PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Question on Razielim skins

SkippyMcDoogle
5th Mar 2014, 18:34
With the reveal on the new Turelim and Dumahim skins, I started thinking about the current look for the Razielim. If they've already devolved, why do they still have five fingers/toes? My thinking is that considering the monstrous look and the fact that they have wings, wouldn't they be down to the claws already?

Don't get me wrong, they look awesome, I'm just curious as to the thinking behind it.

Khalith
5th Mar 2014, 18:35
The three clawed cloven hoof look is the state of being an adult vampire, the current playable vampires are all still young fledglings. The razielim are devolved fledglings, not devolved adults. That's my take on it anyway.

SkippyMcDoogle
5th Mar 2014, 19:05
That could explain it I suppose; maybe the rapid devolution from starving just changes some things but not all. If you look at the devolved fledglings from the Soul Reaver era though, they have the three clawed/cloven look going on without being adults.

RainaAudron
5th Mar 2014, 19:16
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/vampire-clan-evolved-skins-the-sentinel-of-clan-razielim

SkippyMcDoogle
5th Mar 2014, 19:32
Well that helps clear it up a bit! I checked the blog this morning and only saw the Dumahim post :). So the appearance of the fledgling Razielim is due to the devolution caused by lack of blood while trapped; and the claws/hooves are caused by evolving over time as the vamp ages.

This would mean the wings are a lesser stage of evolution than the claws though right?

Vampmaster
5th Mar 2014, 22:03
The claws and hoves are part of the vampires natural lifespan, whereas the mutations are caused by Kain's corruption. So it's kind of like two seperate forces are at work.

SkippyMcDoogle
6th Mar 2014, 12:22
Ah, that makes sense then. Two separate causes for the different changes. I never though about the claws and hooves being a natural part of being a vamp, Janos even had them. Thanks for the feedback all!

shinros
6th Mar 2014, 18:08
Funny enough daniel tells the real life reason why vampires evolve to have those features we can all thank vorador. During development of soul reaver they looked back at blood omen one and saw Vorador and they simply went WTH IS THAT. So from that they got the idea that vampires evolve and get some traits similar to the ancient vampires like the hands and feet.