PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Origins ? PS3 Magazine tell us something :)

$Mr.Croft$
14th Jan 2010, 18:55
Ok i just got the latest PS3 Mag and in an Article it says :

How Tomb Raider Will be Remade For 2010

Laras Plan To Compete With Uncharted And Assasin's...

Parkour is in:
Lara may have defined platforming in 3D , but game's like Mirror's Edge and Assasin's Creed have taken it to the next level. Expect new Lara to have some serious Free-Running skills.

Needs Multi-Player:
A recent job ad posted by the latest TR developer, Crystal Dynamics, calls for someone to "effectively create and lead the multi-player vision and design effort" on an unannounced AAA title. It's going to be Tomb raider, and we reckon Uncharted 2 will supply the inspiration for online play.

New setting
New challenge:
Along with the leaked character image were shots of some kind of unearthly being riding a horse. It suggests to us that the next Raider will ahve more of a supernatural bent, much like the latter stages of Uncharted 2, only with a little extra fear factor. Will dual pistols keep Lara safe?

Change of clothes:
The modern trend of video game ladies (with the exeption of Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden) ahs been to tone down the overtly sexy. Except Lara's new togs to be more conservative, with just a hint of something smouldering. Think Chloe or Elena from Uncharted 2

New look:
Lara has changed over the years, but somehow - in Underworld - she still managed to look like a game heroine from the 90s. Supposed leaked images suggest a radical facial redesign has been suggested for the next title in the series.

Oh and guess what else i found :)

Publisher: Square Enix Developer: Crystal Dynamics ETA: 2010

Hope it tells you something :)

Well thats the only article i found in the magazine .

So thanks for reading it :):lmao:

Ants_27_
14th Jan 2010, 19:13
Ah, Thankyou for that and welcome.:cool:

Now I do agree with the clothing bit. The problem I think with games is how they have female characters wearing absolutely nothing, making them come across as... do I need to say it?:lol:

I mean strong and 'smouldering' (to keep it related) doesn't have to wear nothing to make them come a cross as attractive. Alas, the use of Elena and Chloe for the example.

$Mr.Croft$
14th Jan 2010, 19:19
Lol :) I just copied it and i agree with you really lol :)

josh1122
14th Jan 2010, 22:44
Still not interested in the game :(

I disagree with the article too that it ''NEEDS'' multiplayer. Too many games tack it on just for the sake of having it

tombraidergal
14th Jan 2010, 22:47
>:( is every article about tr9 involving uncharted??? GRRR!

jayjay119
14th Jan 2010, 23:07
Its jsut because its the most relatable thing in terms of genre, in terms of gameplay I was happy to see it being compared not with Uncharted but games that actually share the same gameplay style like Assassin's Creed and Mirror's Edge. At least that guy/gal knows what thy are going on about

Gemma_Darkmoon_
15th Jan 2010, 02:11
The facial redesign sound a little worrying. Hope she still looks like Lara when they are done. At least the magazines are still writting about TR and a possible comeback. That's got to be good news.

jayjay119
15th Jan 2010, 03:35
I think by that they just mean they're gonna make her face look more realistic, whilst Lara is pretty her face has always been a bit unrealistic.

rain122793
15th Jan 2010, 04:05
i definately have to agree with jayjay, her face has always had that small quality of unrealistic but not by so much that it looks like the classics or anything. it would be interesting to see thiem make a TR game in this style. Remember try not to be negative, this could be, as I say COULD be the perfect formula for the new Tomb Raider. They just might get it right, you never know. I'll be looking forward to the new TR as always.
I would highly suggest as always to never get your hopes to high in case you were looking for something else than what you get, cuz that just totally blows when your dissapointed.

pinpal
15th Jan 2010, 04:23
Still not interested in the game :(

I disagree with the article too that it ''NEEDS'' multiplayer. Too many games tack it on just for the sake of having it

It's a new Tomb Raider game, you better get interested****. Wake up:poke: A.New.Tomb.Raider.Game.is.in.developement. Go Crazy:gamer:

Bampire
15th Jan 2010, 05:38
NO TO MULTIPLAYER :mad2:

But YES to FREE RUNNING!:D

josh1122
15th Jan 2010, 14:23
It's a new Tomb Raider game, you better get interested****. Wake up:poke: A.New.Tomb.Raider.Game.is.in.developement. Go Crazy:gamer:

No thanks, everything that I've heard about this game has not interested me

I'm on the ''I'll have to wait and see'' train. I'll have to seen some game play videos to see if those change my mind about the game

_Love2Raid_
15th Jan 2010, 14:41
Thank you very much for posting! :)

It doesn't mention anything I didn't know yet, but I'm happy to see people are still interested in TR. :thumb:

$Mr.Croft$
15th Jan 2010, 15:43
Lol I agree with most of you about the multiplayer . Why the heck does she need multiplayer . Its not Lara ! And Like him up there said ^ " Im not really bovered about tomb raider" Erm hello ITS TOMB RAIDER :) A new game is being made right now as i'm typing this :) Tomb raider has never had multiplayer and dont think she needs to have it now !

