PDA

View Full Version : Batman freezes, cpu 100%!!

nestorborrero
20th Jan 2010, 01:23
Ok... it happens every 5 or so minutes, no matter what...it lags, and then freezes. Check my taskbar, and Shipping Pc Batman shows a 99% cpu usage.
Someone knows what-s going on?

My PC can handle this game, supposedly..
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual 5600+
2.81 Ghz
4.00 Gb RAM
Nvidia 8600 Gt 1024
Windows XP Professional x64 edition
game version 1.0

I've checked the most common issues, and no one seems to be like mine, nor the gordon crash, not the physx...

Any idea?
Thanks in advance

nestorborrero
20th Jan 2010, 02:12
Ok, I tried to patch, and i did it the way is posted on the Gordon crash thread. But nothing. I executed the game, let it minimized and watching the cpu's usage on the taskbar. It keeps on around the 50 percent for a while, 5 minutes or so, and then goes to 99 percent, freezing the computer. This time i'm not even playing the game, it's just on pause.
I do have all drivers up to date.
Don't get it. The other games go ok, i'm currently playing gta 4 and everything's fine. Never had any problem like this.
Any idea?
Thanks again.

Rokkis
15th Mar 2010, 09:06
Well, you described my problem too. At first it was 5min of gameplay, after fresh reinstall without any fixes and 10 restarts of the game I can pretty much get to the 3secs to "Eidos" title until game freezes up pulling CPU usage to 100%.

Temperatures are ok, cpu 34C and graphics 39C.

I did clean driver installs and flashed my BIOS today, that didn't change my gaming experience anyway. I've tried every single fix I could get my hands on from internet. From disabling Realtek audiocard to lowering all graphics to lowest, disabling PhysX, patching, tweaking .ini files... All in vain.

Considering how much this game has caused gray hair to gamers with ALL PLATFORMS (PS3 and XBOX freezes and lockouts too), but especially PC (it either runs with your computer, ot it doesn't <3) and comparing how many solutions and posts I've seen game publishers and developers post I'm very disappointed. I can't get refund even if the problem is clearly in the game and not in my system, at least none of you guys haven't announced that "this hard/software named X causes crashing".

btw. Found something quite interesting from "BaseEngine.ini" while trying to find out the reason of freezing. (Yes, I'm doing what support isn't doing)

; Why have we marked these two for seek free loading??
+SeekFreePackage=OnlineSubsystemLive
+SeekFreePackage=OnlineSubsystemNP

What? Even developers don't know what they are doing, how the ***** is the game suppose to be working? Have anyone even tested this game out properly or checked the code?

I wan't answers or my money back, this is very cheap thing to do to consumers. If I'm not getting any serious answers or solutions, patches, fixes in near future you have lost one customer. I know that doesn't drift your boat, since you got my money already and get rid of someone, who will give public feeedback about games that doesn't work.

One satisfied customer is one seeder less in world of piracy, how many you got now?

------
Specs

DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2600 MHz (13 x 200) 5000+
MB: MSI K9AGM3
2048 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (512 MB)
Realtek ALC888/S/T @ ATI SB600 - High Definition Audio Controller

XP Pro Service Pack 3
4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Rokkis
15th Mar 2010, 11:54
Ok, small update at this point.

I managed to get my money back. Gaming store assistant tested my disc and told me he had the game running nice and smoothly, so he really can't give me any refund since the problem is obviously my PC.

Told him to go see this forum, read all 11 pages of complaining how this game just doesn't work and google some more forums, if he still don't believe. He checked the forum and I got my money back.

I also learned that I definately wasn't first one trying to get money back, but he assumed that everyone had just too crappy setups, since game needs some gear to run.

I really want to play B:AA, but there's no stick long enough I'm touching any BOUGHT Eidos/Rocksteady game until I get official answer, preferably fix or patch to this issue.

Do you finally admit, that no-one of you knows whats the problem? Or do you know what the problem is and could actually announce it?

Show some respect to us consumers please. If the game is this buggy, you should really try to make a working patch or at least admit that the game won't work for everyone even with required hardware.
Best line is from some of you tech-guys: "download the patch and see if it works for you". What if it doesn't? Do you just state that the paying customer had a bad luck?

Rokkis
16th Mar 2010, 23:57
For the thread starter:

For a some reason my mate had this same problem with the game, he got Windows 7 Ultimate today to go with his XP and decided to give a try with the game. We were both pretty suprised, the game runs smoothly without crashing, at least not past 5 hours he has played now.

Yet again, he has also AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual 5600+, so I suppose that might be the thing. I can't say if it's because game works badly with AMD Athlon, with Athlon + XP or if it's just that he hasn't installed anything yet but windows, internet security and newest drivers for hardware, but the game works for him now.

Oh, the windows was installed to new partition, so he could still use when needed, so not the upgrade installation.

If you happen to have Windows 7 lying somewhere, you could give it a go. Or just return your batman, buy Windows 7 and get the game via torrent. Game that works this randomly isn't worth of it's price anyway.

deders
17th Mar 2010, 15:29
I used to have a 5600 (the 2700mhz brisbane version) and the game never froze for me, I played it on XP and Vista.