PDA

View Full Version : Censorship in Kane & Lynch 2?

Kent-45
16th Jan 2010, 15:30
There's more to Dog Days' atypically grungy treatment than just style. The screen will pixelate and artifact when the player, as Lynch, takes damage. Particularly gruesome headshots will be obscured by mosaic censors and the "tape" will fall off track and stutter during more explosive moments, adding to the realism of the bootleg quality of the game.
source: http://kotaku.com/5446715/kane--lynch-2-dog-days-eyes+on-with-the-best-worst-camera-ever

Why are they censoring headshots? furthermore, how are you supposed to remain undistracted and play this game with all this bull**** flying over your screen all the time. I mean you got the camera "wobbling" and shaking around, you've got artifacts all over the place, and now they're saying that the video reel itself is going to fall off the track during "explosive moments"? ... does that mean during explosions? does that mean if someone throws a grenade this effect is going to occur every time? and I'm confused about this "pixelating" of headshots... does this occur every time you do a headshot? how long does this effect last? If you shoot some guys face, does his face stay censored or just until he hits the ground? Does this mean if you shoot a guy from far away, all you're gonna see is a big pixel because some effect is trying to cover up your headshot?

It seems like the more I read about these camera effects, the less appealing they become.... and not less appealing in a gritty hardcore way... less appealing in a "what the **** am I looking at" kind of way.

Please say these visual effects and censorship will have an option to be disabled in the settings, IOInteractive

Bawabus
16th Jan 2010, 15:51
Wait until you see it; nobody but the journalists who have seen footage of the game have anything to say about the aspects of the visual presentation you mentioned.

DrDoom
16th Jan 2010, 16:03
It's supposed to feel as if your watching a youtube like video of somebody following Kane and Lynch through there journey of the game.

So little touches like that are just supposed to enhance that effect.

Though if your worried about the explosions one of the articles said that grenades are gone, but you will be able to pull fire extinguishers off the walls chuck them and shoot to create sort of a grenade effect.

Drhuxtable
16th Jan 2010, 17:15
Yeah your def blowing it out of proportions. The game is getting a visual overhaul and it's going fot he I made this feel. I mena it's very unlikely to go on youtube and see some random video with super hi-quality vids. Also they said some of the most gruesome headshot. So it's not like the the game is going to be ****ed like Man hunt 2 was.

TheMoD
16th Jan 2010, 17:15
It's supposed to feel as if your watching a youtube like video of somebody following Kane and Lynch through there journey of the game.

So little touches like that are just supposed to enhance that effect.

Exactly I don't think you have to examine everything they say about those screen effects, when you play it you probably won't even really notice most of those little touches, it's all about the overall experience.

Clamps
18th Jan 2010, 06:13
They said they werent going to sensor it as far as language goes, im not sure about headshots and bloodspatter, but i really hope they dont.

Bevacur
18th Jan 2010, 12:37
Im guessing there is a way to get rid of this youtube mode just like games you can turn off the fuzzy look like Mass Effect for example, you can turn the fuzzy look so it makes everything look clear.

UhUh
18th Jan 2010, 13:06
Im guessing there is a way to get rid of this youtube mode just like games you can turn off the fuzzy look like Mass Effect for example, you can turn the fuzzy look so it makes everything look clear.

I doubt it, and hope not. If it were like this, it means it's just a gimmick, but considering how everything goes around this new look(from audio to gamplay) I don't think it will be possible to just turn everything off and play it like the first K&L.

Much like Mirror's Edge camera movement, it may make somebody motion sick, but it's more then just an option in the menu, it's about rapresenting a feeling. You wouldn't watch an horror without the scary parts just becouse you don't like them, those parts are what define it.

TheLacer402
18th Jan 2010, 19:02
I doubt it, and hope not. If it were like this, it means it's just a gimmick, but considering how everything goes around this new look(from audio to gamplay) I don't think it will be possible to just turn everything off and play it like the first K&L.

