PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Discuss: Potential changes i have in mind. + some additions.

Doomy12155
5th Mar 2014, 16:19
So i'v played a few matches of Nosgoth (about 20?) i don't fully grasp the whole game yet but i've made some notes as to things that might help out with balance / fun factor.

HUMANS:

- Fire seems a bit weak
- Option to have a mist for alchemist that removes debuffs
- Bola should be unbreakable (or upgradeable to be unbreakable) IE Tyrant can't press F and escape the bola's duration.

Vampires:

- Tweak the sentinels time in ''flight'' while holding right click (Decrease it making it harder to land).
- Tyrant currently has no combo as the gcd after using a skill is like 1.5-2 seconds making sure you have to melee, tweak the gcd for certain skills so tyrant will be able to combo while not being too OP.
- A team of stalkers using poison bomb overlapping eachother seems a bit much on the damage scale.

Just my 2 cents real quick would love to discuss further changes. Thank you..

MarinePikachu
5th Mar 2014, 20:22
Really hope people would spend more time than just 20 games to start suggesting these very big changes.

HUMANS:

- Fire seems a bit weak
WAY strong not sure how you feel its weak. Play against good alchs and it gets annoying especially ppl who can use the flamewall well because thats essentially damaging players plus u still have ur cannon to fire so if you can do that well it is so much dmg output.

- Option to have a mist for alchemist that removes debuffs
Sure. I dont have anything against this really.

- Bola should be unbreakable (or upgradeable to be unbreakable) IE Tyrant can't press F and escape the bola's duration.
Bola unbreakable? really? I can agree with an upgradeable one that has a ton of downsides but making bola unbreakable by default is a bad idea. Bolas are already very good (to break out of bola u end up taking yourself out of combat so it turns a battle 3v4 and using a spell putting it in CD). BTW have you seen classes that swap their dodge/invul skill for a more dmg+faster movement skill? If they get bola then they are pretty much dead and bolas are easy to land. I like playing against those ppl cuz its easy to kill them.

Vampires:

- Tweak the sentinels time in ''flight'' while holding right click (Decrease it making it harder to land).
If you mean its too easy to accidently land while trying to grab then i think you are wrong. Alpha was TOO easy to accidently land; beta sent grabs are so easy to do and hard to accidently land.

- Tyrant currently has no combo as the gcd after using a skill is like 1.5-2 seconds making sure you have to melee, tweak the gcd for certain skills so tyrant will be able to combo while not being too OP.
No combos? As a tyrant if you jump in it stuns a person long enough for the tyrant to slam the ground making another stun. This is a combo and you have plenty of time to do a slam after jumping in. Another is charging in and then using that fissure thing. The first combo doesnt allow time to dodge out if close to the tyrant.

- A team of stalkers using poison bomb overlapping eachother seems a bit much on the damage scale.
I am assuming you meant a reaver. Probably but if you get caught in so many poison bombs your team is probably playing incorrectly. If its 3 or 4 reavers, you should be spread out in the open but in sight of each other so that poison does like nothing. Dont hide in a closed space. That is pretty much the intended purpose of the poison is to break turtling

Xenonetix
5th Mar 2014, 21:31
Really hope people would spend more time than just 20 games to start suggesting these very big changes.

20 games is over 6 hours. I think that's enough to start making suggestions.

Syst3mzero
6th Mar 2014, 02:18
20 games is over 6 hours. I think that's enough to start making suggestions.

no, at 6 hours in a LOT of players still haven't figured out its a team game, if they have they haven't figured out that they need to stay in LOS of their allies, if they have then they are probably grouping tight instead of spreading to counter AOE, if they have realised they need to spread they probably haven't figured out how to use vampire audio cues to determine incoming threat, if the have they probably haven't realised they need to save AOEs and explosives to finish off escaping reavers and tyrants, if they have they are probably sticking to their favourite class rather than picking a class to counter enemy play style.

that's just the human round!

and remember they have to learn it for themselves because hell hath no fury like a noob advised! you try telling someone something in game like "stop running off solo" you get raged at with every swear word in the book and then told you are ruining the game and that you are not so pro... whaaaa? I just asked them to stay with the group...

so yeah I agree with MarinePikachu despite the fact I hate him soooooo much for killing me all the time.

although the game needs to be good for new players if you balance based on their opinion you break the high lvl gameplay because what works in a game where players stand in reaver haze and don't attempt to move out of it isn't going to work I a game where the players have figured out dodging it is the smarter move.

(some people get confused and think I'm elitist when I call it high lvl gameplay and assume because I claim to play high lvl I mean I'm super mega awesome at the game,truth is I'm good most the time but not one of the greats, high lvl gameplay in my opinion is the knowledge accumulated of attacks and counters, tactics, and awareness of your allies and prediction of enemy moves).

MarinePikachu
6th Mar 2014, 19:29
Agreed with what Syst3mzero said. In addition I think 6 hours may barely get you past 1-10 lobby (you may end up lvl 13). That pretty much means that they just started playing with real people who don't just stand their and get attacked (well quite a few still do but more people who know what they are doing)

Sdoots
6th Mar 2014, 19:41
That's not exactly a fair statement. I spent 6 hours in the alpha, and maybe another 6 so far in the beta. So at a glance, you're telling me that you'd assume I'd have no idea what I'm doing? Shouldn't a players performance be the indication of that?

I know you guys are trying to not sound elitist, but, well, you kind of are. Just saying.

I think the flamethrower could use a slight increase in damage, emphasis on slight. It's very close to where it should be, but it still feels just a bit weak considering the wind-up time and the fact that it's a goddamn flamethrower. Invincible bolas are absurd, sorry. They do what they need to do just fine as they are, and even if someone breaks out, you've still denied them an ability or at least temporarily slowed an advance.