sent me the blog on steam a while ago so I thought I would pop in. I'll probably play some of the beta for a while too so see you guys around.

Razaiim
26th Feb 2014, 22:30
I learned all about staying alive as a sentinel just by not trying to get sniped by you with swiftbow/grapple. And I also learned how easy it is to punish grapple to the point where I laugh maniacally when I see grapple scouts. Thank you!

cmstache
26th Feb 2014, 22:31
Where have you been hiding Talespin....

Smeesh
26th Feb 2014, 22:53
Lol, I didn't really expect to make the list with those criteria. I never used op choking haze, so how can I top damage lists!

coolbebo
27th Feb 2014, 00:20
i didnt get a beta key anyone help !

DeputyPotato
27th Feb 2014, 00:20
^If you played one game got a high score in that game and only played that single game with a high score then you get a very high average score per match since its only 1 match=get into the list.

I feel that list is inaccurate I am missing some people on it and only 49th place pff I suck :P and to be honest the only people I fear on that list are jest,plux,talespin and oroi. (mainly jest with his warbow)

IizGrohiik
27th Feb 2014, 10:38
naja plux werd ich wieder in den .... treten xD
er hat meine selbsmordrate voll erhöht *lach* aber er weißt das ja und wir haben ja spass zusammen auch wenn er es mit absicht macht, aber ich hab auch noch tricks auf lager^^
ja von der liste vermisse ich 2 member aber bei einem hab ihc mit der zeit gemerkt das er etwas pech hatte wie ich ^^°
auf dich freue ich mich auch wieder potato :D

aber ich vermisse voll hirukaru -.-
ich hab ihn gern abgeschossen *grins*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well plux I'll return to occur .... xD
he has my full selbsmordrate increased * laughs * but he know that yes, and we have fun together even if he does it by design, but I'm still tricks stock ^ ^
* yes from the list I miss 2 member but with a've ihc with the time he had noticed how I pitch something ^ ^ °
to you I am also re-potato: D

but I miss full hirukaru -. -
I got him shot down like * grin *

hirukaru
27th Feb 2014, 13:39
^If you played one game got a high score in that game and only played that single game with a high score then you get a very high average score per match since its only 1 match=get into the list.

I feel that list is inaccurate I am missing some people on it and only 49th place pff I suck :P and to be honest the only people I fear on that list are jest,plux,talespin and oroi. (mainly jest with his warbow)

Same here Mr. Potato.
But we cannot help it, would love some feedback on how they created the list from a admin/dev.

Where have you been hiding Talespin....
In a cave so his rank stayed high. :P

naja plux werd ich wieder in den .... treten xD
er hat meine selbsmordrate voll erhöht *lach* aber er weißt das ja und wir haben ja spass zusammen auch wenn er es mit absicht macht, aber ich hab auch noch tricks auf lager^^
ja von der liste vermisse ich 2 member aber bei einem hab ihc mit der zeit gemerkt das er etwas pech hatte wie ich ^^°
auf dich freue ich mich auch wieder potato :D

aber ich vermisse voll hirukaru -.-
ich hab ihn gern abgeschossen *grins*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well plux I'll return to occur .... xD
he has my full selbsmordrate increased * laughs * but he know that yes, and we have fun together even if he does it by design, but I'm still tricks stock ^ ^
* yes from the list I miss 2 member but with a've ihc with the time he had noticed how I pitch something ^ ^ °
to you I am also re-potato: D

but I miss full hirukaru -. -
I got him shot down like * grin *

Can someone who speak German translate the last part, I do not fully understand it because it is google translated. :P

Ghaarg
27th Feb 2014, 17:35
Can someone who speak German translate the last part, I do not fully understand it because it is google translated. :P

Rough translated its like this:

But i truely miss hirukaru..
I liked it to shoot him *grin*

SoulSlayer27
27th Feb 2014, 17:42
For anyone on the top50 that doesn't have anyone to give keys should do some sort of giveaway to people on the forum!

hirukaru
27th Feb 2014, 17:45
Rough translated its like this:

But i truely miss hirukaru..
I liked it to shoot him *grin*

Shoot me or the other way around that Ishoot him :P
Ok I admit my Win percentage went down when playing with random players from 75% to 67%

Ghaarg
27th Feb 2014, 18:09
Shoot me or the other way around that Ishoot him :P
Ok I admit my Win percentage went down when playing with random players from 75% to 67%

He liked it to shoot you, not the other way around ^^
I translated it on his view not mine.

Monkeythumbz
27th Feb 2014, 23:29

Our formula for working out the Top 50 players was as follows:

Top 50 = total score divided by number of games played

We only counted those players who'd reached level 10 or above. Additionally, scores for unfinished games don't get tracked, so there's no loss of data for those who left games or disconnected before the end.

By all means tell us if you think there's a way we can improve on this formula in the future. :)

hirukaru
28th Feb 2014, 00:03
@george,

There should be a way we look into it.

First remove the x amount of players who have not been playing for x period (even if they have x period of break and then play for 1 hour or something before quitting again) This will give the active people a chance to be in top 50

Then you say you counted those who reached level 10.

Remember people who where max level could only fight each other and thus more games divided by a total score will be lower because of chance.