Much like Mirror's Edge camera movement, it may make somebody motion sick, but it's more then just an option in the menu, it's about rapresenting a feeling. You wouldn't watch an horror without the scary parts just becouse you don't like them, those parts are what define it.

Thank god someone gets it!

Unpaid Intern
18th Jan 2010, 23:11
IO isn't exactly known for self-censoring. The company is notorious for violence, profanity and nude man vs dog encounters. So I would say that the goal of the pixelation effect is not to 'tone things down' but rather to make the headshots more shocking.

And yeah; I think it's important to support a concept in every detail - that's the difference between a hardcore concept and a meh one. Take out the camera shake, the pixelation and some of the other details that some people are apprehensive about and what do you have? ...probably a game that looks just like any other.

The important thing for me is that those who have seen the game in motion seem to dig the overall aesthetic:

"..its visual style really sets it apart. It goes beyond basic film grain and other types of camera noise in favor of digital noise that makes the whole thing look like it was shot on a pretty average digital camera. Bright lights totally blow out the view, causing big bands of color to streak down the frame. When you take damage to see violent explosions, the view violently pixelates like the camera is having trouble capturing the image due to the force of the blast. It's an amazingly effective visual style that makes everything look very intense. There's nothing quite like it."

^ this is a Gerstmann quote BTW

(I think that IO should use part of that on their official website LOL)

Falkenwut
19th Jan 2010, 14:40
IF you ask me nothing should be censored in the K&L2 game... If you guys played "the saboteur".. you'll know what i mean ;)

Nick@IO
19th Jan 2010, 22:00
There's no turning off the filters offering the visual style of the game. The look looks and feels as it does and it would not work as intended (or very well at all) if you could turn off those elements. There has been a lot of fine-tuning and adjustments made so the style doesn't hamper gameplay so you should not be concerned about that.

Regarding 'censorship', it's not because we don't want to show blood and guts - the feature is worked in there because it functions really well with the overall style and just adds another level of realism to the whole hand-held thing the game is embracing. It's not there to please anyone in terms of no blood or less gore or anything, rather it actually (as Unpaid Intern suggests above) adds a new level of rawness to the terrible and horrible act of shooting a man in the face with a shotgun.

CommiesSuck
19th Jan 2010, 22:26
who said anything about it being horrible? :D

Bevacur
19th Jan 2010, 22:28
I am scared that they are focusing too much on the visual style, the gritty looks and the raw intense action.

Hate to sound like a douchebag but yeah really realistic. Did you guys know in the military when they shoot a enemy in the face a little black square appears?

And also when people are dying and they 'see the light' what they actually mean they start seeing static. Oh and in reality im seeing film grain and washed out colours.

*Sarcasm turned off*

Yeah ok i admit all this sounds awesome and really cool plus interesting but i am worried its going to get in the way of the game and block most of the awesome visuals. I would not be surprised if Kane or Lynch swore a little black rectangle covers their mouth and a little beep noice starts.

Ps. Dont get any ideas about the little beep and black rectangles covering their mouths when they use potty language please :)

Unpaid Intern
20th Jan 2010, 00:24
Hate to sound like a douchebag but yeah really realistic. Did you guys know in the military when they shoot a enemy in the face a little black square appears?

And also when people are dying and they 'see the light' what they actually mean they start seeing static. Oh and in reality im seeing film grain and washed out colours.

Right on bro!

You know what else ain't realistic in games and movies? ..That we're seeing the action through a camera!! Amy rite? WTF is that about? I dunwanna seee no wide angle or telephoto lenzes, no freaking noise or lenze flares or any of that fraudulent optics BS? I wanna troupe of actors to come to my living room and play out scenarios for me. And no pauzes for cigs or coffee either - that's as bad that fake-ass 'editing' we see thru them lenzes!

Pleeeeeze IO no fake lenzes and editing!!!!