Free-running Yes
Change of clothes Maybee :scratch:
Multiplayer NO :nut:
And well Yes to everything else :D

$Mr.Croft$
15th Jan 2010, 15:45
Oh and by the way , GamesMaster released an article about it too . Anyone want me to post it ?

$Mr.Croft$

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
15th Jan 2010, 17:49
NOOOOO!!!!! :eek:
why in the **** would they change the way Lara looks???!!!!!:mad2::mad2:

ugh, i CANNOT believe this :(

Rexie
15th Jan 2010, 18:00
I don't even need a reason. I don't even need to post. People know what I'm going to say.

And people wonder my my mousepad says "Bang Head Here."

IvanaKC
15th Jan 2010, 19:32
If they are going to change her, **** Square enix then. They are going to make her look like Lightning from ffXIII with brown hair - so Japanese style. And from teh concepts we've all seen, Lara looks too different.

jayjay119
15th Jan 2010, 20:52
If they are going to change her, **** Square enix then. They are going to make her look like Lightning from ffXIII with brown hair - so Japanese style. And from teh concepts we've all seen, Lara looks too different.

Can you say stereotype? Lara is a white British female form the British royal family, I doubt they are going to make her look Japanese. Lara has always looked different in every game near enough but she always looks like Lara. I expect this time to be no different, plus she needs to look a little different as she is so much younger. Stop over reacting and ranting people please, there's nothing even concrete known yet

tombraidergal
15th Jan 2010, 21:01
OK ok i am confused. Free running? Doesn't lara already have free running? Or does it mean she can run anywhere? i thought that was open world! Confused!

$Mr.Croft$
15th Jan 2010, 21:46
Yes they mean an open world i think . Because she doesn't really Free-Run does she because killing a tiger then jumping on rocks then killing more tigers and then some spiders isnt Free-Running . So yeah i think they do mean that :)

$Mr.Croft$

Ants_27_
15th Jan 2010, 23:42
OK ok i am confused. Free running? Doesn't lara already have free running? Or does it mean she can run anywhere? i thought that was open world! Confused!

In a nut-shell, Free-running is away to break free of the Urban prison that surrounds us, allowing them to run up walls and jump from roof-top to roof-top.Which isn't really something Lara hasn't really shown... not in the way I see the whle free-running.

In real-life this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6xEkjeV60Q

In games this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acD6s4E3xso
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fYVwAbyhUI

aussie500
16th Jan 2010, 02:31
Thanks for the news $Mr.Croft$.

NOOOOO!!!!! :eek:
why in the **** would they change the way Lara looks???!!!!!:mad2::mad2:

ugh, i CANNOT believe this :(

No point getting upset over what is still speculation, no matter who writes it. Besides which if it turns out the reboot is an origin story from years ago you would expect Lara to look different.

Randy 54
16th Jan 2010, 04:18
No thanks, everything that I've heard about this game has not interested me

I'm on the ''I'll have to wait and see'' train. I'll have to seen some game play videos to see if those change my mind about the game

I have also gotten my ticket for this train ride and hopefully it will take me to a positive destination, but the way it looks right now, it's going to be a round trip.

Max 28
16th Jan 2010, 05:13
It's nice to see news come to the public eye, thank you for sharing.

I think the free running is going to do very well in the next game, I very much look forward to that.

I still disagree with the multiplayer, if the game is done well enough I don't think there is a need for multiplayer. I can't see it fitting well with TR unless it becomes quite a different game. I even think Lara's character will have to change to a degree, she's always gone solo in the field. But I've just thought if this is 'Origins' and is what molds her into Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, help from other people with experience could be quite acceptable. Just like Von Croy's tutorials.