So then you can use statistic to divine how big this chance is that the score is gets lower by x amount of games.
And compensate for that reducation.

It is hard but more fair. (It is science ;) ) <--- will be best one but hardest and most time consuming if there is no program written for it. )

Probably there is an easier option.

More exp = higher score = higher top score

Still love you and waiting for my free 10 beta keys to do a give away event.

Psycho831
28th Feb 2014, 01:10
send key pls

Ambusher
28th Feb 2014, 01:59
Still love you and waiting for my free 10 beta keys to do a give away event.
Give me one please if you'll receive them, I promise to show interesting play anyway, considering that I am familiar with such type of online games.
I'm old fan of Unreal Tournament series, not really hardcore player, but not the last noob too :) Plus I have two friends with which we play Aion together. Hope we all will get access soon and show to all what is what :D

Magicaltophat
28th Feb 2014, 02:53
Kind of surprised I made the list at all, but it's good for the ego I suppose!

Orazz415
28th Feb 2014, 18:01
Would be forever grateful for a key!

Squarezilla
28th Feb 2014, 19:21
Guys seriously stop with the begging and wait if they do giveaways just keep your knickers on seriously good things come to those who wait.I understand you want to play realllllly badly i want one too but put the begging aside and beg on a giveaway then you can go all out :D

LordNekronom
28th Feb 2014, 20:13
good things come to those who wait.

Tell that to people in the friendzone :D
Also I find it amusing that considering my country ( Romania ) is the granddaddy of vampire related products, what with Vlad the Impaler/Dracula and all... I did not receive a key yet :D

cmstache
28th Feb 2014, 20:19
You deserve a key just for that awesome topic about Romania. :)

Squarezilla
28th Feb 2014, 23:03
Tell that to people in the friendzone :D
Also I find it amusing that considering my country ( Romania ) is the granddaddy of vampire related products, what with Vlad the Impaler/Dracula and all... I did not receive a key yet :D

Yeah i was wrong i just like to say that in hopes of getting a key and yes you do deserve to get a key first XD

Talespin
28th Feb 2014, 23:36
Has anyone gotten their extra invite key yet?

Squarezilla
28th Feb 2014, 23:44
I would love to know when the next wave is gona be

RAHAB-MAAS
1st Mar 2014, 00:10
hello! many times I have sent an application and get for a beta key but did not respond did not send please give me a key to the beta test would be very grateful as I am a fan of old and passed all parts! sorry for my bad english I hope you understand me

RAHAB-MAAS
1st Mar 2014, 00:13
or let me know when you're giving away their hope you give the old fans LOK :)

IizGrohiik
3rd Mar 2014, 07:11
hahah hirukaru du hast mir gesagt das du nosgoth nicht mehr spielen kannst wegen deiner verbindung darum sagte ich das ich dich vermisse und du meintest das du uns alle vermisst^^
es hat spass gemacht dich vom himmel zu holen, wenn du sentinel gespielt hast, aber als team wars auch der hammer :D

jetzt in beta ist das game play nooch sehr viel besser und intensiver als zuvor und siege match...... schade das du nicht mehr kommst auch wenn ich die 2 tage on gesehen hab für 1stunde.

hahah hirukaru you told me that you Nosgoth can no longer play because of your connection so I said I miss you and you meant that you missed all of us ^ ^
it was fun to get you from the sky, if you've played sentinel, but as a team wars and the hammer: D

now in beta, the game play nooch much better and more intense than before and match victory ...... pity you do not you come over even if I've seen the 2 days on for 1 hour.

hirukaru
5th Mar 2014, 00:36
hahah hirukaru du hast mir gesagt das du nosgoth nicht mehr spielen kannst wegen deiner verbindung darum sagte ich das ich dich vermisse und du meintest das du uns alle vermisst^^
es hat spass gemacht dich vom himmel zu holen, wenn du sentinel gespielt hast, aber als team wars auch der hammer :D

jetzt in beta ist das game play nooch sehr viel besser und intensiver als zuvor und siege match...... schade das du nicht mehr kommst auch wenn ich die 2 tage on gesehen hab für 1stunde.

hahah hirukaru you told me that you Nosgoth can no longer play because of your connection so I said I miss you and you meant that you missed all of us ^ ^
it was fun to get you from the sky, if you've played sentinel, but as a team wars and the hammer: D

now in beta, the game play nooch much better and more intense than before and match victory ...... pity you do not you come over even if I've seen the 2 days on for 1 hour.

Send over a desktop and Ill play for sure. :)
I am so missing the game and the Alpha community (some beta's seem nice but you know I am hardcore Alpha lover)
I miss you to but now you can train to get better and really shoot me out of the sky or kill my reaver when sneaking up on you.
Because when I start the CB will almost be over I guess and I have to start at lvl 1 rush to lvl 40.

n0keyboard
5th Mar 2014, 10:34
Hey guys if anyone got a betakey left that would be great :)
msg me.

Dante7ist
6th Mar 2014, 11:24
Hello I saw on blog that top50 players from closed alpha will get extra key by email to give away and I would like to ask when you will guys from SE send the keys ??? because my friend promise me to give one key and I am so excited to start play this game... I registered for access few months ago and as usually still didnt get key I cant wait anymore :(

thanks for response...

best regards Dante