Doghead
18th Aug 2010, 16:57
There's no turning off the filters offering the visual style of the game. The look looks and feels as it does and it would not work as intended (or very well at all) if you could turn off those elements. There has been a lot of fine-tuning and adjustments made so the style doesn't hamper gameplay so you should not be concerned about that.

Regarding 'censorship', it's not because we don't want to show blood and guts - the feature is worked in there because it functions really well with the overall style and just adds another level of realism to the whole hand-held thing the game is embracing. It's not there to please anyone in terms of no blood or less gore or anything, rather it actually (as Unpaid Intern suggests above) adds a new level of rawness to the terrible and horrible act of shooting a man in the face with a shotgun.

Yes you can turn the filters off, Options-Video-more settings-Fullscreen Effect on Disabled

only the censored is not turning off. (The censure is ridiculous )
i was sick of that camera movements.
Please make a option to turn the cunsure off

KaneAndLynchFan1988
19th Aug 2010, 13:09
This game sucks ass! Why? BECAUSE IT'S CENSORED! CENSORED! CENSORED!!!!!! ****!!!!

sloppinjoe
19th Aug 2010, 14:20
the censorship is weak, for example:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=111872

monzmeg
19th Aug 2010, 14:25
This game sucks ass! Why? BECAUSE IT'S CENSORED! CENSORED! CENSORED!!!!!! ****!!!!

You should be censored :rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp:

KaneAndLynchFan1988
19th Aug 2010, 19:47
Oh brutal comeback I don't think I'll ever be able to live my life again. I just got insulted over the internet by some stranger. Oh my heart is broken! NOT! Anyways the censorship and grain still sucks.

monzmeg
19th Aug 2010, 20:26
Oh brutal comeback I don't think I'll ever be able to live my life again. I just got insulted over the internet by some stranger. Oh my heart is broken! NOT! Anyways the censorship and grain still sucks.

You got censored not insulted....:scratch: and while we're on the subject of insulting.....I reckon thats what you're doing to the developers at IO with you're I want it all attitude.

What can I say......you're being a plum with the insistence that the game is being censored .....however I will concede that there should possibly be an option for the grain as there is for the camera sway......and at a push, maybe, just maybe one for the blocking out of headshots etc (only to appease the buying public, as I reckon all this crap may affect game sales)........but in the spirit of the game IO have clearly stated why they did not give these as options......the game however certainly does not suck because of it as you state....but that is only MY opinion.

KaneAndLynchFan1988
19th Aug 2010, 20:33
You got censored not insulted....:scratch: and while we're on the subject of insulting.....I reckon thats what you're doing to the developers at IO with you're I want it all attitude.

What can I say......you're being a plum with the insistence that the game is being censored .....however I will concede that there should possibly be an option for the grain as there is for the camera sway......and at a push, maybe, just maybe one for the blocking out of headshots etc (only to appease the buying public, as I reckon all this crap may affect game sales)........but in the spirit of the game IO have clearly stated why they did not give these as options......the game however certainly does not suck because of it as you state....but that is only MY opinion. Oh I'm sorry am I supposed to respect the wusses at eidos that have headshot censoring and stupid film grain and shaky cameras in the game? Nope not gonna happen. keep up the crappy Job eidos. I love you people and I love your fan boys. I bet they support Kane And Lynch 2 for it's censorship because they are wusses that can't handle blood! ha ha ha:rasp:

monzmeg
19th Aug 2010, 20:48
Oh I'm sorry am I supposed to respect the wusses at eidos that have headshot censoring and stupid film grain and shaky cameras in the game? Nope not gonna happen. keep up the crappy Job eidos. I love you people and I love your fan boys. I bet they support Kane And Lynch 2 for it's censorship because they are wusses that can't handle blood! ha ha ha:rasp:

Take it back to were you bought it from then....for fuc.ks sake.....you sir/madam are a complete tard......thats right I'm insulting nor RESPECTING the wuss KaneAndLynch1988......oh and if all these issues are affecting you in real life then I would definately get your ass back to the doctor, cause your meds aren't working.:flowers:

Nothing more too say on the subject....

