PDA

View Full Version : what is gong to make want to buy K&L2

I am kane
16th Jan 2010, 21:43
The reason why I ask this is cuz with intense games like gow 3 coming out mafia 2 avp heavy rain and much more. what is io interactive going to do to make kane and lynch 2 feel diffrent other then its grainy you tube stlye graphics. also what is it going to do that games like gta 4 and other crime games havent done?? i mean if u look at the first one now personally the first one in my eyes really wasnt that great other then its multiplayer. what is kane and lynch going to bring new to the table that other games havent already brought better and bigger??

Bevacur
16th Jan 2010, 21:55
Is it even going to be released this year? Oh wait yes it is, if your lucky it wont be out next to GoW3, Mafia 2, AvP or heavy Rain.

ohitspatty
16th Jan 2010, 22:01
I'm going to buy Dog Days because I loved the storyline of Dead Men. I thought that the story was powerful, dramatic, insane, and very movie-like. The characters were so different than any other characters in game. You see they were anti-heroes in every single way. You could say Niko from GTA IV is an anti-hero but I remember him as being a nice character somewhere deep down inside while Kane and Lynch...those guys are ugly on inside as well as out. Kane is selfish son of the ***** and Lynch is schizophrenic bastard who possibly murdered his wife. I think that the first game was very different and I enjoyed every moment of it.

Now why would I buy Dog Days with all those other games coming out? Well, first of all I want to continue the storyline, see how low can it get. Can it be more dramatic than first? Can it be more insane? I want to know. I believe that with new direction it's heading as more of a shooter than tactical strategy it had with squad control in Dead Men, I think Dog Days will be more fast paced, action packed ride. Also Fragile Alliance, I love that game mode. It's very clever, addicting, and again...different. I want to see it being improved and I want to see if it can bring in a bigger community this time. I believe that online gaming community needs a break from all those "Deathmatches" and "Capture the flag" games. What else? Well, I'm really liking the artistic direction it is heading. The whole YouTube style? Man, it could be interesting.

Dog Days is my number 3 of most anticipated games of 2010. First two spots go to Heavy Rain and Alan Wake.

Bevacur
16th Jan 2010, 22:04
Alone in the Dark? I am sure it has been released..
I also found that the story is engaging and very dramatic + insane.

Vulture
16th Jan 2010, 22:15
Q2 2010 relese is expected.........

ohitspatty
16th Jan 2010, 22:47
Alone in the Dark? I am sure it has been released..
I also found that the story is engaging and very dramatic + insane.

I was writing and thinking of something else at the time. I meant Alan Wake, my bad.

Bawabus
16th Jan 2010, 23:20
Kane and Lynch 2 is not something I am sure to buy--my purchase depends on whether I get the impression from videos, reviews, and word of mouth that they captured the immediacy of the gun fights and the visceral action. The word "visceral" gets thrown around a lot, but this game seems to be the one that's really going for it all out.

We will see. IOI has some convincing to do.

Kent-45
16th Jan 2010, 23:40
I will definitely be buying it, simply because Kane is my favorite videogame hero of all time... and that's more than enough reason for me to do anything.

Brackstone17
17th Jan 2010, 00:25
Yeah, this is an day one purchase for me without a doubt. However, if you're on the fence about it, wait until there's a demo or some gameplay videos. Also, it never hurts to rent a game before making a purchase.

Kent-45
17th Jan 2010, 00:33
I think the release on Steam is gonna make the most sense for me. I hate having to keep track of discs and all that. Steam really simplifies the whole thing, and despite what people say... Steam's interface actually plays really nice with Games for Windows Live.

Drhuxtable
17th Jan 2010, 04:51
Simply because the first game was amazing and the characters are interesting as hell!

killingroad1986
17th Jan 2010, 07:36
I will be purchasing K&L 2 because it is not generic BS like most of the games being put out these days. It will be a unique game that will be a love it or hate it affair for most all people. IO has never disappointed me before, and considering K&L is probably my favorite game this generation along with Mini Ninjas, there is no doubt I will be buying this game ASAP.

I am kane
17th Jan 2010, 17:14
wow great feed back guys!

UhUh
17th Jan 2010, 17:22
Definetly a buy for me too.
I loved the first one, and more than happy to see this two guys coming back for more; anyway I liked everything that has been revealed till now, can't wait to see what's next.

AfgRoyalty
21st Jan 2010, 00:56
Gow 3 is not coming out for a while. Possibly not even till next system comes out because they wanna release in on their new engine, Unreal Engine 4.

Bevacur
21st Jan 2010, 01:01
Gow 3 is not coming out for a while. Possibly not even till next system comes out because they wanna release in on their new engine, Unreal Engine 4.

I think he meant God of War 3. Dog Day's is also on ps3.

WhatsHisFace
21st Jan 2010, 16:59
The reason why I ask this is cuz with intense games like gow 3 coming out mafia 2 avp heavy rain and much more. what is io interactive going to do to make kane and lynch 2 feel diffrent other then its grainy you tube stlye graphics. also what is it going to do that games like gta 4 and other crime games havent done?? i mean if u look at the first one now personally the first one in my eyes really wasnt that great other then its multiplayer. what is kane and lynch going to bring new to the table that other games havent already brought better and bigger??

Heavy Rain? Are you serious?

Bawabus
21st Jan 2010, 18:17
Heavy Rain looks like a great (sort of) game. I'm excited for it.

In terms of what Kane and Lynch The Second is going to do differently or better, I can't say anything for certain because no concrete details have been released, nor has any gameplay footage.

TheMoD
21st Jan 2010, 20:12

Well they bring themselves, Kane and Lynch are the most awesome characters in any game to date imo, I'm gonna get heavy rain, Just cause 2 and gow3 and many more games aswell (cause I just won 2000€ with a flash animation haha xD) but K&L2 is by far the game I'm looking forward to the most. The first Kane and Lynch just had amazing story telling. The kind of story telling that's very rare in games, esp. nowadays. So together with Grim Fandango, Toonstruck, Beyond Good and Evil, Silent Hill 2-4 and maybe 2 or 3 other games Kane and Lynch is simply the most captivating game I ever played.