PDA

View Full Version : Jenny *Spoilers maybe*

Brackstone17
13th Jan 2010, 23:26
SHE'S ALIVE!!!

The IGN article mentions Kane is working with Lynch again to earn some money for his daughter. It doesn't mention which ending is canon, though I'd assume it's the helicopter one. Now, what do you think this will mean for Kane?

TheMoD
14th Jan 2010, 00:08
Yes I know! :D i was sure she was gonna be dead. But she isn't! You think Its the helicopter ending? Hmm I actually think the canon ending is the consequence ending and that kane needs the money for a surgery that needs to be performed on his daughter

iCEQB
14th Jan 2010, 00:10
Yes I know! :D i was sure she was gonna be dead. But she isn't! You think Its the helicopter ending? Hmm I actually think the canon ending is the consequence ending and that kane needs the money for a surgery that needs to be performed on his daughter

I actually think that too, because with the helicopter ending, nothing happend to jenny and Lynch was pretty pissed at kane at the end to call him "old friend" in the trailer...so I think they used the canon ending and she barely survived the whole thing.

Brackstone17
14th Jan 2010, 00:11
I'm not ruling out the other ending, but I gotta say, she seemed pretty dead. Lynch seemed convinced of this as well. I do hope it is the boat ending though, I always preferred that one.

Kent-45
14th Jan 2010, 00:49
That's funny that was my same reaction: SHE'S ALIVE!!!

yeah everything I thought I knew about the story is wrong. Go figure. I don't even know what to think anymore.

Acid_Burn
14th Jan 2010, 01:10
Hm, i think we won't see her in KL2.
And i don't know if it's good or bad. It means that Kane betrayed his buddies. That is sad :(

Kent-45
14th Jan 2010, 01:24
It makes no sense that Lynch would call Kane "my friend" if he had been left to die in Cuba.

I think we just found the first plot hole.

DrDoom
14th Jan 2010, 01:46
When news first started coming out I though Lynch called Kane because he was in trouble. Not for a last score? Besides in the trailer that has already been released doesn't exactly look like Kane has been taking it easy.

Arsh
14th Jan 2010, 03:36
I like to think she simply survived the gunshot wound.

WickedJohnny
14th Jan 2010, 07:48
I'm thinking that the helicopter ending is the one they're going by here. It disappoints me, not just the traitorous connotations of it, but also the fact that Kane does have something to live for still. Also, how would Lynch have escaped if Kane never came back? They barely did with Kane's help.

Though, on the other hand, if the helicopter ending is canon, perhaps this just further illustrates how much of a bastard Kane really is. Even though, being in Lynch's shoes, I find it hard to buy he'd put trust into Kane again after the Cuba incident.

dark_angel_7
14th Jan 2010, 09:37
TBH I was never really interested in the Jenny character. Hopefully she wont make a re-appearance.

WickedJohnny
14th Jan 2010, 10:03
Yeah she was almost totally an unsympathetic excuse of a character, even juxtapositioned with Kane and Lynch, who are the epitomy of bastards.

Kent-45
14th Jan 2010, 15:16
How did Lynch get out of Cuba on his own? How did Lynch escape? Lynch couldn't find his own ass without Kane's help.

Like I've said before, I think they are basically going to abandon the storyline of the first game. I doubt that Lynch or Kane will make references to any of the events that transpired. It's clear that IOInteractive just kinda wanna move forward, and if they say that's what happened in the story, I guess that's what happened.

Bevacur
14th Jan 2010, 15:19
How did Lynch get out of Cuba on his own? How did Lynch escape? Lynch couldn't find his own ass without Kane's help.

Like I've said before, I think they are basically going to abandon the storyline of the first game. I doubt that Lynch or Kane will make references to any of the events that transpired. It's clear that IOInteractive just kinda wanna move forward, and if they say that's what happened in the story, I guess that's what happened.

Lynch was with the other guys wasnt he? Thapa or rific i think.

CommiesSuck
14th Jan 2010, 15:35
I was surprised that they're bringing Jenny back for this one, I'm guessing that they're either going with the chopper ending or having her surviving the gunshot. I hope that they're not just starting over because that would royally piss me off. There were people who actually enjoyed the 1st one and don't wanna see it ****ed with to please the mainstream

jam13
14th Jan 2010, 16:18

Or Kane needs more money to pay for unlicensed doctor .
He wants to save Jenny's life .

btw I think they escaped from Venezuela .
If you see the achievement "Have Gun, Will Travel Part III" picture , it's the Venezuela flag.

Kent-45
14th Jan 2010, 16:24
It just strikes me as really ridiculous... this notion that somehow Lynch fought his way to the dock on his own, blasted through a hundred cuban militia....rescued shelly (Who doesn't even like Lynch in the first place - even telling Kane in the prison that he won't work with Lynch cause he's a wife killer)

then you're gonna tell me Lynch & Shelly fought their way to the dock, and Lynch sailed off for shanghai....BY HIMSELF???

Then after all that...after being left to die, and angrily spouting "I ******* knew it!" when Kane and his daughter flew off without him... you're gonna tell me that when Lynch needs help the FIRST person he thinks to call is someone that left him to ******* die in cuba???

iCEQB
14th Jan 2010, 16:48
It just strikes me as really ridiculous... this notion that somehow Lynch fought his way to the dock on his own, blasted through a hundred cuban militia....rescued shelly (Who doesn't even like Lynch in the first place - even telling Kane in the prison that he won't work with Lynch cause he's a wife killer)

then you're gonna tell me Lynch & Shelly fought their way to the dock, and Lynch sailed off for shanghai....BY HIMSELF???