Goes back to playing K&L dead men

KaneAndLynchFan1988
19th Aug 2010, 20:53
Uhh they aren't affecting me in real life. The game should be better , but it sucks just like GTA 4 only GTA 4 isn't censored. This game is for wusses.

monzmeg
19th Aug 2010, 20:57
We actually agree on something then...GTA IV bored the crap out of me lol

KaneAndLynchFan1988
20th Aug 2010, 02:23
Just remember I promise mafia 2 will kick the crap out of this game. And when it does I'm gonna rub it in eidos's face and I'm gonna rub it in eidos's fans's faces

egokillar
20th Aug 2010, 04:12

whats the fking point of that? im not watching a fking youtube video im playing a game ive payed for.

and that sh1tty headshot censor, whats the hell is that? if people dont like blood and gore dont buy a fking game that contains blood and gore.

egokillar
20th Aug 2010, 04:17
Just remember I promise mafia 2 will kick the crap out of this game. And when it does I'm gonna rub it in eidos's face and I'm gonna rub it in eidos's fans's faces

then rub it in your own face because you fail u idiot

joe the janitor
20th Aug 2010, 06:12
Why are we still posting on this thread? It's very old!
"01-16-2010"

KaneAndLynchFan1988
20th Aug 2010, 13:18
then rub it in your own face because you fail u idiot

Is that the best you got boy? Because if it is I'm just dissapointed.

Anarchy4_20
20th Aug 2010, 13:34
When I pre-ordered K&L2 I didn't know what to expect.
I have only played a little of the story, and ALOT of the online multiplayer.

Fact of the matter is, If they released a game that wasn't different to the others coming out & that are already out -> then it'd just be another fscking game.

The "censorship" only happens on head-shots (as far as I'm aware) and to be honest, I think it's a nice touch. It adds to the aura of the game.

Kane and Lynch: Dead Men was an awesome game (I thought), although the online multi-player was too laggy and **** to be fun(though I did spend a while on there).
Even back in that game, there was the aura of this psychotic, messed-up sorta mindset that the game sucks you into, and I think this joke 'censorship' is just to add to that. It doesn't always do it, sometimes the guys are just dead and un-censored, but really if you dislike the idea of giving a new game a fair shot at winning you over...then just don't buy it..I'm pretty sure the developers want people to enjoy their game(s)...so if you don't...then don't.

Personally, I LOVE both K&L games...please bring out another soon. very soon. right now, in fact.
I volunteer to be a beta tester =]
Peace

***BOF => EDIT***

whats the fking point of that? im not watching a fking youtube video im playing a game ive payed for.
and that sh1tty headshot censor, whats the hell is that? if people dont like blood and gore dont buy a fking game that contains blood and gore.
Your one of these people who will flame on any and all games that aren't exactly what they want.
You know what? If you don't like the game, then don't fscking play it.
I'm sure if you take it into a store right now and trade it in for another game that is more to your taste, then someone who wants it can re-buy it as a preowned. You'll lose a bit of cash, but hey - there was a demo out first, and demo's have a purpose.
***EOF => EDIT***

KaneAndLynchFan1988
20th Aug 2010, 16:39
When I pre-ordered K&L2 I didn't know what to expect.
I have only played a little of the story, and ALOT of the online multiplayer.

Fact of the matter is, If they released a game that wasn't different to the others coming out & that are already out -> then it'd just be another fscking game.

The "censorship" only happens on head-shots (as far as I'm aware) and to be honest, I think it's a nice touch. It adds to the aura of the game.

Kane and Lynch: Dead Men was an awesome game (I thought), although the online multi-player was too laggy and **** to be fun(though I did spend a while on there).
Even back in that game, there was the aura of this psychotic, messed-up sorta mindset that the game sucks you into, and I think this joke 'censorship' is just to add to that. It doesn't always do it, sometimes the guys are just dead and un-censored, but really if you dislike the idea of giving a new game a fair shot at winning you over...then just don't buy it..I'm pretty sure the developers want people to enjoy their game(s)...so if you don't...then don't.