I have no problem with the face change. I think it's needed. She still has that slightly 'cartoon' look from the 90's and I think she can still be a recognisable character if she keeps the same style and look of a raider but with a new facial structure. :)

tombraidergal
16th Jan 2010, 10:32
In a nut-shell, Free-running is away to break free of the Urban prison that surrounds us, allowing them to run up walls and jump from roof-top to roof-top.Which isn't really something Lara hasn't really shown... not in the way I see the whle free-running.

In real-life this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6xEkjeV60Q

In games this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acD6s4E3xso
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fYVwAbyhUI

Wow nice vids!!!!

Ants_27_
16th Jan 2010, 11:22
I think the free running is going to do very well in the next game, I very much look forward to that.

The problem arises would it work in TR? My reason being that free-running works best in a city scape as it is well built up. Plus I think the whole philosophy behind it is about speed and flow of movement which means it is a case of constant movement as opposed to jump, stop, jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ4YG8_x64I

I mean I would like it as I think it works well in Assassins creed and mirrors edge. I think it's down to how people view it, I mean Crystals definition will probably be different than mine.

EDIT: My main point was aimed towards those who moan about the automatic 'ledge grabbing' that Lara has now. Adding free-running will still be the same as the grabbing is now, you won't technically control her during the parts to which you use the free-running.

MaloneCroft09
16th Jan 2010, 15:31

Amen tombraidergal!!

$Mr.Croft$
16th Jan 2010, 17:03
Lol @MaloneCroft09

Lara_kid
17th Jan 2010, 08:18
Changing her look !!! maybe revamping her old clothes from the previous series and adding new outfits as well. Example : her plait could be added to some outfits.
And also bringing back the outfit selection. So you can pick any outfit in the game for any level, like TRL and TRA.
The above is what I miss with TRU

Multiplayer is what Im not sure about.:scratch:

But a Tomb Raider game is being made rigth now, That is enough to make me excited :nut:

chriss_99
17th Jan 2010, 09:31

Don't worry. There will be times when every article about Uncharted will involve Tomb Raider ;)

IvanaKC
17th Jan 2010, 13:01
Changing her look !!! maybe revamping her old clothes from the previous series and adding new outfits as well. Example : her plait could be added to some outfits.
And also bringing back the outfit selection. So you can pick any outfit in the game for any level, like TRL and TRA.
The above is what I miss with TRU

Multiplayer is what Im not sure about.:scratch:

But a Tomb Raider game is being made rigth now, That is enough to make me excited :nut:

That's what I want too. We all remember classic in Legend, where she does wearing a braid.

Pulse
23rd Jan 2010, 22:17
All that sounds great! :D

maybe we could wait for the release though

LC is Me
24th Jan 2010, 21:41
NO TO MULTIPLAYER :mad2:

But YES to FREE RUNNING!:D
Agreed.

And also...I don't see how there is a NEED to redesign Lara...AGAIN...to make the game better...
I personally wouldn't care if she was but a stick figure with a ponytail as long as the game was good.
Focus on more important things and then come back to that.
Unless it's in cut-scenes, it's not like we're gonna see her face ANYWAY. Quit BSing around...

Bampire
24th Jan 2010, 22:22
Agreed.

And also...I don't see how there is a NEED to redesign Lara...AGAIN...to make the game better...
I personally wouldn't care if she was but a stick figure with a ponytail as long as the game was good.
Focus on more important things and then come back to that.
Unless it's in cut-scenes, it's not like we're gonna see her face ANYWAY. Quit BSing around...

They're redesigning her because she's spposed to be younger in this game. You don't want a 20+ Lara playing the role of a teenager. It may work in television/films, but it shouldn't work in games. Lara's going to be inexperienced, thin, and all that fun stuff. So all in all, we do need the new and younger Lara to get the feeling that we are playing as her in the past and not present.

Danielsun_
25th Jan 2010, 00:10
Well until any official announcment everything is left to speculation im curious as to how much of this will be true and how much will be false, only time will tell :)

Pulse
25th Jan 2010, 01:33
Um. I want Lara to look like a person not a barbie so.... redesign away. just don't make her ugly. People who look realistic can be pretty too

LC is Me
27th Jan 2010, 22:38
They're redesigning her because she's spposed to be younger in this game. You don't want a 20+ Lara playing the role of a teenager. It may work in television/films, but it shouldn't work in games. Lara's going to be inexperienced, thin, and all that fun stuff. So all in all, we do need the new and younger Lara to get the feeling that we are playing as her in the past and not present.

Yeah I understand that fully.
I guess my mouth went moving too much at this:

"Lara has changed over the years, but somehow - in Underworld - she still managed to look like a game heroine from the 90s."