PDA

View Full Version : Is Jesper Kyde doing the soundtrack?

Bevacur
16th Jan 2010, 22:50
Seriously he is amazing. What he done for Assassins Creed 2 was beyond awesome.

Will he be back for Dog Days?
I really want similiar music to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L70R--fT168

This song really captures the intensity and gives you an andrenaline rush.

Vulture
16th Jan 2010, 23:05
we can just hope

Brackstone17
17th Jan 2010, 00:22
Well considering that there won't be any music during gameplay aside from music on radios and such, there won't be much of a soundtrack for him to do, but they might use him for a few things.

Bevacur
17th Jan 2010, 00:42
Well considering that there won't be any music during gameplay aside from music on radios and such, there won't be much of a soundtrack for him to do, but they might use him for a few things.

Wait what?! Where is this from?

Brackstone17
17th Jan 2010, 01:13
Wait what?! Where is this from?
It's here, third paragraph.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/kane_lynch_2/preview-2162.html

ohitspatty
17th Jan 2010, 01:32
Well, that doesn't sound too good. I think I'd get sick of hearing only sound effects through out the game.

Brackstone17
17th Jan 2010, 01:38
I don't know, I like the idea. Far Cry 2 was so much more immersive once I turned the soundtrack off, so it could work here. I'll wait and see though, because the soundtracks for IO games are always a highlight.

Kent-45
17th Jan 2010, 02:38
No music in-game? Not a problem. (http://www.zune.net/en-us/products/zunehd/default.htm)

ohitspatty
17th Jan 2010, 02:43
No music in-game? Not a problem. (http://www.zune.net/en-us/products/zunehd/default.htm)

Are you going to compose it, than? :cool:

Kent-45
17th Jan 2010, 02:52
I compose my own soundtrack when I'm playing Kane & Lynch... and it usually consists of me swearing (louder than the main characters) and eventually spilling coke all over my keyboard...

Nick@IO
17th Jan 2010, 08:50
Jesper is not involved with the soundtrack on Dog Days, no. We do have some awesome music in there but it's pretty far from his style, to say the least. Sorry to all the Kyd lovers, but you're just going to have to enjoy his masterful compositions in AC2 for now.

Currently, I don't know of any plans to put out a Dog Days soundtrack but it wouldn't surprise me if that happened. Not sure, though.

Vulture
17th Jan 2010, 12:36
Jesper is not involved with the soundtrack on Dog Days, no. We do have some awesome music in there but it's pretty far from his style, to say the least. Sorry to all the Kyd lovers, but you're just going to have to enjoy his masterful compositions in AC2 for now.

Currently, I don't know of any plans to put out a Dog Days soundtrack but it wouldn't surprise me if that happened. Not sure, though.

wow thats just perfect. first i am forced to play as lynch and now jesper is gone:(

Bevacur
17th Jan 2010, 13:04
wow thats just perfect. first i am forced to play as lynch and now jesper is gone:(

I know how you feel :( I dont wanna go kill Criminals and Police while listening to what Asian's enjoy. They have different styles compared to us westerners.

sigrun
17th Jan 2010, 14:25

LOL... What's with all this hate? You haven't even seen what they've done yet.

Unpaid Intern
17th Jan 2010, 16:21
Greatest shootout in movie history: Heat. ...nuff said :)

Nick@IO
26th Jan 2010, 14:13
The deal about the music in-game is as follows: We have 25 (give or take) specially tailored Asian style tracks running in the game world - on radios, TVs, etc. There's no conventional soundtrack, no violins or similiar since that simply doesn't fit with the style and experience of the game.

There are some ambient tracks, that are kind of musical, consisting of soundscapes from the city. It's different - as are many other things related to the experience of Dog Days.

TheLacer402
26th Jan 2010, 14:33
Idk. As much as I think Kyd is the man!...which we all know he is. I think a game like Kane and Lynch will be great without a bunch of music. The sound effects will be great and there wont be annoying music in the background to compete with the constant gunfire and Kane calling Lynch "a ******* idiot" or something lol.

WhatsHisFace
27th Jan 2010, 04:41
This must be the first IO game that Jesper Kyd is not involved with. Well, maybe aside from that scummy Ninja game.

Freddo
18th Mar 2010, 14:07
Aww, that's too bad :(

This must be the first IO game that Jesper Kyd is not involved with. Well, maybe aside from that scummy Ninja game.
Yeah, Mini Ninjas was the first IO game that Jesper Kyd wasn't involved with.

Brackstone17
18th Mar 2010, 15:53
Nick, how does the crazy guitar music from the latest trailer fit into the game?

GrievousOdyssey
18th Mar 2010, 17:06
Thought about asking that too but frankly i'm seeing Dead Men all over again (meaning contradictions between the trailers , the previews , the interviews and the game itself ) ...