Personally, I LOVE both K&L games...please bring out another soon. very soon. right now, in fact.
I volunteer to be a beta tester =]
Peace

***BOF => EDIT***

Your one of these people who will flame on any and all games that aren't exactly what they want.
You know what? If you don't like the game, then don't fscking play it.
I'm sure if you take it into a store right now and trade it in for another game that is more to your taste, then someone who wants it can re-buy it as a preowned. You'll lose a bit of cash, but hey - there was a demo out first, and demo's have a purpose.
***EOF => EDIT***

Your face has a purpose!:lmao:

joe the janitor
20th Aug 2010, 19:46
Your face has a purpose!:lmao:

Anarchy4_20
12th Sep 2010, 19:40
yeah.
It's purpose is to find *****ty little maggots - like yourself - something to do with youself (as a distraction from the REAL world that hates you - almost - as much as we all do) so that you forget all about how pathetic you are and how long you spend whineing about a GAME when you could be out getting laid or even just trading the game in for LOST - i'm sure you will love that one.
I suppose you could find someone who will blow your head off on film(Lynch, perhaps?) and then censor it. Not because of the headshot - no censorship after he shoots away the ugly - just beforehand, so we don't have to watch your ***** ugle face crying like a little girl before the man with the gun does the world a favor and gets rid of a whineing little ***got.

SlashPrower
12th Sep 2010, 19:53

Let's all just calm down and listen to some soothing music. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mJ3VaIN3a0)

Bevacur
12th Sep 2010, 20:11
Ha, i love this thread!

You people are so friendly, can we be friends?

JackGordon
12th Sep 2010, 21:27

Let's all just calm down and listen to some soothing music. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mJ3VaIN3a0)
I hate nu-metal.

SlashPrower
12th Sep 2010, 22:06
It's not my favorite song but I felt that it was the most fitting for this situation.

JackGordon
13th Sep 2010, 00:08
It's not my favorite song but I felt that it was the most fitting for this situation.
Wrong. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2tEM6T3BdA)

ohitspatty
13th Sep 2010, 00:50
I actually really liked the sound of the game. Should play it with headphones, it's really well done in my opinion. It is one of those good things about Dog Days.

GrievousOdyssey
13th Sep 2010, 00:53
I'm surprised no one mentionned about the clapping scene ...

Censorship and all ...

Bevacur
13th Sep 2010, 16:39
Anybody else hearing clapping sounds from their parents room?

GrievousOdyssey
14th Sep 2010, 02:28
Before or After the dishes starts to fly out the window ? and making people believe it's UFOs ? ...

hardcoregame
6th Oct 2010, 21:26
You can download the 100% working NUDE patch from here....

http://www.easy-share.com/1912548622/K&L2.cen.rem.rar

Note: Headshot censorship still exists :-(

joe the janitor
6th Oct 2010, 22:57
You can download the 100% working NUDE patch from here....

http://www.easy-share.com/1912548622/K&L2.cen.rem.rar

Note: Headshot censorship still exists :-(

:lol:

Umm ok, why in the world would I want to ruin Kane & Lynch for myself?

JackGordon
6th Oct 2010, 23:14
Somebody desperately wanted to see some criminal dicks.

BeardedHoplite
6th Oct 2010, 23:21
I don't think IO would've even rendered K&L's, er...parts. It's probably a just like in the Sims where there is creepy nothingness under the blur. Or it could be a virus, you know, whatever.

SlashPrower
7th Oct 2010, 00:45
Nah, I think I remember Bevacur talking about how he died in just a way that he accidentally slipped past the pixels and got to see detail.

Also, olololololol. Worst patch ever. I want to know who looked at that scene and thought "this is cool, but it would be better if I could see their junk".

GrievousOdyssey
7th Oct 2010, 14:12
Does the patch removes the nudity on Xiu and Shanghsi's daughter as well or just Lynch and Kane's thingy ? ...