PDA

View Full Version : Bug Can't Move!

batmanAA
18th Jan 2010, 09:08
Hey all,

I have a bug where I rrandomly stop moving for some reason. I can't move after that, and then I have to restart Arkham Asylum all over again. Even if I go back to the main menu and then go back playing, the bug persists. Thanks in advance!

batmanAA
18th Jan 2010, 09:35
While I was testing this further, I found that near my whole keyboard doesn't work. A-Z and 1-0 don't work, but Caps lock and Ctrl are fine, and my mouse works well too. I dont have this problem with any other game of mine. Any help would be appreciated.

Nemesis296
18th Jan 2010, 13:23
Are you possibly running a messenger program in the background that could be catching all of your keystrokes? I know there was an issue with Spacebar and Windows Messenger...:scratch:

batmanAA
18th Jan 2010, 18:11
I don't think that's the case, because I can play for a while before it happens. Not only that, bi it just happened again, so I alt-tabbed and closed all other programs, then clicked back in, and it still didnt work. It seems to do with be being near objects, because that's the only time it happens.

batmanAA
22nd Jan 2010, 02:31
I normally don't double post, but it's been about a week and I still haven't gotten any good help. Please help, this is a very annoying problem!

Nemesis296
22nd Jan 2010, 13:21
Maybe it's your keyboard? Not sure, really. In order for us to really be able to help you you really have to try and run the game with as few variables as possible. This means programs that you have open when trying to run the game, extra devices plugged into the computer, etc. There isn't just a black and white answer here I don't think.

Did you try unplugging your keyboard and plugging it back in? Is it a USB or Bluetooth keyboard?

snag180@hotmail.com
4th Apr 2010, 18:54
So I have the very same problem... I have tried everything I can think of, hopefully someone can help me here. I lose the ability to move at random times with no effect to mouse control just some of the keyboard locks up. I have shut down every unnesential program in the background with no effect. Everything is up to dated, I have all the newest drivers.

My details;
I am having the same problem on 2 brand new ASUS G73JH-A2 laptops with the following specifications:

17.3-inch 1080p (1920x1080) display
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7-720QM processor (1.6GHz/2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB L3 cache)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 graphics card
8GB DDR3-1066 RAM
Two 500GB 7200RPM hard drives (Seagate Momentus 7200.4/ST9500420AS) (Non-RAID)
Atheros AR9285 802.11n Wireless LAN adapter
8X DVD Super Multi drive

Any tips or ideas would be great...

Marcus
12th Apr 2010, 10:27
Maybe you clicked outside the game window somehow and took focus away from the game? Next time it happens, see if alt-tab can get you back to the game?

alaughters
29th May 2010, 05:41
I have the exact same problem.

Here is the solution I discovered that works for me.

The left control button seems to toggle on sometimes, and if you press left ctl and the space bar atthe same time it toggles off and lets me move again.

I was about to quit playing because I could not finish a battle without freezing in place and having to exit to desktop but I discovered this and while it is still annoying it doesn't get me killed to many times anymore.

teohhanhui
16th Jun 2010, 12:49
To workaround this problem, you may change the key sequence for toggling the IME.

Right click the language bar and choose "Settings..."
Switch to the "Advanced Key Settings" tab
Change the key sequence for the "Ctrl + Space" hot key (you cannot disable it due to a Windows bug)