PDA

View Full Version : Game wigging out

Gaderath
14th Jan 2010, 17:57
I'm walking along a hallway, I think it's the same hallway that in the demo you took down armed blackgate guys the first time, and nice music plays, you hear "Did anyone catch the game last night?," Batman coughs, and then the sound breaks into static, and purple/green staticy bars start to cross the screen and the game wigs out for 5ish seconds, before going to a cutscene like the introduction with Bats/Joker swapped in roles. Without any spoilers, can someone tell me why it's wigging out and how to fix it so I can continue on? Rebooting the game and comp hasn't helped, as it has been happening for about 2 weeks now.

cyborg34572
14th Jan 2010, 18:45
The whole static thing and screen messing up is part of the game. So just just let the static thing and purple/black bars happen and watch the cutscene afterwards. The game didnt mess up or anything, its just really like that, they developers did that just to scare u lol.

Gaderath
14th Jan 2010, 18:54
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

LIGHTS
14th Jan 2010, 19:47
Cyborg is saying that what you just experienced is what's supposed to happen. There is no error. It's all part of the gameplay because

You're in Scarecrow's dream.

Gaderath
14th Jan 2010, 20:06
I get what he's saying, and I understand fine about the cutscene, but the sound turning to nails on a chalk board static with the screen turning all nutso?

LIGHTS
14th Jan 2010, 20:38
Nope, that's perfectly normal.

Gaderath
14th Jan 2010, 21:32
Sounds more like a bug that's really common

slingblade123
14th Jan 2010, 21:34
Are you retarded? Everyone is telling you that it's normal. IT'S NORMAL.

Nemesis296
14th Jan 2010, 21:39
Sounds more like a bug that's really common

Just keep playing. Everything will turn to normal...sorta ;)

Gaderath
14th Jan 2010, 23:06
Are you retarded? Everyone is telling you that it's normal. IT'S NORMAL.

You're cool. Thanks for contributing.

Just keep playing. Everything will turn to normal...sorta ;)
I get what's happening, and i like it, it just seems a really odd/bad segue connecting things.

cyborg34572
15th Jan 2010, 01:24
Theres lots of videos of that part on youtube, go watch some :P.
the sound and graphics going nuts in that part is perfectly normal.

jtr7
15th Jan 2010, 04:47
He's said more than once that he understands that it's designed to be that way, but disagrees with the design choices. And you're calling him mentally deficient? :nut:

Nemesis296
15th Jan 2010, 13:09
I get what's happening, and i like it, it just seems a really odd/bad segue connecting things.

If you ever played Metal Gear Solid 1 you'd understand better. They did a similar thing with the Psycho Mantis fight. Look it up on YouTube it's pretty sweet.

Cloughster73
24th Jan 2010, 14:14
I thought it was awesome. Scarecrow has drugged Batman, he's "tripping balls" man! You must work him through it.

Harleylove
23rd Apr 2010, 00:45
The player fear (damaged game) scarecrow gas afects you too.... lol !!

riddleme
24th Apr 2010, 22:20
The player fear (damaged game) scarecrow gas afects you too.... lol !!

Exactly. Scarecrow's toxin invokes a person's worst fear. At that point the player's worst fear is that his/her game will crash while he/she is enjoying the awesomeness that is Batman: AA. Especially the PC version where a computer crash is not uncommon.

It scared me. I was like "NOOOOOO", and then I figured it out. Heh, brilliant.

sir biscuit
25th Apr 2010, 04:51
Hey I saw the Youtube clips and it STILL got me! Thought my new system just dumped on me! LOL...