PDA

View Full Version : No network Co-Op in PS3 Version??

iCEQB
15th Jan 2010, 16:53
Hi,

I just read the EuroGamer preview and actually I couldn't believe what I just read.
The PS3 Version of Kane & Lynch 2 only has Splitscreen Co-Op ? No Network ?
Seriously IO, as much as I love your games and the anticipation you put into your work, but this is the most stupid, and I repeat THE MOST STUPID thing that you could possible do, especially with the goal in mind to make the sequel better then the first one.
I mean, whats the point? Wheres the reason? Especially when you have LAN and Online gameplay in Fragile Alliance...I can't Imagine it's harder to implement this into the Singleplayer campaign.
Seriously but just reading this, it completly destroyed my good feeling about this game....I was even ready to pay a lot more money for any version of that game, but this just make me think of even buying this game....this is most dissapointing "news" I've could possibly read about this game and it just realy happend.

Anyway....Nick i you read this...please give the coders a damn slap in the face and tell them that THIS is just pure non sense!

Thanks for reading, thanks for IO destroying the PS3 version.

iCEQB

fowlerson
15th Jan 2010, 19:31
surely there must b a mistake im always on frag alliance on ps3 its brilliant im sure it will b back bigger and better. u stil playin frag all on ps3?

iCEQB
15th Jan 2010, 19:34
Yes!

But you maybe understood it wrong....it reffers to, that K&L 2 wont have online co-op (singleplayer). Multiplayer on the other hand seems to be (hopefully) in full working order.

iCEQB

TheMoD
15th Jan 2010, 20:01
Hm maybe the were only talking about the current version of the game? What is it, pre-alpha?

Bevacur
15th Jan 2010, 20:36
What is it, pre-alpha?

Yes it is, Acid Burn said.

Nick@IO
15th Jan 2010, 21:13
Hi,

I just read the EuroGamer preview and actually I couldn't believe what I just read.
The PS3 Version of Kane & Lynch 2 only has Splitscreen Co-Op ? No Network ?
Seriously IO, as much as I love your games and the anticipation you put into your work, but this is the most stupid, and I repeat THE MOST STUPID thing that you could possible do, especially with the goal in mind to make the sequel better then the first one.
I mean, whats the point? Wheres the reason? Especially when you have LAN and Online gameplay in Fragile Alliance...I can't Imagine it's harder to implement this into the Singleplayer campaign.
Seriously but just reading this, it completly destroyed my good feeling about this game....I was even ready to pay a lot more money for any version of that game, but this just make me think of even buying this game....this is most dissapointing "news" I've could possibly read about this game and it just realy happend.

Anyway....Nick i you read this...please give the coders a damn slap in the face and tell them that THIS is just pure non sense!

Thanks for reading, thanks for IO destroying the PS3 version.

iCEQB

Where did you read that, sorry? Can you link to it? As far as I know, that's completely wrong.

Jacksolsmith
15th Jan 2010, 23:38
Yes it is, Acid Burn said.

pre alpha? surely not the game looks pretty darn polished for a game that's PRE alpha...Eh, I wouldn't know.

iCEQB
15th Jan 2010, 23:44
Where did you read that, sorry? Can you link to it? As far as I know, that's completely wrong.

It's here http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/kane-and-lynch-2-dog-days-vorschau?page=1

it's in german:

Im Unterschied zum Vorgänger lenkt ihr in der neuen Episode allerdings nicht mehr Ex-Söldner Kane (außer im Kooperativ-Modus, den es in der PS3-Version nur am geteilten Bildschirm und nicht im Netzwerk gibt),...

which means:

In comparison to it's predecessor where you got to play as the ex-mercenary kane (except in the cooperative mode, which on the PS3 is only available via splitscreen and not via network), ... you are going to paly as Lynch bla bla....

any ideas?

iCEQB

Nick@IO
16th Jan 2010, 10:32
Hm, I'll try to find out what that is about.

Kent-45
16th Jan 2010, 15:07
Obviously it's an error in translation. Why wouldn't there be online co-op for PC, Xbox, and PS3... that's the biggest selling point they've got.

DrDoom
16th Jan 2010, 15:10
It's here http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/kane-and-lynch-2-dog-days-vorschau?page=1

it's in german:

which means:

In comparison to it's predecessor where you got to play as the ex-mercenary kane (except in the cooperative mode, which on the PS3 is only available via splitscreen and not via network), ... you are going to paly as Lynch bla bla....

any ideas?

iCEQB

Sounds to me they are talking about the first one, and how you could only play as Kane, unless you were playing in co-op which was only available via splitscreen.