Then after all that...after being left to die, and angrily spouting "I ******* knew it!" when Kane and his daughter flew off without him... you're gonna tell me that when Lynch needs help the FIRST person he thinks to call is someone that left him to ******* die in cuba???

this!

DrDoom
14th Jan 2010, 17:16
Until we get more info or confirmation I wouldn't go crazy over one line from an IGN Preview.

They have been hugely wrong before, and/or interpreted things.

ohitspatty
14th Jan 2010, 17:28
Eh, I think it made the first one so dramatic that Jenny died in what I call the real ending...

Now I'm just curious about the storyline they packed for the second one.

Bawabus
14th Jan 2010, 17:47
Well, time makes people change. If the two haven't seen each other in awhile it could be that Lynch has forgiven Kane to a certain extent--did they not say Lynch had found 'peace' in Shanghai? Do the remorse Lynch showed in that teaser when he was thinking about Kane? He wasn't happy; if Kane had saved Lynch you'd think Lynch would be maybe a little bit happier to see Kane, or at least grateful in some way.

Kane seems like the selfish sort; I wouldn't be surprised if the helicopter ending is the real ending.

Having said these things. It could go either way.

Bevacur
14th Jan 2010, 19:06
wouldn't be surprised if the helicopter ending is the real ending.

We have absolute no idea what happens after Kane fly offs with Jenny. For all we know Kane could of came back for Lynch after his daughter was safe.
Maybe Kane even used a radio to tell Lynch to go to the port and meet him somewhere after it is all over?

ohitspatty
14th Jan 2010, 19:35
Hm, I always like to think of "Consequence" ending to be the real one because to get Iron Flower achievement, you have to complete the game/chapter 16, therefore it's the ending you get.

Also, maybe it's because it's so dramatic in my opinion. I mean, a washed up man that ****ed up is trying to do something good by helping men in the village yet he finds out that it's too late to save them, and instead of saving someone he loses his daughter.

It was a powerful ending, now I'm not sure what to think.

Bawabus
14th Jan 2010, 19:46
Very true--it would be a better ending. Kane's motivations were selfish all through the first game; having him sacrifice his driving desire in the end is much more interesting than having him continue on with his selfish ways.

Vulture
14th Jan 2010, 20:53
looks like IO didnt choose any of the endings

Brackstone17
14th Jan 2010, 21:00
I'm starting to think that Jenny barely survived and is now on life support somewhere. That explains why Kane keeps doing what he does, he has to pay the bills. It also explains why Lynch would contact Kane again. I think it's a bit of a stretch for her to survive, but her surviving makes the most sense right now.

Arsh
15th Jan 2010, 07:18
I'm starting to think that Jenny barely survived and is now on life support somewhere. That explains why Kane keeps doing what he does, he has to pay the bills. It also explains why Lynch would contact Kane again. I think it's a bit of a stretch for her to survive, but her surviving makes the most sense right now.

Yeah, this I could believe.

Kent-45
15th Jan 2010, 15:01

That actually does make the most sense. The IGN article says he's trying to get money for his daughter... It doesn't specify what condition she's in or anything like that. I figure if his daughter was fully healthy, I doubt she'd want anything to do with Kane, let alone his dirty money..

I'm eager to see how IOInteractive handles this.

Brackstone17
15th Jan 2010, 22:45
Apparently this is how they handle it:

http://www.vg247.com/2010/01/15/kane-lynch-2-your-questions-answered/

He says that the situation is the same no matter what ending happened, so we can choose which ending is the right one basically. I like this method.

Kent-45
15th Jan 2010, 22:49
so if he's "saving money for his daughter" then obviously you can't just pick either one. This interview was pretty useless. It's almost like he has amnesia about his own storyline... doesn't he remember that in one of the "choices" Kane's daughter dies? I guess not.

/me is confused.

CommiesSuck
17th Jan 2010, 03:10
I'm guessing they'll just have a quick scene of him saving her or something.

Falkenwut
19th Jan 2010, 14:58
I just checked out the article! My hypothesis was correct:

Quoting the interview: "It’s linear and story-driven, but it does have multiple paths throughout the levels. There are various ways of completing the different accounts"

This means the story may have 2 or more endings.
My hypothesis is: That if you take a specific path... 1 ending was true, 1 ending was false...
Example: You take 1 entry, Lynch will snap at Kane more... giving the betrayal ending
or you take the other entry, Lynch will be more sympathetic, giving the "good" ending...

Hope you guys understand what I'm talking about.

UhUh
19th Jan 2010, 16:11

Quoting the interview: "It’s linear and story-driven, but it does have multiple paths throughout the levels. There are various ways of completing the different accounts"

My hypothesis is: That if you take a specific path... 1 ending was true, 1 ending was false...
Example: You take 1 entry, Lynch will snap at Kane more... giving the betrayal ending
or you take the other entry, Lynch will be more sympathetic, giving the "good" ending...

I'm pretty sure they were talking about the levels being open enough to let you have different approaches to the action, not story wise.

TheMoD
19th Jan 2010, 16:40

I understand what you mean, but I kinda have a more pessimistic aproach to all of this. :( Basically I think they'll pretend the first game never happened. Except for Kane and Lynch already knowing each other and maybe some small references here and there...