PDA

View Full Version : MISC. My view of Nosgoth

Spongeman93
6th Mar 2014, 00:49
Hello! I feel this game is a great breath of fresh air from other pvp style games of late. But there are some problems, NOT that im criticizing, Its beta and that is what its for. The Number one problem I feel is the highish skill level of the game, It took me personalty 3-4 days to stop being the worst player(By far) to 2d or 1st place player. I feel that Nosgoth needs either better matchmaking, A tutorial or a bot mode. The 2d problem is I feel That that it takes far to long to get ina game, Its not the loading or anything but that there is few people in the closed beta. My last concern is STROMBOW IS OP AS CRAP, But I dont want to sound like a rager so Ill just say I feel it does to much damage. Im looking forward to the progress of this game! and cant wait for the evolved skins!!

RainaAudron
6th Mar 2014, 00:59
Welcome to the forums! Good news is that a tutorial will be added and is planned to be added during Closed Beta phase. It does take a little while to get used to the characters, abilities and maps just like in any other mp online game. You will get killed a lot from the beginning yes (we all did), but learn from that and listen to more experienced players, and most importantly, play as a team and you´ll be fine.

gzvirax
6th Mar 2014, 01:24
I personally haven't played, but I think a high skill requirement is something that keeps people playing. As long as the learning curve is gentle enough at the beginning that players can learn to play in a day or two, a high peak for that curve is desirable.

Matchmaking by skill or experience level would be a great idea, though, if not already implemented.

MarinePikachu
6th Mar 2014, 19:46
It may also have been the fact that if you played the first few days, most people there were from alpha so they already have a foot ahead of you. I would like a bot mode as well as it would allow me to just test out different skills or play styles without messing up other people's experience.

Sdoots
6th Mar 2014, 21:51
It's worth mentioning that there is a "Training Grounds" playlist, but it's completely overlooked in favor of the default Team Deathmatch playlist right now. I imagine once the playerbase is opened up, that won't be an issue, however.

Kebabz
7th Mar 2014, 10:17
I would argue that the skill level might be a bit too low. There is a bit too much autoaiming and automatisation for my liking. I know stuff needs to be gentle for newer players, but I recken that the somewhat beginner friendly mechanics are going to be annoying for those players who really want to flourish in the game :<

MarinePikachu
7th Mar 2014, 22:28
I would argue that the skill level might be a bit too low. There is a bit too much autoaiming and automatisation for my liking. I know stuff needs to be gentle for newer players, but I recken that the somewhat beginner friendly mechanics are going to be annoying for those players who really want to flourish in the game :<

agreed. SO many times that i have been a vamp and see a low hp human. I go in to attack that low hp (with the idea that right after 1 hit im going to hit my reaver's evade) and it attacks the full hp human and I take a ton of damage or die trying to get that one hit off.