TheMoD
16th Jan 2010, 16:52
Obviously it's an error in translation. Why wouldn't there be online co-op for PC, Xbox, and PS3... that's the biggest selling point they've got.

He translated it correctly, I speak german aswell

Jacksolsmith
16th Jan 2010, 18:12
Obviously it's an error in the article Why wouldn't there be online co-op for PC, Xbox, and PS3... that's the biggest selling point they've got.

fix'd

ohitspatty
16th Jan 2010, 21:44
I think they are talking about Dead Men.

"ex-mercenary kane (except in the cooperative mode, which on the PS3 is only available via splitscreen and not via network)"

It's the same sentence where they are describing the first game. You see, the article says that you played as Kane except in the co-op, which was only available via splitscreen. They made a mistake with having the whole "PS3" in there because there was no online co-op for any of the systems.

That's just what I think.

TheMoD
17th Jan 2010, 01:54
It's an oddly constructed sentence.. There's probably nothing to worry about

BeardedHoplite
21st Jan 2010, 00:02
PS3 can burn for all I care

Kent-45
21st Jan 2010, 02:23
While I don't necessarily share your disdain for the PS3, I will say that I don't think it's nearly as fun to play online multiplayer without a mouse and keyboard.

that's just me though. I like making those precision shots, that even the best controller user can't make.

TheMoD
21st Jan 2010, 20:22
Yeah I'm gonna get the game for pc aswell, because obviously the graphics will be better than the console versions of the game and I also prefer playing FA with a mouse and keyboard. For the singleplayer however I'm probably gonna use a gamepad, I prefer playing most new games with a gamepad in singleplayer. Sure it's not as precise as mouse and keyboard but new games are mainly being developed for consoles (sadly) and so I always have this feeling that playing them with a gamepad is the way "it's meant to be played". Also I really love walking around in a game using an analog stick. Esp in a game like kane and lynch where it's all about the atmosphere. It's just so fluid compared to WASD. So the main reasons I get the pc version are: Better graphics, it's cheaper and I get to play online with a mouse and keyboard. But maybe I'll get it on ps3 sometime when Microsoft tells me again that I can't use my cdkey anymore for some ******* reason -.- (pisses me so off I can't play FA on pc anymore and I don't even know why)

AfgRoyalty
22nd Jan 2010, 00:46
I just hope that this game will still give out free dlc for 360, and not like halo 3 where it knew how big it was and made us pay for it. (I didnt buy any Dlc for halo)

I am kane
24th Jan 2010, 02:51
PS3 can burn for all I care SHUT the **** up thats cold!:(

Nick@IO
24th Jan 2010, 20:00
Online coop is part of all formats of this game, I believe. I will chase this tomorrow.

BeardedHoplite
24th Jan 2010, 20:17
SHUT the **** up thats cold!:(

No it's not, it's hot, 'cause it's burning!

Nick@IO
25th Jan 2010, 09:51
Alright, here's the deal - PS3 version will obviously support offline and online coop, HOWEVER it will not support LAN coop, which will only be available for the 360.

Hope that helps a little.

Falkenwut
25th Jan 2010, 12:29
Alright, here's the deal - PS3 version will obviously support offline and online coop, HOWEVER it will not support LAN coop, which will only be available for the 360.

Hope that helps a little.

Wait... no Lan co-op for pc??

Nick@IO
25th Jan 2010, 13:15
Wait... no Lan co-op for pc??

Dude, come on... LAN for PC is in, of course. :nut:

iCEQB
25th Jan 2010, 16:18
Where is the point then?...I mean OK...I dont care about LAN...but why not on PS3 ? FA on Dead Men had LAN for example...would it be that hard to it again on a single palyer campain for the second game?
I honestly dont see any sense there...maybe some hate for the PS3 at IO ?

Falkenwut
25th Jan 2010, 16:20
My guess is probably a chunk of coding which is VERY VERY difficult for Team Retomoto to fix (and I don't mean the Japanese Yakuza Boss)... just a hunch...

Nick@IO
25th Jan 2010, 20:34
Where is the point then?...I mean OK...I dont care about LAN...but why not on PS3 ? FA on Dead Men had LAN for example...would it be that hard to it again on a single palyer campain for the second game?
I honestly dont see any sense there...maybe some hate for the PS3 at IO ?

Most of us looooove the PS3. Heck, one of the guys here used to work for Sony. He keeps pimping that machine around the office like he was still paid to do so. Which he may be. Who knows, right?

As to the reason for no LAN for PS3 - beats me. I can try to find out but may get some technical mumbo jumbo answer. Play it online with a friend and enjoy it that way.